Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iTunes DAAP plugin now works with HSTouch Media API, finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
    HSTouch server 3.0.0.91
    client 1.0.134
    you need android client 1.0.136 posted here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177004

Comment

Bingo. Looks good now.

Should have mentioned I'm using one of those $50 7inch fire tablets. I had to side load the new version of hstouch client....so there was a new learning experience for me today.

Thanks very much.

Tom

Comment

Spud, I'm noticing delays when selecting the next track. I'm using the latest version of HSTouch for Android (1.0.137). Album art sometimes doesn't load. Although, everything looks good in the web player. What causes this?

Code:
        Jan-30 4:01:00 PM	 	iTunesDAAP	INFO FetchCover: The operation has timed out
        Jan-30 4:00:43 PM	 	iTunesDAAP	ERROR The operation has timed out
        Jan-30 4:00:03 PM	 	iTunesDAAP	ERROR The operation has timed out
        Jan-30 3:59:53 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Security Kitchen Motion Sensor Set to Off/Closed/No Motion
        Jan-30 3:59:51 PM	 	iTunesDAAP	ERROR The operation has timed out
        Jan-30 3:59:36 PM	 	iTunesDAAP	ERROR The operation has timed out
        Jan-30 3:59:21 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Security Lower Passage Morion Sensor Binary Set to Off/Closed/No Motion
        Jan-30 3:59:15 PM	 	HSTouch Server	Found music plugin: iTunesDAAP

Comment

Well it's good to have a working media player again. It's not perfect, but way better than any other option I've tried. My biggest issue is that I usually pick music by artist. itunes or HSTOUCH seems to list the music by contributing artist. So for instance with Daft Punk Random Access Memories, you end up with 5 different Daft punk listings, each containing a song or two from the album.

I'm attaching the design of one of my touch screens for media player inspiration. What is shown is the player with the media selector flyout open.
          The flyout is opened by clicking the button with the music note on it.
          Attached Files
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
            Well it's good to have a working media player again. It's not perfect, but way better than any other option I've tried. My biggest issue is that I usually pick music by artist. itunes or HSTOUCH seems to list the music by contributing artist. So for instance with Daft Punk Random Access Memories, you end up with 5 different Daft punk listings, each containing a song or two from the album.

I'm attaching the design of one of my touch screens for media player inspiration. What is shown is the player with the media selector flyout open.
            The flyout is opened by clicking the button with the music note on it.
            Nice screen!

Regarding the problem of listing music by contributing artist, this is due to the way the Artist tag is filled in your mp3 files. I have this same daft punk album in my library and doesn't have this problem.
            To fix it, from iTunes select all tracks from this album, right click/ get info, and change the artist name to "Daft Punk"

Comment

Thank you, and also Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction for iTunes. Thats got it fixed once I realized that the changes do not show up until you cycle the plugin.

Tony
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I've now have my first instance of iTunes DAAP plugin working great with the media api and HSTouch.

However I have multiple instances of iTunes DAAP plugin working controlling a few instances of iTunes. However I can't seem to figure out how to configure HSTouch to recognize those additional instances of the plugin as seperate music sources in HSTouch. For example I am trying to set up an HSTouch page to use the "music selector element" however when I go to set the properties for this element, I only have one music source to choose from. (Source 1.1 which is my original instance of the iTunes DAAP plugin) How can I get more than the Source 1.1 to show up as options in HSTouch?

Sorry for posting on two threads, but I think this applies to both and I'm hoping someone can answer the question.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maui917 View Post
                  I've now have my first instance of iTunes DAAP plugin working great with the media api and HSTouch.

However I have multiple instances of iTunes DAAP plugin working controlling a few instances of iTunes. However I can't seem to figure out how to configure HSTouch to recognize those additional instances of the plugin as seperate music sources in HSTouch. For example I am trying to set up an HSTouch page to use the "music selector element" however when I go to set the properties for this element, I only have one music source to choose from. (Source 1.1 which is my original instance of the iTunes DAAP plugin) How can I get more than the Source 1.1 to show up as options in HSTouch?

Sorry for posting on two threads, but I think this applies to both and I'm hoping someone can answer the question.
                  I think we are supposed to see Source 2.1 or something like that, but I just tested and I see the same thing, only source 1.1 shows up, not sure why. Looks like a bug in HSTouch so I need to see this with Rich.

Comment

Thanks, hopefully they can get that fixed. It's so close to finally being able to support multiroom audio with this plugin!

Comment

Just thought I would bump this thread and see if you have heard anything back from the Homeseer team on the multiple music sources question.

Comment

Originally posted by maui917 View Post
                        Just thought I would bump this thread and see if you have heard anything back from the Homeseer team on the multiple music sources question.
                        I told Rich about this problem, he acknowledged that this is probably a bug in HStouch server, but I didn't get any response about when he would be able to look at it.

I will try to ask again

Comment

I know this is an HS3Touch issue, but just bumping this thread again to see if you heard a response from Rich on the multiple sources issue.

Comment

iTunes DAAP HSTouch list box on iOs

Spud,
                            I am assuming this is in HS3 issue and not the plugin but the music selector does not work correctly when tied to a list box is HSTouch on iOS. I have been doing a lot of testing and think I have it narrowed down. When a selection only only has one item, it is not displayed. If a selection has multiple items, it will display them. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Camerun View Post
                              Spud,
                              I am assuming this is in HS3 issue and not the plugin but the music selector does not work correctly when tied to a list box is HSTouch on iOS. I have been doing a lot of testing and think I have it narrowed down. When a selection only only has one item, it is not displayed. If a selection has multiple items, it will display them. Any help?
                              do you have the same problem when you test with the windows HSTouch client that you can launch from the Designer?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                do you have the same problem when you test with the windows HSTouch client that you can launch from the Designer?
                                Hey Spud, sorry for the delayed response. I tested it on the windows client and it works correctly. Must be an iOS issue with the list boxes I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X