Best PBX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best PBX

Could someone recommend a good analog PBX phone sytem?

Thanks in advance!
    Jerry

The discussion came up on Cocoontech and pointed to a Panasonic hybrid pbx.

Current Thinking for Whole House Paging

User posted that he is using a Panasonic KX-TA824.

See a new one on Ebay for $179 -
    eBay item number:171902056762

Panasonic BTS KX-TA824 Advanced Hybrid Telephone System

KX-TA824 Features:

KX-TA824 System
    Built-In 3 CO Lines and 8 User Extensions
    1 Caller ID Expansion Card (KX-TA82493)
    For First 3 CO Lines ONLY
    PC Configuration Software
    Advanced Hybrid Telephone / Intercom System
    Expandable Up To 8 CO Lines / 24 Stations
    Add 8 Stations (KX-TA82470)
    Add 2 CO Lines / 8 Stations (KX-TA82481)
    Add 3 CO Lines / 8 Stations (KX-TA82483)
    Single Line Device Integration*
    Connect Any Single Line Device (Answering Machines / Cordless Phones / Fax Machines / Modems)
    *Requires No Additional Cards / Modules
    Configure System through Phone* or PC (USB)
    Network Camera Compatible
    Voicemail Service Compatible
    100 Station Speed Dial
    Intercom / Paging
    Call Forward
    3-Way Conferencing
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I love my KX-TA824

Ed t.
      tenholde

Comment

Any Asterisk derivative

Running FreePBX and a bunch on old Cisco 7975's for handsets, but you can use any 7900 series phone, or for that matter any sip phone on the planet Super cheap and works like a champ! Google voice for my PSTN connectivity and a couple of linksys ATA's for FAX and POTS lines. Open source and free

Comment

I agree with the FreePBX option if you have some old pc's around, or you could probably even run it on the same PC as Homeseer assuming that is what you have Homeseer running on.

If not then I think the best out of the box experience would be a Grandstream UCM6202 IP PBX Box, which I happen to own. Hard to beat them for price/performance.

Comment

I have run freepbx/ pbx in a flash on a Linux vm under the same host I run homeseer. Have had it going for about 5 years with pretty great success. My whole house is ip phones and I am using 6 lines of google voice as my primary lines with some pay as you go sip providers as a backup. So essentially except for the ip phones it has all been free.

I intergrate with homeseer via the sip plugin and also a custom xml web service I wrote. I have been very happy with it. Both my wife and I work from home full time and spend most of the days on conference calls and the calls have been reliable and clear.

Comment

Analog switch

Analog PBX can't beat Panasonic. Don't be tempted by Norstar, had one changed it for KX-TD1232 Norstar don't play with HS at all well.

A VoIP solution is good if you know what you are at, if not stick with the above and you won't regret it. Put some surge protection in as Panasonic do cook PSU's probably there worst point!

Hope this helps. That be 30 years worth of PBX experience in two lines!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy70_99 View Post
                I have run freepbx/ pbx in a flash on a Linux vm under the same host I run homeseer. Have had it going for about 5 years with pretty great success. My whole house is ip phones and I am using 6 lines of google voice as my primary lines with some pay as you go sip providers as a backup. So essentially except for the ip phones it has all been free.

I intergrate with homeseer via the sip plugin and also a custom xml web service I wrote. I have been very happy with it. Both my wife and I work from home full time and spend most of the days on conference calls and the calls have been reliable and clear.
                JB what sip plugin for Homeseer are you referring too?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
                  Could someone recommend a good analog PBX phone sytem?

Thanks in advance!
                  Jerry
                  I have a Panasonic KX-TA824 fully loaded that we just removed from service because we needed more than 24 extensions. Worked great. Used mostly plain analog phones, but it also supports hybrid proprietary digital phones.

Will let it go for a little over shipping costs. Make an offer. Anything over shipping will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (Gateway Chapter).

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

@Ed,

If Jerry doesn't want the KX-TA824 I'll take it
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      @Ed,

If Jerry doesn't want the KX-TA824 I'll take it
                      Like Pete needs another project. :-)
                      Don

Comment

Working...
                      X