X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 'Do not log commands from this device' -vs- Insteon logging

Mark,

I have Insteon logging at 'normal'. I wanted to restrict some logging from MS devices, so I set the HS3 corresponding 'Heartbeat' and 'Occupancy sensor' sub-devices to 'Do not log commands from this device'. It seems that this last specification is respected for the 'Occupancy sensor' sub-device, but ignored for the 'Heartbeat' sub-device. Is this to be expected?

Claude,

i'll have to check the code. i thought i checked that hs option for every single device before logging a message from that device.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you post a sample of the Received message you are trying to avoid logging from each sub-device
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Heartbeat:
        Mar-18 14:19:06 Insteon Device Motion sensor [2:Cuisine] MS2 (41.5C.CC) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=22.3333333333333, Light=74

Comment

this is a plugin message not the actual Received message. The hs option only controls the original msg from the device which is raw the insteon message.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Understood. I seem to remember we had a discussion on Insteon logging, but can't retrace it. Is there any 'easy' way to implement a logging toggle for Insteon plugin generated messages on a per device basis, similar to what HS is doing?

Comment

i can't easily implement this across every device the plugin supports.

i will try this for the new MSii and let you test.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                i can't easily implement this across every device the plugin supports.

i will try this for the new MSii and let you test.
                Great place to start, thanks.

Comment

I'm setting this up so it only affects Normal logging. that is, if you have the plugin set to debug or detailed logging, you will get those log msgs regardless of the hs setting for those devices.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    I'm setting this up so it only affects Normal logging. that is, if you have the plugin set to debug or detailed logging, you will get those log msgs regardless of the hs setting for those devices.
                    Totally makes sense.

Comment

I just posted 3.0.6.31 in the beta section. It addresses the logging issue you mentioned. please test and report back when you can.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Does the job so far. Thanks Mark.

Comment

Working...
                        X