Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light sensors scales

Hello,

It seems that since Beta 2.0.1.8, about light sensors, we got choice to see values from either Philips or "Lux".

But my devices are Aqara, and for example, 8451 in "Philips mode" gives me 5 LUX, which must be wrong as the sensor stands in daylight (inside home).

As I see also 5 into the deCONZ cluster value, I don't understand what's happening.

Could you help me ?

Thank you !

Michel

Michel,

I will have to adjust the lux setting to limit only to Philips devices apperantly.
    It seems Xiaomi is using their own scale then. It took me quite some searching and time to find out how to show lux values for the Philips motion sensor.

Will also search for the formula of the aqara modules, but I am not having much hope for finding that. For now you should only use the aqara values then.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hello Wim,

You mean that you need the max value given by Aqara light sensor ? Maybe I can test/try this.

And if any new brand pops up, wouldn't it be a good idea to allow Jowihue users simply encode somewhere into some field a value that would divide/multiply in order to fit Lux which is standard ?

Thank you,

Michel

Comment

Michel,

I mean I have to find the formula to get from the aqara values to the correct lux value. I doubt if Xiaomi will explain this publicly though. For now you will have to use the aqara values.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hello everyone... does this work now?
          I'm also using the Aqara body\motion sensor and the lux value is not correct at all...
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

The Aqara motion sensor lux value is now comparable to the reports of Philips. I don't know how exact the reported lux values are as I do not have another (trustworthy) lux measurer here to compare it to true values. But I do know that both Philips and Aqara can report strong differnt values if you move the sensor around in the house. I do not know what yu use to compare it with?
            -- Wim

Comment

Good to hear about that.
              I was confused because on my initial testing, the lux displayed seemed to be inverse of what’s happening in real world (goes down when it’s brighter)... it could’ve been timing difference\lag or because it needed time to stabilize after the initial setup.

I will try again later, cheers.
              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

You might want to set the "show lux" values on the configuration page when testing, it will then deliver a 'standard' value for all devices.
                -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

Comment

Working...
                  X