Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vera to HS3... version & plugins needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough, I ask because my equipment stops responding to pings when I set it to standby.

Is there an API, or web interface on the Denon? Potentially, you could create a VB script to go to the network interface on the receiver and get on/standby.

Alternatively, if the Denon receiver can be configured to send a JSON command to HS3 you could configure it turn a virtual device in HS3 on or standby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
      Fair enough, I ask because my equipment stops responding to pings when I set it to standby.

Is there an API, or web interface on the Denon? Potentially, you could create a VB script to go to the network interface on the receiver and get on/standby.

Alternatively, if the Denon receiver can be configured to send a JSON command to HS3 you could configure it turn a virtual device in HS3 on or standby.

If you're is not responding to Ping then you cant remotely take it our of standby using the network... only IR or front panel button, correct? Otherwise Ping must work unless they have a specific setting to disable response to Ping - which I've never seen anything that sophisticated in an AVR, but it is possible.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll create a plugin myself. I only need to know 1 things from it. Cant be difficult (famous last words) ;-)

Comment

If it helps, the Harmony plugin DOES report back activity status, although NOT device status.

I actually use this for a motion controlled light in my theater room. I have an event that turns off lights if no motion after 15 minutes....of course, if we are watching a moving and not moving, it would go off... so I placed a condition in that said if the "Watch Movie" activity was on, then do not run event.

Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat
          I get that HS is worried about piracy. I think a self esteem
          huh?

Comment

Vera to HS3... version & plugins needed?

Crudd, that was for the licensing post, I opted not to post on it as it didn't pertain to my install. I have deleted it.

Last edited by Kerat; May 16, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X