- Supports the new serial version of the ad2usb

Fixes
    - a bug related to Zone Bypassing

Requirements
    - V2 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V2_1f_0b.hex or
    - V1 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V1_0f_26.hex

Please reply to this message with issues and bugs

Upgrade Instructions:

Very Important: Please backup your current HS mdb and vistaalarm.ini before begining so you can rollback if necessary

1. Shutdown HS
    2. You may install this new version over any existing version. The old version will be uninstalled. Your settings and devices will be retained and upgraded as necessary.
    3. Restart HS
    4. Configure Partition 1 (at a minimum) on the new Partition page. You will need to enter the device address you are using with the ad2usb and select a devicecode (DC) for the Partition device and the Chime device if you want one.

New User Instructions:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Install the package
    3. Restart HS
    4. Configure the Com port on the Setup/Interface page for the plugin and then enable the plugin
    5. From the plugin Config page, create the zone devices (using the Add Zone feature) to match your actual zones.
    6. Configure Partition 1 (at a minimum) on the new Partition page. You will need to enter the device address you are using with the ad2usb and select a devicecode (DC) for the Partition device and the Chime device if you want one.

Enjoy!

Note for Vista users: I have attempted to make this install package compatible with Windows Vista, but can't test it. If you receive an error installing this package, try the following:
    1. right click on a CMD icon and select run as Administrator
    2. Enter msiexec /i HomeSeerPluginVistaAlarm_1_2_0_0.msi (note: you will need to be in the directory where the msi file exists to run this.)

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; December 29, 2013, 09:46 AM. Reason: more new features & fixes & instructions
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=14088412/3/2010 1:04:34 AM Vista Alarm Found the AD2USB on COM port 5 running firmware version V2.1f.0e
    12/3/2010 1:04:34 AM Vista Alarm Error starting monitor12/3/2010 1:14:14 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: Vista Alarm on COM port 5
    12/3/2010 1:14:15 AM Vista Alarm Opened COM port 5
    12/3/2010 1:14:15 AM Vista Alarm Sent cmd: V
    12/3/2010 1:14:15 AM Vista Alarm Found the AD2USB on COM port 5 running firmware version V2.1f.0e
    12/3/2010 1:14:15 AM Vista Alarm Monitor started...
    12/3/2010 1:14:15 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Vista Alarm

Comment

Steven,
      if the faults are clearing prematurely, try increasing the Message Timeout (by a sec or two) on the plugin Settings page. this will make the plugin wait a little longer to see if another fault msgs shows up.

regarding v1.2, i think you just need to config the plugin Partitions page. I should have mentioned that in the OP. If you still have a debug log from v1.2 you might see msgs saying 'Ignoring Message...' which would indicate the partition page isn't configured.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

License code disappears - Magically

Mark,

The license code for ademco plug-in (ONLY) has now disappeared twice - both times randomly and this time it disappeared while I was in the hospital which suggests I didn't do anything - I would maintain that position anyway regardless where I was Anyway the online license activation worked fine and all is well now except for the really "alarming" disappearing code. No entries (specific to the ademco/licenses) in the log found so far except on restart when investigation cause when loading it reported trial period expired or no license. Version 1.1.14.0, hometroller pro 2.4.0.11

-rick

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
          Mark,

The license code for ademco plug-in (ONLY) has now disappeared twice - both times randomly and this time it disappeared while I was in the hospital which suggests I didn't do anything - I would maintain that position anyway regardless where I was Anyway the online license activation worked fine and all is well now except for the really "alarming" disappearing code. No entries (specific to the ademco/licenses) in the log found so far except on restart when investigation cause when loading it reported trial period expired or no license. Version 1.1.14.0, hometroller pro 2.4.0.11

-rick

Rick,

Tracking and maintaining the license codes is a function of HS, my plugin only tells hs when hs starts that a license is required. The only way the license would disappear related to the plugin is if you reinstalled the plugin and i accidently over wrote your license with the trial license. But my installer checks for an existing license and it doesn't sound like you have done anything like this.

I would put in a helpdesk ticket with hst.

hope you're doing ok.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

Concerning the AD2USB firmware, should I upgrade my current version V2_1f_0b.hex? unsure if I need the newer versions or not with the vista 1.2.5.

Thanks
            Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
              Hi Mark,

Concerning the AD2USB firmware, should I upgrade my current version V2_1f_0b.hex? unsure if I need the newer versions or not with the vista 1.2.5.

Thanks
              Raven
              I would stick with the fw ver you have. I have tested the plugin with this ver and everything seems to work fine.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

New to this and needing help

I have a adt Ademco control box along with a bunch of sensors. It is only about 2 years old. I am wanting to hook it up to my homeseer pro, and was told this could be done.
                  Now as far as I have really gotten was that I need to purchase this device which runs about $80.00 which I have found.
                  Now his is the questions, is it hard to hook this box up to the control panel?
                  Which plug in do I need to purchase to make it interface with homeseer?
                  Does all the programming come from the homeseer plug in and I do not have to do any programming on the control panel at all?
                  Also I wondered there is a hook up on the control panel that says X10, then also on the electric plug that it uses has 2 places that says X10(screws)

What I read it sound like it works great, but not getting much information on what all I have to get, and if all programming is done through homeseer. Plus I didn't understand the x10 hook ups, so I am hoping to hear and get some information so I can get started getting it together. I want to put it in the new house, but would like to make sure I can get it to work, while we are waiting on it, not take time out while moving in. I like the deal where it announces what doors are open, or movement in the house. This could be pretty handy, the new house is going to spread out more then this one.
                  Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions I can get on what is what, and what I all I need.
                  Danielbo

I seems like the few people I have talked with are happy with it, but not getting much information
                  Last edited by mnsandler; April 4, 2013, 08:24 PM.
                  danielbo

Comment

Daniel

welcome to the forum, and here are the major steps and components you need

1. install your sensors and program your panel, and get the alarm working as desired. The Vista Alarm plugin will not help here
                    2. purchase the ad2usb from nutech or homeseer.
                    3. purchase the vista alarm plugin
                    4. connect the ad2usb to the panel just like a wired keypad, and test
                    5. install the plugin and configure

Please refer to the stickies in the forum for details on the above.

btw. there is no need for any of the x10 stuff. you will be able control the alarm and get sensor input through plugin

hope this helps
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Could you please give me a link to where I would inf the ad2usb that I need to purchase? I found something on Amazon, but nothing on Homeseer and or could I find which web site is Nutech, I found a few links on a Google search and found about 5 or so different listing for different places and none of the would show me any thing called a ad2usb.
                      So if I have a link to show me what to purchase I would.
                      Also to I need to buy any special plug in for homeseer?
                      And one last question, I was told about something else I had to buy and they said it was around $80.00. I believe it was called something else, but cant find it. But if the ad2usb is all I need great, just if you could direct with a link to what I need to buy.
                      Then what about the plugin software for homeseer, Is there a special plug in program that I need to get also, or is it the one that I found under the third party plugins. Is it free?
                      Thank you for your fast reply and great help. I just wanted to know what all I need to make it work. Then what will homeseer be showing me after I get all hooked up.
                      Thank you again, and appreciate you help so much. As I said I want to get all working before we start moving, then when we get into the new house, I just will have to mount everything and be ready to go.
                      So excited to get this up and running and with the professional I have on these posting helping, I am sure I will get it the way I want it. Seems like a great group of guys. Going to need to purchase a few more sensors, I try to figure out how to program into the Contro Box. I think playing around with it I might have messed something up, it was telling me front door is open and so on, but now I am not. Will spend some time resurching this, but would like to hear any suggestions on this, maybe what I did.
                      All I know I did, was I thought I was setting a house code and a unit, hoping it would be all I needed to do to get X10 to work. I dont know if this is what messed it up or not. Please be patiant with me, I am old and so much going on right now with the move.

Daniel Bo

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      Daniel

welcome to the forum, and here are the major steps and components you need

1. install your sensors and program your panel, and get the alarm working as desired. The Vista Alarm plugin will not help here
                      2. purchase the ad2usb from nutech or homeseer.
                      3. purchase the vista alarm plugin
                      4. connect the ad2usb to the panel just like a wired keypad, and test
                      5. install the plugin and configure

Please refer to the stickies in the forum for details on the above.

btw. there is no need for any of the x10 stuff. you will be able control the alarm and get sensor input through plugin

hope this helps
                      danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                        Could you please give me a link to where I would inf the ad2usb that I need to purchase? I found something on Amazon, but nothing on Homeseer and or could I find which web site is Nutech, I found a few links on a Google search and found about 5 or so different listing for different places and none of the would show me any thing called a ad2usb.
                        So if I have a link to show me what to purchase I would.
                        Also to I need to buy any special plug in for homeseer?
                        And one last question, I was told about something else I had to buy and they said it was around $80.00. I believe it was called something else, but cant find it. But if the ad2usb is all I need great, just if you could direct with a link to what I need to buy.
                        Then what about the plugin software for homeseer, Is there a special plug in program that I need to get also, or is it the one that I found under the third party plugins. Is it free?
                        Thank you for your fast reply and great help. I just wanted to know what all I need to make it work. Then what will homeseer be showing me after I get all hooked up.
                        Thank you again, and appreciate you help so much. As I said I want to get all working before we start moving, then when we get into the new house, I just will have to mount everything and be ready to go.
                        So excited to get this up and running and with the professional I have on these posting helping, I am sure I will get it the way I want it. Seems like a great group of guys. Going to need to purchase a few more sensors, I try to figure out how to program into the Contro Box. I think playing around with it I might have messed something up, it was telling me front door is open and so on, but now I am not. Will spend some time resurching this, but would like to hear any suggestions on this, maybe what I did.
                        All I know I did, was I thought I was setting a house code and a unit, hoping it would be all I needed to do to get X10 to work. I dont know if this is what messed it up or not. Please be patiant with me, I am old and so much going on right now with the move.

Daniel Bo
                        here is a link to the ad2usb which is the hardware you need
                        http://www.nutech.com/online-store/22.html

either the serial or usb version will do; whichever works for your setup
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to order one and get this set up soon. I want to put it into the new house, we still have a while to go. I have been playing around with the unit and some how I have lost it telling me that front door is open or back door is open. I don't know what I did to loose this, but if I have a fault it will tell me the fault is at the back door or front door. So I am confused what I might have done. I was saying anytime the doors what opened and now its not. I set the chime to on and it worked, but still can not get the alarm to say front door is open or what ever when you open them.
                          Would anyone know what I might have changed to lose this feature?
                          Thanks for all the help. I got to order a bunch more modules, but hate that I can not figure out what I did. I really like that feature. As I said, if there is a fault, it will tell me fault front door, but will not say front door is open any more.
                          This should be a great system when done.
                          danielbo

Comment

Homeseer 3 Plugins available

When are your plugins for Ademco and PLM going to be ready for HS3?

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Fretwire View Post
                              When are your plugins for Ademco and PLM going to be ready for HS3?

Thanks

Jeff
                              I've started HS3 threads for each plugin in their respective forums to provide this information
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X