Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in helping with or owning the plugin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in helping with or owning the plugin?

I've been working on the plug in off and on for the last several months and cannot get the time to get a shippable version out to the group. Honestly I feel bad about this, and so if you are interested in helping me out or taking on the plug-in all together please PM me. It is a very simple VB application currently setup to compile in visual studio.

Thanks,
    Jeff

The RFID hardware is already supported with xapmcsRFID and BLRFID. What would distinguish one piece of software from the next is the signal processing algorithm that is provided. Unless one want to go down the road of doing a set of experiements to collect data and analyze it and develop a new signal processing algorithm then there really should not be much need for more software to support this hardware. When I added the signal strength to xapmcsRFID I did not try to integrate it with the previously developed Figure Of Merit algorithm as I did not want to do the analysis. I simply let the user select Signal Strength or Figure Of Merit as the basis of decisions.

Comment

Mike,
      I apologize for silly question, but what is the "Figure Of Merit"?
      I'll have try to convince you know who to add the Signal Strength into his plugin...

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
        Mike,
        I apologize for silly question, but what is the "Figure Of Merit"?
        I'll have try to convince you know who to add the Signal Strength into his plugin...
        "a numerical quantity based on one or more characteristics of a system or device that represents a measure of efficiency or effectiveness"
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Associated with receiver are tuning parameters that allow a user to tweak the signal processing on a responsiveness vs. certainty scale. The Figure of Merit is the current value of the "in range/out of range" certainty. xapmcsRFID is designed to support multiple receivers. The FOM for multiple receivers becomes the composite for the collection of receivers. When the FOM reaches a hysteresis threshold the Present/Not Present status will change. With this architecture the HS DeviceStatuses can track at an individual receiver and at the composite set of receivers.

Comment

Wow, all of that is way to technical for me. OK, I am not an expert on any or all 3 of these plugins. The nice thing about CheaperRFID is it's in the updater...easy access. One option might be to release the code and let it be open source or just leave it as is. What exactly are you changing?

Comment

Todd, I knew the definition, I was asking what it means toward to the Cheaper RFID devices...

Mike, thanks for the info. I might take a look at your plugin if you support the feature. The worse part willl be to get some new devices...

Comment

Recognize that this is an xAP application that integrates with Homeseer via IP messages and the HS plugin that recognizes these messages is mcsXap. You can run it standalone to evaluate your RFID tags as it has its own browser interface for setup and status, but HS will not see anything unless you make it xAP enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  Recognize that this is an xAP application that integrates with Homeseer via IP messages and the HS plugin that recognizes these messages is mcsXap. You can run it standalone to evaluate your RFID tags as it has its own browser interface for setup and status, but HS will not see anything unless you make it xAP enabled.
                  Hmmm, I've never tried your xAP apps, but read some stuff about them. I might take a closer look. I know that your plugins and scripts are really good, not to mention the support. Got a quite full plate right now, but will see in a few weeks.
                  Cheers
                  Marty

Comment

Well it looks like Jeff's thread was effectively derailed right off the bat.
                    Personally, I'd just as soon stick with the Cheaper Plugin (The devil I know..), and hope development can continue one way or another.
                    I have no real need for XAP and in fact, my brief foray into it was less than successful so i have no plans to try again in the near future.
                    Failing this, I'm left with the 'unspeakable' option.
                    Last edited by Wadenut; September 19, 2009, 05:09 AM.
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I use the 'unspeakable' option, and I think it is the best of the three, at least with a single receiver. (I also had trouble getting the xAP plug-in to work, but with only one receiver I also had difficulty getting the xAP algorithm to get "in register" with the broadcast signal. As a consequence, it rejected most of the received signals because it interpreted them to be only fragments.)
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I too use the 'other' one and am very happy with it.

Would buy the new equipment too, if the signal strength option was added to it.
                        Bryan
                        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Bryan, join me in my post on the other board.

Comment

Working...
                          X