No Alerts Being Displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Alerts Being Displayed

I am having some problems getting Alerts to show up correctly in Weather XML. I used the following string for the Alert URL:

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.php?x=0

(If you try to go to it in a browser it actually forwards to the https:// site instead)

I made sure that all Alert Settings were set to everything checked. It must be making some kind of connection because the Alert Areas populated with the counties that are currently under alert, but the Users Alert pages always just shows No Alerts Currently.

The alert schedule is enabled and appears to be firing correctly.

Once the alerts are working, then you need to setup some triggers. As the alerts match a trigger they will be displayed.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I have tried to set up triggers, but I have never been able to get anything to show - even the test. I use Pushover, but the test is never received.

Active always shows No - and I cannot change it.

I haven't had any success getting Maps to work, either.
      Attached Files

Comment

I upgraded to 3.0.0.80, and now I am receiving alerts. I think this is due to the fact that I was finally able to change the Active field to Yes and it saved after the update.

Still need to refine my triggers since I am getting everything statewide, but at least it looks like it is working now.

Comment

Still no luck getting Pushover to report, however, and I cannot get a test to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
            Still no luck getting Pushover to report, however, and I cannot get a test to fire.
            I noticed this in the logs this morning when I tried to run the test from the trigger I created:

Feb-18 07:44:21 weatherXML Error Trigger test failed due to no script or speak/email message text setup

What would I use for a script to support Pushover?

Comment

When you edit a trigger do you have this section at the bottom of the page? (See image below)

If not then go to weatherxml admin page by clicking on the menu button labeled Plugins.
              You should see a message that Pushover is "Available in Alert Triggers".
              If you don't have that message click the button Check Plugins.

If you do, then go to the Alert triggers and make sure that you have some text in the Message textarea in the Pushover section. When you type the text you must click the Save Changes button. Now try the test.
              Attached Files
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes - I have that section and everything was filled out as shown and saved. I have five triggers set up for various keywords, and they appear to be working because they show the appropriate alerts in the Alert section.

Still not getting anything from Pushover on any test or alert. Pushover is working for all other applications and messages from HomeSeer.

Comment

I'll have to check and see if something has changed since I added the PushOver option.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                    I'll have to check and see if something has changed since I added the PushOver option.
                    OK, thanks.

Comment

I missed that a new option was added to the PushOver values in January.
                      I will add the extra value to my code that sends the alert info to PushOver. I will post the fix this evening.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Version .83 is in the beta section of the updater.
                        Pushover integration is working again.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks CF! I will download the new version and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X