No announcement yet.

KRACK wi-fi vulnerability patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would restore from a backup (which of course requires that a reasonably current backup was made).

Once you've added the smartstick interface, on the Z-Wave controller management page, select action 'Restore a Network to this Interface'.

Another option: here is an image of znetv2 1.0.17:
    https://homeseer.com/updates3/znet_v2.img

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
      Post #13 didn't work, I do have a USB stick but am unclear on how to write my ZWave network to it?
      Have you ever backed up your Z-Net? That has to be done manually from the controller menu dropdown and will generate a file in the \Data\Z-Wave directory with a filename like "ZNet_Shed_003D3410_2017-10-17_03.00.00.ZWave", replacing "Shed" with the name you assigned to your Z-Net.

If you have that file, you can restore it to another controller from the same dropdown.

This process will only restore the node information, not the routing information, so you may need to re-optimize your network.

The smartest option would be to use the image posted above to create a new SD card image.
      You can burn that image to an SD card with win32diskimager.
      Last edited by randy; October 17, 2017, 07:59 PM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Post #13 didn't work, I do have a USB stick but am unclear on how to write my ZWave network to it?
        Take a look at this site, it's wiringPi for BCM2835...

http://wiringpi.com/

Looks like they have Pi installable modules??

Z

Comment

In my case "cat /etc/debian_version" returned 8.0 and "fgrep Hardware /proc/cpuinfo | head -1 | awk '{ print $3 }'" returned BCM2709 so I went ahead and upgraded with:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

It took quite a while to complete, but everything is working fine and showing "wpasupplicant/oldstable,now 2.3-1+deb8u5 armhf [installed]"

Thanks for your help guys, and I hope macrho is up and running again soon.

Comment

Interesting - mine are BCM2835 (rpi3) and wiringPi supports them just fine.

Looks like the znetv2 came with /usr/lib/libwiringPi.so.2.32 and the current is 2.44.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Have you ever backed up your Z-Net? That has to be done manually from the controller menu dropdown and will generate a file in the \Data\Z-Wave directory with a filename like "ZNet_Shed_003D3410_2017-10-17_03.00.00.ZWave", replacing "Shed" with the name you assigned to your Z-Net.

If you have that file, you can restore it to another controller from the same dropdown.

This process will only restore the node information, not the routing information, so you may need to re-optimize your network.

The smartest option would be to use the image posted above to create a new SD card image.
              You can burn that image to an SD card with win32diskimager.
              I last backed it up 4 months ago: ZNet_ZNETPi_CEBA9CCD_2017-06-16_06.18.27.ZWave

Would there not be a file on the current z-net that would contain all the data or did the upgrade completely wipe that all out? Grasping at straws here

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                Take a look at this site, it's wiringPi for BCM2835...

http://wiringpi.com/

Looks like they have Pi installable modules??

Z
                That worked, I followed Plan A and everything is back up and running
                Time to take a backup of my Z-wave network
                Does anyone know if the backup of the z-wave network can easily be automated? I use blbackup but don't see an option for the z-wave network

Thanks very much for your help in getting this back up and running

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Ubuntu has updated it's stuff. Checked on the RPi forums and looks (Wheezy, Jessie and Stretch) to be updated.

SSH to your ZNet then

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
                  Pete: You're good at explaining this stuff. I am not at your level of technological knowledge (not even close). Why is it necessary to do this patch? Is it a backdoor potentially to everything on my LAN?

Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Good news Macrho!!!

Relating to the ZNet device.

The easiest way to back up the SD card is to remove it, use a laptop or PC with an SD card reader and a program like Win32 imager to create an image from the SD card.

Relating to the ZWave network a backup will work on your main HS3 box.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Good news Macrho!!!

Relating to the ZNet device.

The easiest way to back up the SD card is to remove it, use a laptop or PC with an SD card reader and a program like Win32 imager to create an image from the SD card.

Relating to the ZWave network a backup will work on your main HS3 box.
                      Am happy to be back up and running! You guys are very helpful

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet, apologies. I will pull the SD card and back it up. My question was about the actual z-wave network that I can manually back up through Z-wave > Controller Management > Backup this interface
                      I'd like to automate that backup piece

Comment

@Elliot

Why is it necessary to do this patch?

Wireless WPA has been compromised.

Is it a backdoor potentially to everything on my LAN?

Yes it could be.

The chances of this happening are not high but the chances are there.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My question was about the actual z-wave network that I can manually back up through Z-wave > Controller Management > Backup this interface
                          I'd like to automate that backup piece

I am not familiar with an automatic way to do this. Look in the directory on your HS3 box. I think that there might be a few automatically backed up ZWave files there.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Here DIY'd my old Zee2 RPi2 to being a ZNet device.

That said it has a ZWave dot me GPIO card and a PiFace RTC (clock) from when it was a Zee 2.

I initially also updated it to Jessie and thought it was a bit too fat. I never really liked the integration of Wireless / Bluetooth to the RPi3. That is me.

I downgraded the Jessie-Lite on the RPi2 back to Wheezy which runs a bit faster that Jessie-Lite on the RPi2.

I am also today using the POE RPi2 connected device in the attic and it serves as a 1-Wire hub for all of the second floor rooms which have combo 1-wire temperature and humidity sensors.

It is totally customized such that typically when I update via command line my fingers do the walking these days sort of automatically.

Attic POE ZNet like device stats are: (old Zee2 modded).

Linux ICS-ZNet 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l
                            cat /etc/os-release
                            PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
                            NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
                            VERSION_ID="7"
                            VERSION="7 (wheezy)"
                            ID=raspbian

In a recap relating to wireless here utilize an Ubiquiti for some 2-3 devices that are on line sometimes and have been testing three micro WAPs for other stuff modding them with RTC's (clocks) and one with a single 1-wire temperature device. IE: One is being utilized for my Leviton Omnipro 2 device and wireless is shut off. These are all running OpenWRT.

While I tinker with Wireless I have no automation / multimedia dependencies on wireless. That is me. Cell phones get autoforwarded to the main house phones and are off typically. No cell phones are on while in the home. One failover combo internet and voice line is cellular here. (that stays on). Tablets remain in OFF mode unless I am using them.
                            Last edited by Pete; October 18, 2017, 07:57 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I last backed it up 4 months ago: ZNet_ZNETPi_CEBA9CCD_2017-06-16_06.18.27.ZWave

Would there not be a file on the current z-net that would contain all the data or did the upgrade completely wipe that all out? Grasping at straws here
                              None of the Z-Net node and routing data is stored on the SD card. It is all stored within the 500 series Z-Wave controller IC. This is good, because if you use the SD card image that Wolfpack posted to re-image your SD card, your Z-Wave Network will remain intact.

Comment

That worked, I followed Plan A and everything is back up and running
                                Time to take a backup of my Z-wave network
                                Does anyone know if the backup of the z-wave network can easily be automated? I use blbackup but don't see an option for the z-wave network

Thanks very much for your help in getting this back up and running
                                zwolfpack posted a python script and instructions to automatically backup your Z-Net Z-Wave data. I use it to back up all of mine every morning at 3:00AM. It works great. I also run a batch file to delete backups after 2 weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1192731

Since these backups are stored in the HS directory structure, they are stored in a different location with my nightly HS backups.

EDIT: Here is the thread where the Z-Net backup script and instructions were posted.
                                Last edited by randy; October 18, 2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X