Vera user - two quick questions to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Here used to use much TTS alerts / texting / email messages for just about everything (late 1990's-early 2000's). I have brought it down a bit due to WAF and changed inside of the house to chimes and visuals plus on demand status stuff. IE: after hours outdoor sensors went from TTS to chimes...one if by land two if by sea kind of stuff....touch screen pop ups (night stand ones) have been reduced a bit as I over did it some.
    I get the WAF thing. As much as I think it's cool to have the hosue welcome me home, or tell me stuff randomly. My wife and kids think it is crazy and annoying...LOL

So I don't do as much TTS as I want. When I get the speakers in my office and hooked up to the russound system, I will have it do TTS just for me...cause I'm geeky like that

Comment

I never had much success getting Veralerts to work and I'm not sure why.

Will look into the Pushover plugin. Sounds like it could work

Comment

Don't forget Tasker. The Tasker plugin does TTS and sounds.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Vera user - two quick questions to start

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here have upgraded / testing my original Zee-2 (HS3 Lite) to

- Pine64 2Gb RTC running Ubuntu 64 bit server

- Xi5a 2Gb AMD dual core running Ubuntu 64 bit server

Both of the above do well with HS3 Zee-2 software.

I have repurposed the original Zee-2 (with Z-Wave GPIO / PiFace RTC) to a remote Z-Wave device (similiar to ZNet but not).

Relating to HS3 Pro using an Intel iSeries CPU / 16Gb of memory running Ubuntu 64 bit and it is doing fine these days.

Forum seems fine today ...been bugging T-Mobile about ping times lately. Use Firefox as a browser on Wintel, Linux and Android.

Interesting blurb about closest T-Mobile server..

The name of the town was an unintentional misspelling by the U.S. Postal Service in 1882 of the city's intended name, taken from Arad Thompson, the son of the town founder and first postmaster Stephen Tuttle Thompson. Two other names for the town were sent to the Postal Service for consideration: "Ink" and "Bird". It has frequently been noted on lists of unusual place names.

Pete,
          Man, you have me really considering moving my HS3 standard for Linux server over to a bigger rig from my bitty RPI 3.

My HS3 standard has 57 devices, 44 events running 5 plugins in HS3, and homebridge for Linux on the OS along with a couple other pre-requisite services.

I am at 332 MB used of 972 MB. Between memory used cached and buffers I am running below 75% utilization at 616 MB of 972 MB. That pine64 is pretty sweet Looking with 64 bit native, Ubuntu and 2GB RAM. I am really trying to hold my breath before making a move. I am contemplating my next hardware move and considering making it to a single hardware host for my HS3, unifi wifi controller, and unifi video server (for security cameras) when I purchase them.
          I am considering attempting to build it as a VM HOST server so that I don't have to muddle with maintaining compatibility between multiple software vendors on a single OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
            Noob question here. What is PLEG? Is it a Vera thing or something on HS?
            Since nobody answered this question. Program Logic Event Generator PLEG
            Vera without PLEG was like the Scarecrow......no brain

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I actually quite liked a lot about PLEG and I think it mainly stemmed from Richard doing the best with what he had. Without PLEG, the Vera is completely unusable, IMHO.
            Amen to that! Richard did some good work. Probably the only reason I stayed with Vera for so long.

It does seem like a grand reunion. I see a lot of the same people from the Vera forum. I am still using the trial for HS3 and just waiting for the sale. Everything in HS3 works with whatever I pair.
            As far as Vera alerts, I rely more on text message than email. Will Pushover do text message?

Comment

Originally posted by thewizardofoz View Post
              As far as Vera alerts, I rely more on text message than email. Will Pushover do text message?
              Total reunion!

Personally, i never ended up using Pushover because my needs were pretty simple and can be done from within HS3. I get texts for things like when a garage door is left open for too long. ATT lets you send a text via a mail server, and mail support is built into HS3, so i just use that. works flawlessly.

Comment

Great Thanks

Comment

PLEG is like all of the loving effort a battered woman puts into a marriage. I guess people use Vera and PLEG because they're "cheap". They're cheap in the same way that Linux is cheap..... If your time is worthless......

You can also use BLGData to send text messages.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    I thought this wasn't working anymore? I thought the only part of BLGData that worked currently was the calendar (things may have changed). Last I heard, the API changed on Blade and he hasn't gotten all the parts back to working.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      PLEG is like all of the loving effort a battered woman puts into a marriage. I guess people use Vera and PLEG because they're "cheap". They're cheap in the same way that Linux is cheap..... If your time is worthless......

Ahhh PLEG

One of the main reasons I dumped Vera

Comment

^^^
                        I am positive that if a PLEG version was available on HS, there would be very few advanced Vera users. Vera without PLEG is, like it was mentioned before; brainless.
                        4 months on and Vera CS is still tinkering with devices in my sandpit taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back in the process. Their latest effort has me back to late December with devices no longer being detected and Device status no longer being indicated in the UI. Luckily-I don't rely on VeraUI7 for HA.

Comment

Working...
                        X