Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer HS-WS100+ Wall Switch -- STRANGE behavior!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer HS-WS100+ Wall Switch -- STRANGE behavior!

Hello,

I didnt know where to post this since there's not a section for the newest HS hardware. I hope here works.

I purchased some HomeSeer HS-WS100+ Wall Switches, and installed my first. I am experiencing some strange flickering when turning the switch on.

When i press the top part of the rocker, the lights come on for a fraction of a second, then turn off for 1 second, then turn on. See video

The only entries in the logs are:

Apr-16 5:26:08 PM Z-Wave Device: Homeseer Switch Master Bath Switch Binary Set to ON
    Apr-16 5:26:07 PM Z-Wave Device: Homeseer Switch Master Bath Central Scene Set to 1000

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

thanks,

Marco

I'm experiencing this in 2 switches, one a dimmer the other a straight on/off switch. I've installed 13 switches so far and have another 20 to go but with a 15% occurrence I'm not sure if I should install the others or return them. I have a ticket open with homeseer but still waiting on them.

Comment

Firmware Fix for HS-WS100+ "False Start"

We've posted the updated firmware for our HS-WS100+ wall switches. The new firmware will fix the "false start" issue where a locally controlled switch turns on briefly, turns off, and then turns on again. You can find the firmware on our current downloads page or use this direct link.

Please be sure to read the README file after you unzip the firmware file.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there any way to update the firmware on these switches if I don't own an HomeSeer Controller? I bought 16 switches to cover most of my home and integrate with my existing SmartThings hub. They work great, but several have started exhibiting the on/off/on cycling. I'd hate to have to RMA them if there is a simple firmware update I can get done.

Comment

Do you have a PC? You can download the HS3 software and run it as a trial. If the trial is expired, you can request a trial key. The only issue is that you will need a Z-Wave interface such as our SmartStick+. Maybe a small price to pay to be able to update the firmware on your devices?

Why not just switch to HS3

Originally posted by kkennedy22 View Post
          Is there any way to update the firmware on these switches if I don't own an HomeSeer Controller? I bought 16 switches to cover most of my home and integrate with my existing SmartThings hub. They work great, but several have started exhibiting the on/off/on cycling. I'd hate to have to RMA them if there is a simple firmware update I can get done.

Comment

Firmware 5.14 - Installed

I was able to successfully update all my HS-WD100+ dimmers and HS-WS100+ switches to the latest 5.14 firmware. I did have to install a trial version of HomeSeer to perform the updates. Possibly in the future a standalone tool could be provided to update firmware for those of us who use another automation system.

So far with the update I have not seen the phantom switching behavior - so that is great!

Attention:
            One note for others who may be upgrading their firmware, there are new configuration parameters in the 5.14 firmware that allows you to set the dimmer step and timing interval for remote-initiated control operations. By default, the values configured in my switches after the upgrade seemed to be random values and outside the valid range for these parameters. This caused my dimmers to turn the lights ON and OFF immediately with no dimming effect when controlled remotely. The simple fix is to go into the settings of each dimmer and manually update the values for the remote dimming step and interval. I simply set these values to the same values as the local dimmer step and interval parameters.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

Note, this is probably due to the fact the firmware is upgraded without a reset. So the values are pulled from memory at locations that are not initialized. Another way to fix it is to remove the switch from the network and then add it again. That will cause default values to be saved. But your method is also ok and saves you from having to remove the switch.

If you add a new one to the network that already has the updated firmware, you should not see this issue.

Originally posted by savageautomate View Post
              I was able to successfully update all my HS-WD100+ dimmers and HS-WS100+ switches to the latest 5.14 firmware. I did have to install a trial version of HomeSeer to perform the updates. Possibly in the future a standalone tool could be provided to update firmware for those of us who use another automation system.

So far with the update I have not seen the phantom switching behavior - so that is great!

Attention:
              One note for others who may be upgrading their firmware, there are new configuration parameters in the 5.14 firmware that allows you to set the dimmer step and timing interval for remote-initiated control operations. By default, the values configured in my switches after the upgrade seemed to be random values and outside the valid range for these parameters. This caused my dimmers to turn the lights ON and OFF immediately with no dimming effect when controlled remotely. The simple fix is to go into the settings of each dimmer and manually update the values for the remote dimming step and interval. I simply set these values to the same values as the local dimmer step and interval parameters.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

I've just had one switch fail in this manner, and it had previously been updated to 5.14 firmware. I also have a second switch that failed in the last week where the LED blinks when the power is applied to the circuit. I can't reset either switch and cycling the power via the breaker does not fix the condition.

I think what happened to the first is that it went into the mode of turning off and on until the relay/switch burnt up. Now the logic board tries to make it turn off and on and the LED reflects that but the relay is no longer making the click.
                Last edited by SeaOtter; November 12, 2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X