This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Leak Sensor 2852

I see where the leak detector sets up as two devices. one the status (Wet/Dry) and one is a "heartbeat".

There is nothing about the "hearbeat" in the Insteon manual .. so if anyone can help re the following:
    - how often is the heartbeat active (seconds/minutes/hours ??)
    - what are the various status of the "heartbeat"
    - what do the various statuses mean

Re the other device status .. I assume that if the value is "Dry" then this is equivalent to "OFF" .. and if it is "Wet" .. then the status is "ON"

Comments please .....

Don

don,

the heart beat goes on and off about every 24 hrs. if you don't get a beat after after 25 hrs, you may need to replace the battery. create an event for this

the device values are avail on the advanced tab of each device from the hs dev mgmt page

if water is sensed, it will switch to Wet and stay there until you press the btn on the device to turn it off.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks Mark ..

Comment

More re the Leak Sensor ..

I now see that there is a "Status" and a "Value".

The "Status seems to be an numeric. All I see is that "3" seems to indicate "OFF" .. does it have other values?

The "Value" seems to be numeric as well with "0" equating to "Dry" .. can I assume that "1" equates to "Wet" . .or is it something else?

Re the Heartbeat ..... when this event occurs, is it the "Status" or the "Value" that changes and when it changes, what does it change "from" what "to" what?

tanx.. Don
        Last edited by djbeam; November 1, 2015, 10:12 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

two events with different triggers, with any action you want

1) IF Insteon Kitchen Water Sensor - Heartbeat has been Off for exactly 1d, 1h, 0m, 0s

2) IF Insteon Kitchen Water Sensor - Leak Sensor changes and becomes Wet

hope this helps.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi,

I just received one of these. 2852-222 (1217 REV2.6). Curious if there are any programmable settings for this device like some of the other battery operated devices.

Set heartbeat interval?

Is there really no Low Battery device or Battery Level device? Not a huge fan of waiting for a failed heartbeat. The first signal that fails could be the Wet signal, no?

Any chance there is a parameter to automatically send an Off/Dry signal a certain period of time after the contacts are dry?

Thanks!
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              Hi,

I just received one of these. 2852-222 (1217 REV2.6). Curious if there are any programmable settings for this device like some of the other battery operated devices.

Set heartbeat interval?

Is there really no Low Battery device or Battery Level device? Not a huge fan of waiting for a failed heartbeat. The first signal that fails could be the Wet signal, no?

Any chance there is a parameter to automatically send an Off/Dry signal a certain period of time after the contacts are dry?

Thanks!
              Nothing fancy with the leak sensor. you have to rely on the heartbeat

Also, you have to manually press the set btn to return the sensor to Dry; this is by design
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the info! ...even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear ;-)
                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                X