X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re Connection failures

Hi Greig,
    Is it using a usb hub?

Yes both the board are running off an internal hub, I have run out of usb ports on the machine.

Check the usb power settings the port may be sleeping.
    checked all possible USB ports and none were set to sleep, I have also checked the BIOS, to be on the safe side I have set the PC to maximum power usage. The only thing that sleeps now is the monitor after 5 minutes.
    I am at a loss as to know why this is happening, the software by the way is Win 7 64 bit home premium if that is of any help. I did think that may be as a last resort I could use an ethernet shield but do not feel overly confident about that.

Thanks for the pointers.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
      Hi Greig,
      Is it using a usb hub?

Yes both the board are running off an internal hub, I have run out of usb ports on the machine.

Check the usb power settings the port may be sleeping.
      checked all possible USB ports and none were set to sleep, I have also checked the BIOS, to be on the safe side I have set the PC to maximum power usage. The only thing that sleeps now is the monitor after 5 minutes.
      I am at a loss as to know why this is happening, the software by the way is Win 7 64 bit home premium if that is of any help. I did think that may be as a last resort I could use an ethernet shield but do not feel overly confident about that.

Thanks for the pointers.

Peter
      Peter,
      Sorry but I am running out of ideas.
      I am running over Ethernet so will do some testing with a com port attached Board.
      Can you run debug logging and leave the board until it disconnects then download and email me the log to see if I can spot anything.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Will set the debug but in the meantime.

Hi Greig,
        I restarted homeseer and everything was looking good for 2 hours and then this, not sure if there are any clues here.

Feb-02 8:11:10 PM Arduino Plugin Disconnected from Board No:1 on COM5 Feb-02 8:11:09 PM Arduino Plugin Error Board: 1 Connection FAILED.

Feb-02 8:10:27 PM Arduino Plugin
        Feb-02 8:09:18 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Feb-02 8:09:18 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Peter

Comment

Hi Greig,
          I restarted homeseer and everything was looking good for 2 hours and then this, not sure if there are any clues here.

Feb-02 8:11:10 PM Arduino Plugin Disconnected from Board No:1 on COM5 Feb-02 8:11:09 PM Arduino Plugin Error Board: 1 Connection FAILED.

Feb-02 8:10:27 PM Arduino Plugin
          Feb-02 8:09:18 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Feb-02 8:09:18 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          Peter
          I would need to look at a full debug log to work out where this error is from but it could be from a left over event trigger that I found and fixed in the last build. Can you try V1.0.0.16 found in the first post.
          This will not fix the connection problem I would still need the debug log for that.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Thanks for writing this plugin,
            i can not wait till my arduino mega board arrives since i want to connect the glass break / door contact sensors from the old alarm system to the board.

I do have a question, since i see that you can make calculations.
            I like to read the power meter consumption and the water meter

Is there someone that has this working with te arduino board and this plugin ?

Going to use a LDR to pick up the signal of the LED blinking and a cny70 for measuring the spinning disk in the meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
              Thanks for writing this plugin,
              i can not wait till my arduino mega board arrives since i want to connect the glass break / door contact sensors from the old alarm system to the board.

I do have a question, since i see that you can make calculations.
              I like to read the power meter consumption and the water meter

Is there someone that has this working with te arduino board and this plugin ?

Going to use a LDR to pick up the signal of the LED blinking and a cny70 for measuring the spinning disk in the meter.

Yes this should be possible with the use of the API.ino you can set up any arduino input and send it to Homeseer.

The Calculation is for Analogue inputs so you can easy set the input up to read the value you want in Homeseer.

The manual is available for download from the first post in this thread if you would like examples.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Can't install v1.0.0.16

Hi Greig,
                Tried to install V1.0.0.16 but get this from the updater.

Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Tried several times.
                Peter

Comment

Hi Greig,
                  Tried to install V1.0.0.16 but get this from the updater.

Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Tried several times.
                  Peter
                  I have just downloaded the files from the board and updated my Main Homeseer server with it and all is ok. The update is manual and will not download from the updater.

Download the Arduino_1_0_0_16.zip fron the first post in this thread and place it in your "\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips" folder then download the new updater_override.txt and place it in your Homeseer route folder.
                  Go the the updater and click Update Listing.
                  Expand Local Update.
                  Tick the install checkbox.
                  Click Download and Install.

The plugin should now be V1.0.0.16.

send me a copy of your log if it wont install.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

V1.0.0.16 installed. Thanks

Hmm, Thanks Greig,

I will try it again.
                    OK I managed to download the updater wrong!
                    If I had brains I would be dangerous.
                    V1.0.0.16 now installed.
                    OH I better go and delete the updater.

I have also attached an edited log file although I don't think it gives any clues. Will also e-mail it.

Thanks Peter.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, Thanks Greig,

I will try it again.
                      OK I managed to download the updater wrong!
                      If I had brains I would be dangerous.
                      V1.0.0.16 now installed.
                      OH I better go and delete the updater.

I have also attached an edited log file although I don't think it gives any clues. Will also e-mail it.

Thanks Peter.
                      Peter.

I think I have confused you. I would need a Debug log from the plugin and not the homeseer log.

Can you enable debug logging using the check box at the top of the plugin page then leave it until you have a problem. Then click the link on the plugin page to download the debug log and email it and the .ino file you are using to me by clicking on the (Enigmatheatre) link at the top of the plugin page.

Thanks

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Debug logging

Hi Greig,
                        I have restarted homeseer with the debug logging set at normal. Hope this is correct.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                          The plugin has no support for Wifi and I dont think I will be adding it as I think the shields are a bit over priced for what they do. You could add it to the .ino version if you want to.
                          I am going to test this which has been great on other projects that I have used them with and I will report back when I have. The great thing about something like this is that it is just a serial pass through so there is no changes to the config in the plugin. You would have to change the baud rate of the XRF but that should be it. You can also get a usb version Here which would just mount as a comport.

Greig.
                          I am backing this initiative on kickstarter - I guess it could be used too:
                          http://blog.flutterwireless.com/
                          Best,
                          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Just a feature request, but would it be possible to 'lock' the configuration settings of a board. My issue at the moment (which is really due to my 1-wire network) is that I can add the temperature sensors fine, but because of the network traffic eventually there must be collisions or noise on the line which means that new 1-wire network devices end up being created, when I left my system for some amount of time, about 30 new temperature devices had been created (When there are only 5 real devices).

Once I have my 1-wire devices set up, I would really like to just end up 'freezing' the system config so that no new 1-wire devices are added unless I 'unfreeze' the addition of new 1-wire devices.

Thanks!
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                              Just a feature request, but would it be possible to 'lock' the configuration settings of a board. My issue at the moment (which is really due to my 1-wire network) is that I can add the temperature sensors fine, but because of the network traffic eventually there must be collisions or noise on the line which means that new 1-wire network devices end up being created, when I left my system for some amount of time, about 30 new temperature devices had been created (When there are only 5 real devices).

Once I have my 1-wire devices set up, I would really like to just end up 'freezing' the system config so that no new 1-wire devices are added unless I 'unfreeze' the addition of new 1-wire devices.

Thanks!

I guess this is possible. I do not really understand where the other devices are coming from. Are they duplicate Addresses or are they all different?

I will see what I can do.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

The devices are all different addresses, like the 1-wire address gets corrupted and references a different device therefore another one gets created.
                                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X