Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public folder?

Hi Spud,

I'm wondering why we need to put text files in the public folder? Its not something I want to do, and it seems that IFTTT can access non-public folders just fine, and so can dropbox. In your user guide you say it is an IFTTT limitation--but I accidently set it to a non-public folder and it reliable wrote files to that folder just fine.

Is it still true that we need to use the public folder?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

you're right, it seems that IFTTT can write files anywhere in your dropbox, but according to the list of triggers (https://ifttt.com/dropbox) it can only read from Public folder.

so, I can probably remove this limitation but only for one way, i.e. IFTTT trigger => HS Action

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      you're right, it seems that IFTTT can write files anywhere in your dropbox, but according to the list of triggers (https://ifttt.com/dropbox) it can only read from Public folder.

so, I can probably remove this limitation but only for one way, i.e. IFTTT trigger => HS Action
      That's great! Most of my triggers go that way.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I had another look at this, and I realized it's already possible to use a non public folder for IFTTT trigger => HS Action, right?
        From a HS event, if you choose IFTTT trigger you can specify any folder you want.

I thought I had something to fix in the plugin but I now think everything is ok, right?

Comment

Working...
        X