Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to view map via HSTouch

Hello,

I'm surprised how few posts there are in this plugin's forum. The plugin is awesome. I use it to supplement the security aspects of HS3.

So, I know this plugin can create images of the current location. I can set that image as a device image and see it via the web interface, which is only somewhat useful as it is scaled down to fit, even after clicking on the device to view the larger image.

What I would love is a way to view a map of a users location from HSTouch. Either the image that this plugin creates or a link that launches Google Maps and shows a pin on the location. I do have HSTouch Designer at my disposal.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    Hello,

I'm surprised how few posts there are in this plugin's forum. The plugin is awesome. I use it to supplement the security aspects of HS3.

So, I know this plugin can create images of the current location. I can set that image as a device image and see it via the web interface, which is only somewhat useful as it is scaled down to fit, even after clicking on the device to view the larger image.

What I would love is a way to view a map of a users location from HSTouch. Either the image that this plugin creates or a link that launches Google Maps and shows a pin on the location. I do have HSTouch Designer at my disposal.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
    The reason for the lack of posts is that the plug-in has only just got it's own space on the forum.

If you have the static map option switched on for the user, then it will create just that. A static map with a maximum size of 640x640 which will be updated whenever the user's position changes.

Image files are located in \YourHS3Folder\html\PHLocation\Maps and named [UserRootDvRef].png.

You can display these in HSTouch by adding an image element to a screen and setting the urlNormal property to:

Code:
    http://YourHS3Server/PHLocation/Maps/1234.png
    where 1234 is the device ref of the user in question.

If you want a link to Google maps in HSTouch then:

Add a text element to a screen and size it appropriately to display the Google Maps web page.
    Set the IsHTML property to True.
    In the text element enter:

Code:
    https://maps.google.com/?q=[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(100) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(101)]
    where 100 is the device reference No for the latitude device of the user you want to display and 101 is the reference of the longitude device for the same user.

Alternatively for multiple users, leave the text element blank and add some buttons to the same page an in their action on pressed or released set the action to:

Action Type: Set an element's text property
    Element: Choose the text element that is displaying the maps
    Display Text: As above but change the device ref's to suit each user.

Paul..

Comment

Thank you so much for that detailed reply. I'm confident I could make a screen or two given all of that information. However, I was hoping I wouldn't have to make a screen. I'm still using the stock/default project with the 7 main buttons on the home page. I currently view the PHLocation stuff via the Lighting & Devices button which shows the hierarchical lists of floors, rooms and devices. I'm not sure what that built in feature is called. What I was hoping for was a way to view a map by clicking on the street address entry or perhaps the root device entry. Right now it just shows 'No Data'. I don't know if it's possible to alter the behavior of this portion of HSTouch. Is it possible? If not, I guess a custom page is my only option.

Thanks!
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
      X