Unable to add new HS-WD100+ - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add new HS-WD100+ - Solved!

This might be a z-wave question or a HS-WD100 question. I am new to all of this so will start here.

I just purchased three more HS-WD100+ switches with companions as needed for locations. First one installed fine, added the z-wave node without issues. I am unable to add the second or third switch. I have optimized the network, updated my Z-Wave to the latest version, moved the hometrollerSEL to within 6 inches of the switches, and restarted the system. I can see where one switch might be bad, and since they have software, I guess two could be bad but chances are getting slimmer.

Question: am I missing somethings. Again, I have only had the system for a few weeks, very happy with it, just not sure if the switches are bad or if I am missing something. I have 4 HS-WD100 installed fine and working.

Current Date/Time: 6/4/2016 2:07:50 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 35 Minutes 18 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.254.13
    Number of Devices: 35
    Number of Events: 12
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.8.0: BLEmail
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5923.33602: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.1.80: Z-Wave

Thanks for the help, Mark

Try using the "remove" function first, it might be linked to another network. Removing it will also reset it, then maybe it will add.

Originally posted by MarkN View Post
    This might be a z-wave question or a HS-WD100 question. I am new to all of this so will start here.

I just purchased three more HS-WD100+ switches with companions as needed for locations. First one installed fine, added the z-wave node without issues. I am unable to add the second or third switch. I have optimized the network, updated my Z-Wave to the latest version, moved the hometrollerSEL to within 6 inches of the switches, and restarted the system. I can see where one switch might be bad, and since they have software, I guess two could be bad but chances are getting slimmer.

Question: am I missing somethings. Again, I have only had the system for a few weeks, very happy with it, just not sure if the switches are bad or if I am missing something. I have 4 HS-WD100 installed fine and working.

Current Date/Time: 6/4/2016 2:07:50 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 35 Minutes 18 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.254.13
    Number of Devices: 35
    Number of Events: 12
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.8.0: BLEmail
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5923.33602: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.1.80: Z-Wave

Thanks for the help, Mark
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Even with the 5.13 firmware, there was no problem including the switches. You can update to 5.14 (only binary switches) after they are included.

How far are you from the controller?

Have you tried excluding them first, just in case they have a HomeID already set in them. It is always a good idea to exclude a device first to reset it to a non-associated state.

EDIT: What Rich said. We posted at the same time.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Even with the 5.13 firmware, there was no problem including the switches. You can update to 5.14 (only binary switches) after they are included.

How far are you from the controller?

Have you tried excluding them first, just in case they have a HomeID already set in them. It is always a good idea to exclude a device first to reset it to a non-associated state.

EDIT: What Rich said. We posted at the same time.
        So I excluded the switch that is still installed and then went to add it, gave me the following:

Add Node started...
        Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
        A new node is being added...
        Error - Add Node Failed reported by controller - you may try again. A "Restart" has been done on your controller.

Then after the controller was restarted it added the node without any problems. Thanks for the help, figured it was something I had missed in all of the reading, just had a hard time accepting that two switches were bad.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X