HDMI Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI Switching

I have more inputs than my TV supports and would like to add a video switcher that is IR controllable. I've bought one from Amazon and it didn't work so I figured I'd ask. At any rate has anybody successfully gotten an IR switcher working with Homeseer?

The ones I see from china start at 30 bucks. I'd like it to support 4k though that isn't a hard requirement.

For what it is worth I have a Global Cache Itach that I use to control my TV inputs via Alexa and it works very well. All of my kids now forgo finding a remote and just ask Alexa to do Wii or Xbox and they are up and running.

Which one did you try?
    This one looks like it will do what you want. Claims to support 4K, HDR, and HDCP 2.2. I suspect you'll end up being the guinea pig, though.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I used this Belkin one with my Global Cache stuff for about a year before I got a Denon. Just run all my video through that now. It worked flawlessly.

Comment

I used this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which looks quite a bit like the one you found. I think it is pretty hit and miss with these low cost chinese electronics.

Comment

My Denon's maxed out, I had to get a switcher. I'm using a Kinivo 3 port controlled by Global Cache. I originally paid 100 bucks for a rocketfish from best buy which had hdmi negotiating issues. This Kinivo works like a champ. It's not 4k, and doesn't do PIP.

Comment

I have this one and it works great. It does 4K and PIP.

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-PIP-Swit...ds=hdmi+switch

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I have this one and it works great. It does 4K and PIP.

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-PIP-Swit...ds=hdmi+switch
              OK I'm going to try this one because it handles and xbox one and you can turn off auto switching. I assume you were able to learn the IR codes?

Comment

Originally posted by hucker233 View Post
                OK I'm going to try this one because it handles and xbox one and you can turn off auto switching. I assume you were able to learn the IR codes?
                Unfortunately I did not try to learn the codes. I just use it as is. I would assume they are just like the other remotes but cannot verify that.

Comment

Not seeing Dotstone in the GC Database. My database could be a little dated though.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                    Not seeing Dotstone in the GC Database. My database could be a little dated though.
                    Unfortunately it is not in the database. It does work very well though in that the remote works in a rather tight environment, auto-switch can be disabled and it appears to work with firestick and xbox-one.

I am trying to get this the IR learned this weekend so it can all be handled via Homeseer/Alexa. Will report back.

Comment

No luck thus far on learning IR codes. The itach just sits there. I have yet to see it learn a single command from the switcher remote (though it did learn the TV codes). I got lucky on the TV I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X