www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > Keyboard and Mouse Sensor Plug-in (3P)

Keyboard and Mouse Sensor Plug-in (3P) Keyboard / Mouse plug-in

Old November 12th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Seer Plus

Setting KMS to Off after Computer Power Down

Since the KMS can't switch the device off at monitored computer power down I have implemented the following work around:

1. Manually assign the KMS device a HomeSeer code. (Spud this might be a feature request, that when the devices are created they are automatically given a HomeSeer code).

2. In conjunction with 'UltraMon' (Ultra's Network Monitoring plug-in...sure it will work with Blades also) I set up an event that when the computer goes 'troubled' (aka is powered off) and the KMS device is still showing as on, I run a &hs.SetDeviceValue command line script that turns the KMS device off.

Example as follows:
Attached Images

Old November 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM

thank you for sharing

the device address is legacy from HS2, in HS3 you can use the Reference ID and the SetDeviceValueByRef function