Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Beta Version For Testing (Refreshed to 0.0.2.13)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beta Version For Testing (Refreshed to 0.0.2.13)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Oman; October 14, 2006, 05:16 PM. Reason: Update
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Replace PLC

How is SH replacing the PLCs , Can we get a RMA online or Do we have to call them ???

DEM

Comment

Ramp Rates not working

First, let me say that I DO have a v2.12 PLC and I need to get it replaced -- like the other person above, if there is something that we do to initiate this correct with SmartHome, all the better to get this replaced...

Second, I'm thrilled the plug-in now works with IE7 (thank you!).

Third, the real meat of what my problem is...so I applied the updates as directed, and all appears well -- things are working okay with the exception that I can't program the ramp rates. Although the ini file states I have an 80% ramp, the data coming back to HS under the specific Manage Device settings page continues to report 100%. I deleted the links to the group that specifies this ramp rate in the specific device, forced a reprogram and it still does the same thing.

I have no idea what's up, but my ramps work working before I applied the latest up. Maybe I've missed a step -- let me know.

The links reports as follow for Device 24 (see below):

Link# 1 - Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link# 2 - Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 1) Group #3 'Cinema Cinema Lighting' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate 100%
      Link# 3 - Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link# 4 - Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 254) HomeSeer 'All Devices Group'

The group settings in the INI file are as follows:

[Group 3]
      GroupName=Cinema Lighting
      GroupLocation=Cinema
      GroupNum=1
      NumParticipants=3
      Participants=00.0D.9A:1,100,80,01.2E.3F:1,100,80,00.0D.BF:1,100,80

Here are the device that are part of the group in the INI file:

[Device 1]
      DeviceID=00.0D.9A
      DeviceName=Wall Sconces*
      DeviceLocation=Cinema
      PollingInterval=5
      DeviceType=0101
      FirmwareVer=22
      DatabaseDelta=49
      EEValues=DefaultOnLevel=254,ResumeDim=128
      LastContact=9/24/2006 12:39:16 PM
      RecentDatabaseDelta=49
      NumLinks=3
      Link 1=E2 01 00 D5 77 FE 1F 00 1
      Link 2=A2 FE 00 D5 77 FE 1F 00 2
      Link 3=A2 01 00 D5 77 FE 19 01 3
      LinksDownloaded=True
      Link 4=EOL
      Link 5=EOL
      [Device 3]
      DeviceID=01.2E.3F
      DeviceName=Step Lights*
      DeviceLocation=Cinema
      PollingInterval=5
      DeviceType=0100
      FirmwareVer=24
      DatabaseDelta=80
      EEValues=DefaultOnLevel=127,ResumeDim=168
      LastContact=9/24/2006 4:40:27 PM
      RecentDatabaseDelta=80
      NumLinks=2
      Link 1=A2 FE 00 D5 77 FE 1F 00 1
      Link 2=A2 01 00 D5 77 FE 19 01 2
      Link 3=A2 0B 00 D5 77 FE 1A 01 3
      Link 4=A2 0B 00 D5 77 FE 1A 00
      LinksDownloaded=True
      [Device 24]
      DeviceID=00.0D.BF
      DeviceName=Spots
      DeviceLocation=Cinema
      PollingInterval=0
      DeviceType=0101
      FirmwareVer=22
      DatabaseDelta=66
      EEValues=DefaultOnLevel=254,ResumeDim=128
      LastContact=9/24/2006 12:39:17 PM
      NumLinks=4
      Link 1=E2 01 00 D5 77 00 00 00 1
      Link 2=A2 01 00 D5 77 FE 19 01 2
      Link 3=E2 01 00 D5 77 FE 1F 01 4
      RecentDatabaseDelta=66
      Link 4=A2 FE 00 D5 77 FE 1F 00 3
      LinksDownloaded=True
      Link 5=E2 01 00 D5 77 FE 1F 01 5

Comment

I noticed the same issue during testing and sent Jon a note about it. However, in my case, while the ramp rates are listed wrong in the devices link list, they are actually performing correctly when used. So it appears to me to be just a display issue. How about yours?

Jim H.

Comment

The link display is wrong, but the links are programming correctly. They should be working assuming the device in question supports ramp rates. I did not disable ramp setting for devices that "don't support it" because the list of devices that do/don't support it kept changing. From what I hear some Icons do and some don't.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
          I noticed the same issue during testing and sent Jon a note about it. However, in my case, while the ramp rates are listed wrong in the devices link list, they are actually performing correctly when used. So it appears to me to be just a display issue. How about yours?

Jim H.
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

So can I assume, Jon, that we will be seeing at least one more build that will address this ramp rate link display issue and the group delete issue (with ini corruption) before tossing this into the updater? Are their any other issues that you yourself have uncovered at this stage? Mine seems to be working very well.

Comment

The group delete and link display problems are both fixed in the current version of the source. I also added some code to "fix" the corrupted group records upon load so that they should self-heal.

I'm waiting to see if there are any other issues before I post a new build. I might do a refresh here first.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
              So can I assume, Jon, that we will be seeing at least one more build that will address this ramp rate link display issue and the group delete issue (with ini corruption) before tossing this into the updater? Are their any other issues that you yourself have uncovered at this stage? Mine seems to be working very well.
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Really, after all, I have already replaced it once...

Originally posted by dem5867
                How is SH replacing the PLCs , Can we get a RMA online or Do we have to call them ???

DEM
                Not a thread hijack, I promise, but this is how SmartLabs is dooming Insteon to "could have been"....

I already RMA'ed my original PLC (2.09 if I recall correctly) months ago. Now you say I have to RMA the replacement!?!?!?!

And unless I have missed something, I will undoubtedly have to RMA this new one as well.

My home is filled with "flawed" switches that will also be RMA'ed at least once. Heck, I have a half dozen "recalled" ApplianceLincs I haven't gotten around, too. At least now, I can combine the shipping on everything...before we're done, I will have spent more in shipping than I did on the parts...

Back on point, the last time I RMA'ed my PLC, they wanted me to send in the unit, and do without one for however many weeks it would take for them to examine and replace...basically they forced me to BUY a new one and wait for the credit on the old one unless I was willing to, you know, shut down my house for a month or two.

Have they at least setup an advance replacement service to ease the pain?

Comment

Originally posted by eufreka
                  Not a thread hijack, I promise, but this is how SmartLabs is dooming Insteon to "could have been"....

I already RMA'ed my original PLC (2.09 if I recall correctly) months ago. Now you say I have to RMA the replacement!?!?!?!

And unless I have missed something, I will undoubtedly have to RMA this new one as well.

My home is filled with "flawed" switches that will also be RMA'ed at least once. Heck, I have a half dozen "recalled" ApplianceLincs I haven't gotten around, too. At least now, I can combine the shipping on everything...before we're done, I will have spent more in shipping than I did on the parts...

Back on point, the last time I RMA'ed my PLC, they wanted me to send in the unit, and do without one for however many weeks it would take for them to examine and replace...basically they forced me to BUY a new one and wait for the credit on the old one unless I was willing to, you know, shut down my house for a month or two.

Have they at least setup an advance replacement service to ease the pain?
                  This is the price we pay as an early adopter of a new protocol and beta software. I believe SmartHome will eventually get it right but their beta test group is getting a bit tired of the constant changes and add to this the fact that they didn't let us know we were beta testers and it does get tiring.
                  Last edited by Rupp; September 25, 2006, 07:16 AM.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If the PLC you have is reporting firmware 2.12 or older then yes, another RMA is needed for the best reliability. If the firmware could be user upgraded we would not be going through this.

As for the devices it does seem like 2 years is an aweful long time to still be having these problems. I suppose they could be saying "tough-you bought them you keep them"

Jon

Originally posted by Rupp
                    This is the price we pay as an early adopter of a new protocol and beta software. I believe SmartHome will eventually get it right but their beta test group is getting a bit tired of the constant changes and add to this the fact that they didn't let us know we were beta testers and it does get tiring.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                      Well, the board is active and I have found the link to the PLC replacement form. It does include a "cross ship" option, so I guess they have at least figured that out.

If it's a question of early adopter/beta tester, then they should formalize the program and offer us some incentives to make repeated switch replacement seem like a benefit instead of a punishment.

Comment

I have to admit, we made it clear that the software was beta. I didn't see anything about beta hardware ;{

Jon

Originally posted by eufreka
                        Well, the board is active and I have found the link to the PLC replacement form. It does include a "cross ship" option, so I guess they have at least figured that out.

If it's a question of early adopter/beta tester, then they should formalize the program and offer us some incentives to make repeated switch replacement seem like a benefit instead of a punishment.
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks for the Beta

Jon,

I wanted to thank you for the new Beta it is woorking like a champ with over 80 devices 100%.

Jimd

Comment

New Beta Testing

Testing of new "Beta" Insteon plugin/SDM using HS 2.1.104.0

All I did was to "Poll Devices" under Status and got the following log error.

9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM Insteon ***:Error In PollDevice: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PollDevice(Int64 ref, String housecode, String devicecode)
                            9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM Insteon Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

Here is the actual Insteon error log.

9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM : ***:Error In PollDevice: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                            at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PollDevice(Int64 ref, String housecode, String devicecode)
                            --------*End Pre-Error Log*--------------
                            --------*Start C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
                            [Config]
                            GroupBaseCode=[
                            NumDevices= 1
                            DeviceBaseCode=[
                            DetailedLog= 0
                            [Device 1]
                            DeviceID=00.66.91
                            DeviceName=Insteon LampLinc Loff Lamp 1
                            DeviceLocation=House
                            PollingInterval=0
                            DeviceType=0100
                            FirmwareVer=24
                            DatabaseDelta=0
                            EEValues=DefaultOnLevel=255,ResumeDim=170
                            LastContact=9/25/2006 3:07:21 PM
                            NumLinks=2
                            Link 1=A2 01 00 D3 C5 FE 1F 00 1
                            Link 2=A2 FE 00 D3 C5 FE 1F 00 2
                            RecentDatabaseDelta=0
                            LinksDownloaded=True
                            --------*End C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------

Comment

Somehow you managed to get the device and group house codes to be the same. Maybe you tried to delete the all devices including the global group?

In any event just edit your INI and delete the group house code entry so that the plug-in gets a new one.

Jon

Originally posted by homeseergeek
                              Testing of new "Beta" Insteon plugin/SDM using HS 2.1.104.0

All I did was to "Poll Devices" under Status and got the following log error.

9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM Insteon ***:Error In PollDevice: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PollDevice(Int64 ref, String housecode, String devicecode)
                              9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM Insteon Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

Here is the actual Insteon error log.

9/25/2006 3:35:31 PM : ***:Error In PollDevice: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                              at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PollDevice(Int64 ref, String housecode, String devicecode)
                              --------*End Pre-Error Log*--------------
                              --------*Start C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
                              [Config]
                              GroupBaseCode=[
                              NumDevices= 1
                              DeviceBaseCode=[
                              DetailedLog= 0
                              [Device 1]
                              DeviceID=00.66.91
                              DeviceName=Insteon LampLinc Loff Lamp 1
                              DeviceLocation=House
                              PollingInterval=0
                              DeviceType=0100
                              FirmwareVer=24
                              DatabaseDelta=0
                              EEValues=DefaultOnLevel=255,ResumeDim=170
                              LastContact=9/25/2006 3:07:21 PM
                              NumLinks=2
                              Link 1=A2 01 00 D3 C5 FE 1F 00 1
                              Link 2=A2 FE 00 D3 C5 FE 1F 00 2
                              RecentDatabaseDelta=0
                              LinksDownloaded=True
                              --------*End C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X