X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting from ISY to only PLM - using Marks plugin

@Mark
    I'm considering moving away from my ISY (currently using Bob's plugin) to directly connecting my PLM to my Win10 PC.

Is there an easy way to convert to use your plugin so I don't have to re-do all my 40+ switches/dimmer devices, and associated event, in HS3?

If not currently, would you be able to make a migration method for this?

thx

A migration method will take a lot of work. I don't know anything about Bob's plugin and how he manages his hs devices, creates insteon links, his event actions, and triggers, etc. And i would have no way to test this. I don't see this happening in the future.

the easiest most straight forward method is to run both plugins while you register devices in my plugin and update events as you go. You will just need to move the cable from the isy to plm to the pc while you use my plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      A migration method will take a lot of work. I don't know anything about Bob's plugin and how he manages his hs devices, creates insteon links, his event actions, and triggers, etc. And i would have no way to test this. I don't see this happening in the future.

the easiest most straight forward method is to run both plugins while you register devices in my plugin and update events as you go. You will just need to move the cable from the isy to plm to the pc while you use my plugin.
      I was thinking something like this...

1. Update (manually or via script) the existing devices with the information your plugin puts into HS devices.

2. Import newly modified (existing) devices into your plugin database. If you are keeping a separate one?

Then, once I turned off Bob's plugin and turned on yours, your plugin would take over.

I assumed that HS3 events were just pointing to the HS3 device and didn't have anything specific to the plugin?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Ltek; March 16, 2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        I was thinking something like this...

1. Update (manually or via script) the existing devices with the information your plugin puts into HS devices.

2. Import newly modified (existing) devices into your plugin database. If you are keeping a separate one?

Then, once I turned off Bob's plugin and turned on yours, your plugin would take over.

I assumed that HS3 events were just pointing to the HS3 device and didn't have anything specific to the plugin?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        i appreciate your thoughts, but this is just not as easy as it sounds.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X