Devices not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices not working

I'm running HomeSeer on an RPi 3 with an Omni Pro II panel.

I got the plugin to connect and it imported my units devices, etc., fine.
    I could operate lights and thermostats via the web interface the HS Touch app and through Alexa with both HomeSeer Skills.

With those tests satisfactory I sat out to fine tune my device list.

I spent all day configuring my Omni devices. Renaming them in full English, giving them proper voice command names, etc.

None of my devices work now. I can't control them from the webpanel, Alexa, nothing.

I rebooted the RPi and the devices are still listed there, with my changes.

I stopped and restarted the Omni plugin.

It properly connects to the panel and imported the devices. But all of the devices and units are red in the Omni Plugin.

If I turn the check to green it creates a new device.

In the Device Management area that new device operates correctly, but the existing device, the one with the edited name does not. The Omni Q Code number info are different in both instances.

I can edit the new name to make it match the existing one and it still operates. I assume the Q info needs to be identical. I changed it and the old one still doesn't work.

So something caused the existing list to be unrecognized.

With all the work I put in today, I do not look forward to recreating every device from scratch.

Is there a way to reinitialize these devices without losing all of the customization?

Or is there a file on the RPi I can edit rather than going through the web interface?
    Last edited by Desert_AIP; December 6, 2017, 11:02 PM.

Update.

I changed ONE unit.
    I replaced it with a new iteration, and it seems to have reinitialized the entire group.

I am cautiously optimistic.

ETA
    Apparently I'm just impatient.
    After rebooting the RPi it takes several minutes to reconnect all devices from the Omni to Homeseer.

When I first go to the units section in the plugin, they're all off (red). If I wait a bit they start to turn on (green) one by one.
    Last edited by Desert_AIP; December 6, 2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X