Support for Genie Clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Genie Clients?

Testing the plug in now, so far so good with my HR34. I have 5 TV's. 1 is controlled by the H34 and the other 4 are controlled by Genie boxes connected to the HR34. They all show the same IP address as the HR34 as they home of the main STB. Do you have a way to control the Genie clients as well as the main Box?

I know Roomie Remote has been able to do this.
    http://www.roomieremote.com/news/roomie18features/http://www.roomieremote.com/forums/t...omie-commands/

this plugin doesn't support Genie clients yet, but it should not be too difficult to implement.
    I have added it to my TODO list!

Comment

Awesome Spud thanks! Genie clients are becoming more and more common now I believe rather than multiple boxes!

Comment

I don't have any Genie client to test with, so could you paste the following url in a browser and post the json string returned:

http://<your_directv_ip>:<your_directv_port>/info/getLocations

thanks

Comment

Yikes! Sorry I missed this question. Info is below:

Looks to be pretty straightforward HTTP commands?
          Master bdrm is the HR24 base box

{
          "locations": [
          {
          "clientAddr": "0",
          "locationName": "MASTER BEDRM"
          },
          {
          "clientAddr": "B4F2E894E012",
          "locationName": "PATIO"
          },
          {
          "clientAddr": "B4F2E85DC210",
          "locationName": "FAMILY RM"
          },
          {
          "clientAddr": "B4F2E85DC911",
          "locationName": "GYM"
          }
          ],
          "status": {
          "code": 200,
          "commandResult": 0,
          "msg": "OK.",
          "query": "/info/getLocations"
          }
          }

Comment

I have added support for Genie clients in version 3.0.0.11, but I can't really test it. Could you give it a shot?

From the config page, if you set an IP that has Genie Clients, you will see a new Client dropdown list, select the client you want to control. You can create as many instance of the plugin as you need to control all your clients.

Let me know how it goes.
            Thanks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by spud; March 20, 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Awesome! I will test it out next week!!

Comment

Hey Spud -
                I installed and testing now. I created 3 Genie instances - PATIO, GYM, FAMILY. These were already auto populated in the drop down. However they don't seem to get status and I see the following errors. Anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

PHP Code:
                Mar-28 9:38:48 AM           DirecTV     ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Mar-28 9:38:46 AM           DirecTV     ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Mar-28 9:38:45 AM           DirecTV     ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Mar-28 9:35:52 AM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/tv/getTuned?
                Mar-28 9:35:51 AM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/info/mode?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC911 

Comment

I shut them down and restarted and it looks like the plug in is looking for a missing ini file?

PHP Code:
                  Mar-28 9:53:08 AM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in DirecTV
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:08 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Patio.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvremotePluginDirecTV InstancePatio
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvconfigPluginDirecTV InstancePatio
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Patio.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Patio.ini
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Info     Plug-in DirecTV with instance Patio has connected successfully
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1173
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:04 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1172
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:01 AM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in DirecTV
                  Mar
                  -28 9:53:01 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Gym.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvremotePluginDirecTV InstanceGym
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvconfigPluginDirecTV InstanceGym
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Gym.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_Gym.ini
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Info     Plug-in DirecTV with instance Gym has connected successfully
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1162
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:56 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1161
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:53 AM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in DirecTV
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:53 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_DirecTVFamily.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvremotePluginDirecTV InstanceDirecTV Family
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Warning     Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of directvconfigPluginDirecTV InstanceDirecTV Family
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_DirecTVFamily.ini
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Warning     Cannot find requested INI fileC:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\DirecTV_DirecTVFamily.ini
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Info     Plug-in DirecTV with instance DirecTV Family has connected successfully
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1150
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:49 AM           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:1149
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:45 AM           Web Server     Web Server authorized login successful from173.36.196.8 Useradmin
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:45 AM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in DirecTV
                  Mar
                  -28 9:52:45 AM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/info/getLocations?
                  Mar-28 9:52:40 AM           Info     Plug-in DirecTV has connected successfully 

Comment

You are facing bugs related to multiple instances which I have reported to HST but which have not been fixed yet.

Please do the following:
                    • From the Device management page, delete all your DirecTV devices
                    • From the PLUG-INS > Manage page, disable all your DirecTV instances
                    • Delete all your DirecTV instances except the first one (the one without a name)
                    • Stop HomeSeer
                    • In task manager make sure there is no HSPI_DIRECTV.exe gprocess running. Kill them if there is any.
                    • Restart HomeSeer
                    • Start the first DirecTV instance (the one without a name) and go to the config page for this instance

WARNING: to go to the confgi page do not click on the link from the Manage page, always use the menu "PLUG-INS > DirecTV > Config - instance", because the links will always bring you to the config page for the first instance.

• Set the ip address / port / client, and set the log level to debug
                    • Test this first instance using the device management page

if there is already a problem at this stage please post your logs

• Create a second instance, and enable it. Go to the config page for this instance (using the menu) and set the ip address / port / client, and set the log level to debug.
                    • Test this second instance using the device management page

repeat the process for all your instances.
                    you can ignore the warnings saying "Cannot find requested INI file" this INI file will be created as soon as you change something on the config page for this instance.

Thanks

Comment

Cool - that helped a lot!

Good news is that I added the main DVR unit in the Master Bedroom first OK and works perfect. I added a second instance which is a genie client in the FAMILY ROOM. The controls work perfect and I can change channels etc.

However, the status query does not seem to be working. In the log snippet below I change the channel to 202 which is CNN. However, the status return seems to be incorrect. I think this is because the query command isn't including the client address?

For example:
                      when I manually do this command in a browser I get the correct channel info.
                      PHP Code:
                      http://10.1.2.12:8080/tv/getTuned?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210 
                      But in the logs I am seeing just the following which returns the default channel info for the MASTER BEDROOM DVR.
                      PHP Code:
                      http://10.1.2.12:8080/tv/getTuned 

PHP Code:
                      Mar-28 12:36:39 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"callsign""SHOP",{0xA"duration"1800,{0xA"isOffAir"false,{0xA"isPclocked"3,{0xA"isPpv"false,{0xA"isRecording"false,{0xA"isVod"false,{0xA"major"74,{0xA"minor"65535,{0xA"offset"406,{0xA"programId""11484528",{0xA"rating""No Rating",{0xA"startTime"1396035000,{0xA"stationId"2311979,{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/tv/getTuned"{0xA} },{0xA"title""Buy Silver, At-Cost!"{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:39 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/tv/getTuned?
                      Mar-28 12:36:39 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"mode"0,{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/info/mode?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210"{0xA} }{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:39 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/info/mode?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210
                      Mar-28 12:36:34 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"hold""keyPress",{0xA"key""enter",{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/remote/processKey?key=enter&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210"{0xA} }{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:34 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/remote/processKey?key=enter&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210
                      Mar-28 12:36:33 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"hold""keyPress",{0xA"key""2",{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/remote/processKey?key=2&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210"{0xA} }{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:33 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/remote/processKey?key=2&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210
                      Mar-28 12:36:32 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"hold""keyPress",{0xA"key""0",{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/remote/processKey?key=0&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210"{0xA} }{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:32 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/remote/processKey?key=0&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210
                      Mar-28 12:36:31 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"hold""keyPress",{0xA"key""2",{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/remote/processKey?key=2&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210"{0xA} }{0xA}}
                      Mar-28 12:36:30 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/remote/processKey?key=2&clientAddr=B4F2E85DC210
                      Mar-28 12:36:22 PM           DirecTV     DEBUG {{0xA"callsign""SHOP",{0xA"duration"1800,{0xA"isOffAir"false,{0xA"isPclocked"3,{0xA"isPpv"false,{0xA"isRecording"false,{0xA"isVod"false,{0xA"major"74,{0xA"minor"65535,{0xA"offset"389,{0xA"programId""11484528",{0xA"rating""No Rating",{0xA"startTime"1396035000,{0xA"stationId"2311979,{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/tv/getTuned"{0xA} },{0xA"title""Buy Silver, At-Cost!"{0xA}} 

Comment

By the way... thank you again for supporting Genie! Even just being able to control things programatically is a HUGE help. Very impressive given you dont have the hardware to test

Comment

Originally posted by robilium View Post
                          However, the status query does not seem to be working. In the log snippet below I change the channel to 202 which is CNN. However, the status return seems to be incorrect. I think this is because the query command isn't including the client address?
                          you are right!
                          please retry with version 3.0.0.12 attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ba Da Bing Ba Da BOOM Works! Code below.

Only two things I noticed. At initial init all 4 of my rooms did the initial status back to the master device. So not sure if you have different logic at init time. But once I changed a channel or did an action they all updated.

The other is that the exe don't seem to kill themselves cleanly. I disabled the instances before upgrading but I had to manually kill the exe tasks.

Thanks again!

PHP Code:
                            DEBUG {{0xA"callsign""KGO",{0xA"date""20131115",{0xA"duration"1800,{0xA"isOffAir"false,{0xA"isPclocked"3,{0xA"isPpv"false,{0xA"isRecording"false,{0xA"isVod"false,{0xA"major"7,{0xA"minor"65535,{0xA"offset"469,{0xA"programId""11203492",{0xA"rating""TV-PG",{0xA"startTime"1396040400,{0xA"stationId"2725707,{0xA"status": {{0xA"code"200,{0xA"commandResult"0,{0xA"msg""OK.",{0xA"query""/tv/getTuned?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC911"{0xA} },{0xA"title""Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"{0xA}}
                            Mar-28 2:04:33 PM           DirecTV     INFO CMD SENThttp://10.1.2.12:8080/tv/getTuned?clientAddr=B4F2E85DC911 

Comment

Ba Da Bing Ba Da BOOM Works! Code below.

Only two things I noticed. At initial init all 4 of my rooms did the initial status back to the master device. So not sure if you have different logic at init time. But once I changed a channel or did an action they all updated.
                              Not sure I understand, could you provide some more information and logs?

The other is that the exe don't seem to kill themselves cleanly. I disabled the instances before upgrading but I had to manually kill the exe tasks.
                              Yeah, this is a HS3 bug, I have a bugzilla ticket open for this problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X