Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modbus help

Attached Files

Have you got IP or Serial connective to your HVAC system?

You're likely to need either an IP gateway or an RS485 cable between your system and your HS3 machine.

Once you have that in place it should be pretty easy to get modbus control up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Modbus

i have a rs-485 to ip converter.
      but i dont understand how im gonna do to read the different values

Comment

You would get your HVAC unit connected to the RS485 interface and then ensure the gateway has an IP address on your network.

Then install the plugin and create a Modbus IP gateway device with the IP address of your gateway.

Then add various register devices to that master using the plugin config page.

From the documentation you attached here's an example.

Add a "Holding Register" device with a "Int16" return type, slave address of 1 (unless you set the HVAC slave ID to something else) and register address of "1".

Ensure the device is enabled and not set to "read only" on the same config page.

Name the device "User Fan Speed"

No if you set the value of that device via a HS3 event, 0 = off, 4 = max it should change the AC fan speed of your HVAC unit.

The document you attached shows the 4 different register types (Coil, Holding Register, etc), you create corresponding device types using the plugin and use the associated register numbers (without the preceding (n)x portion).

The plugin has a 30 day trial so feel free to install it and give it a try.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a try,

Comment

Working...
          X