X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately there is no standard and some plugins now have two lines in the config page to control/setup a single plugin.

I compensated for this in the last build to help someone out. This it is now causing an issue for remote plugins (which also have the same name) hence the script has skipped these as it thinks it is a double line plugin.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Not an easy one to solve unfortunately. I may have to add an option where you have to physically count where the plugin is on the list and use that number. The problem is that if you add another plugin, you will have to adjust if necessary.
      Version 1.0.3 is now available which allows manual selection of a plugin by position in the list.
      Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.3 is now available which allows manual selection of a plugin by position in the list.

After adding a NIC in my HomeSeer machine i received "Plugin "xxxxx" not located in plugin list for every plugin i tried to restart. Reading about your new version which allows to explicitly add the IP address i installed it an it is working, but only using the manual selection mode. Selecting a plugin by name unfortunately still gives me the "not located in plugin list" error.

Grtz,

Blob

Comment

Thanks,

I've had a quick look and spotted the error with the manual IP address entry. Please try V1.0.4 on my site.

Unless you set Homeseer to the primary NIC, you will have to continue with the manual input.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks,

I've had a quick look and spotted the error with the manual IP address entry. Please try V1.0.4 on my site.

Unless you set Homeseer to the primary NIC, you will have to continue with the manual input.
            Check, name selection is working again. Thanks.

PS Why not use the configured ip address from setup>network ?

Comment

I don't believe that setting is exposed anywhere (it's not in settings.ini).

hs.GetIPAddress exposes all NIC addresses as a string. The first should be the primary NIC which I use here.

I would like to see what hs.GetIPAddress shows on your system?

From Control panel, Immediate script command:

&hs.Writelog("Test",hs.GetIPAddress)
              Jon

Comment

I don't believe that setting is exposed anywhere (it's not in settings.ini).
                Actually it is. gServerAddressBind=192.168.x.x shows the configured address. (I double checked by changing the ip on network tab.)

hs.GetIPAddress exposes all NIC addresses as a string. The first should be the primary NIC which I use here.
                In my case this does only return one IP address (the wrong one obviously). Certainly not all of them.

Comment

As I only have one NIC, I do not have that entry in my Settings.ini

That said, I can check to see if it is populated and if so use that.

I'll try and update later in the week.
                  Jon

Comment

Great. That will certainly make the script much more robust.
                    No need to hurry though. 1.04 seems to be doing the job for now.

Anyway, thanks for the quick fix.

Cheers.

Comment

No issue here the plugin works as advertised, I use it to restart Z-Wave when it drops off (2nd Z-Net is on wifi and it occasionally loses connection and doesn't reconnect - usually it does but there are times I can ping it but its not responding happily, toggling the PI fixes it - or restarting HS3, I'd put a z-wave switch on the outlet its plugged into but obviously that won't work when the z-net fails ).

My question is I cannot have the 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup.

Is there a way to script "checking the box" and then of course "unchecking" it?

I wouldn't trust the kids to not mess with the system...

Comment

I spent some time trying to get this to work with local passwords enabled but failed miserably. So at the moment I don't have a solution to this.
                        Jon

Comment

The best I've been able to do this morning was script replacing the value of "gNoPW192=" in the settings.ini file between "True" and "False" then restarting HomeSeer... its a bit too brute force for my liking... however it does work to enable/disable the pwd requirement... but then restarting HomeSeer fixes my problem anyway so I've just done a bit of overkill...

Sadly there appears to be no way to reload the global variables without restarting HomeSeer http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174597

Comment

Originally posted by camerun View Post
                            Jon,
                            Thanks for the great work. I have noticed that if you have multiple instances of a plugin and you try to disable/enable a plugin after the multiple instance plugin, it will disable the wrong one. For example, I use a DirecTv plugin and it has two instances running, one for each room. The script will disable/enable the plugin before the plugin I am trying to control. If I delete the multiple instance, it works as planned. Any thoughts?
                            Great script! However, I have the same issue. And I tend to play with plugins quite a bit, so using the physical count is not really maintainable... Any other options?
                            stefxx

Comment

No...as you have to specify the name of the plugin to enable/disable, there is no way to tell which one when you have multiple instances in the list. I'm afraid you are going to live with the number order.
                              Jon

Comment

I was just looking in my settings.ini. There is a list of all plugins (incl. instances). If I order them alphabetically, I get the same list as on the interface page, again incl. instances. Isn't there a way to link those together?

Or am I thinking to simple?

Either way, thanks again for the great script!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X