New HomeSeer Dimmer Faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HomeSeer Dimmer Faulty?

I purchase 3 of the dimmers, and I love them but it appears that I have one that has failed.

Problem:
    The switch stops communicating >> TO << HS but still accepts commands >> FROM << HS. The ONLY way to get the switch to start communicating >> TO << HS is to pull the safety interlock (powering the switch down).

The strange thing is it will work perfectly UNTIL I set the switch to 100% (no dimming). From that point on it stops communicating >> TO << HS.

I don't think I'm missing anything, but before I start the RMA process I wanted to check with you guys.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

I reported something similar a week ago on this forum. On another thread today they said a WD firmware update is coming out hopefully this Thursday. Perhaps they have addressed this issue.

Comment

Well crap, I just ordered more last night... I only have one right now I was testing with, so haven't see any issues (other than it was a complete $%)@ to get included initially).

I am hoping the firmware fix is coming soon, and includes the requested functionality we have been requesting...

Comment

Guys - We've sold TONS of these dimmers with virtually no failures so far... so don't worry!

That said, we are testing new firmware for the dimmer today, so we should have an update very soon. I would suggest waiting a couple days on this. If not, we're happy to swap switches out if they're misbehaving.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Guys - We've sold TONS of these dimmers with virtually no failures so far... so don't worry!

That said, we are testing new firmware for the dimmer today, so we should have an update very soon. I would suggest waiting a couple days on this. If not, we're happy to swap switches out if they're misbehaving.
          Great to know! And thanks! I am not concerned, just my luck is that the wife finds the issues before I do

Comment

I'm glad Homeseer is selling TONS of the switches. Helping to keep the company healthy. The functionality and price point was right to convince me to replace every switch in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
              I'm glad Homeseer is selling TONS of the switches. Helping to keep the company healthy. The functionality and price point was right to convince me to replace every switch in my house.
              Thank you for that!
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just make sure you don't do what I did and Flash the on/off update firmware to the Dimming switches. They have no saftey in place and the switch part number is only 1 letter different. It will take the update but your switch will then only work 50% and kill the z-wave network with timeouts and communication failures.

There is no current fix of revert until they drop an update version hopefully soon.

Hopefully they put in some checkpoints to stop the not so bright like myself from doing this in the future. Or at-least have the fix accessible to reflash and correct it. Also adding the Dimming or ON/OFF over the link or something would also make it easier to spot the HS-WD100+ and HS-WS100+ a bit easier on the download page.

Comment

Oh man integlikewhoa, I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I know misery loves company so, I did the same exact thing to a router about 4 years ago.. It was a $175 mistake... :-(

So you guys think this is a firmware bug, and not a functional hardware failure?

I ask, because the problem I'm having doesn't seem to fit what others have been experiencing..
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

It sounds about the same as what I experienced on one switch, but I did not notice whether or not it started after going to 100% brightness as you described. Only two days until the new firmware is published so worth a try. I have not seen anything indicating what is changing in the new firmware to know if it addresses this issue but expect that should be included in release notes with the firmware as they did for the WS100 firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                      It sounds about the same as what I experienced on one switch, but I did not notice whether or not it started after going to 100% brightness as you described. Only two days until the new firmware is published so worth a try. I have not seen anything indicating what is changing in the new firmware to know if it addresses this issue but expect that should be included in release notes with the firmware as they did for the WS100 firmware.
                      I'm all for the two days, but I came from VERA so two days means....... Curious if Homeseer two days is really two days.

Comment

Working...
                      X