X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

1) You edit device names through the plug-in
      2) I still don't have the proper info from SmartHome on that device.
      3) Likely you are not pressing "save" at the bottom of the page after disabling the X10 portion of the interface.

Jon

Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Jon,

I read on this thead http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116671 that the SDM should be at .289, I also downloaded and installed .278 from the updater.

There is another thead that I didn't save, that talks about renaming tap link installed devices, this first device was tap linked installed, could that be the problem with renaming the device, and having the name change back after restart? I'll find it again if you need me to, but thought that you would have an easier way to find it.

Save was pressed: the cut and paste of the interfaces was done after a restart.

Gary Morgan, CISSP

Comment

SDM version .278 is correct.

HomeSeer takes care of enabling and disabling the interfaces. The plug-in doesn't have any control. I could not quite decipher the screen grab so I could not tell what state it was in. You can rename the HSPI_INSTEON.DLL file to HSPI_INSTEON.DLL.NOT to keep it from loading. Then you can check to see if the other interface works properly.

Jon

Originally posted by Majkman
          Jon,

I read on this thead http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116671 that the SDM should be at .289, I also downloaded and installed .278 from the updater.

There is another thead that I didn't save, that talks about renaming tap link installed devices, this first device was tap linked installed, could that be the problem with renaming the device, and having the name change back after restart? I'll find it again if you need me to, but thought that you would have an easier way to find it.

Save was pressed: the cut and paste of the interfaces was done after a restart.

Gary Morgan, CISSP
          Last edited by Oman; November 11, 2006, 02:43 PM.
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon:

The Keypadlinc name editing issues that I encountered appear to be fixed in .216.

I identified another bug that might has been there for a while: The command drop down menu in the events action section provides only three options (ON, OFF, DIM) when switchlinc dimmers only are included in the list. If you add a switchlinc relay to the list then the drop down menu shows all the options (all units off .... decrement value). The only way I can set a value on a dimmer during an event is to include a relay that needs to be turned on.

Thanks Again.

Comment

The event choices are provided by HomeSeer. I'm not sure why HS is choosing to allow all those options on devices marked as non-dimmable. They are essentially useless. I'll post a note to Rich.

Jon

Originally posted by chamoun
              Jon:

The Keypadlinc name editing issues that I encountered appear to be fixed in .216.

I identified another bug that might has been there for a while: The command drop down menu in the events action section provides only three options (ON, OFF, DIM) when switchlinc dimmers only are included in the list. If you add a switchlinc relay to the list then the drop down menu shows all the options (all units off .... decrement value). The only way I can set a value on a dimmer during an event is to include a relay that needs to be turned on.

Thanks Again.
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I agree that the choices do not make sense however the bigger issue is making sure that these choices are available when dimmable devices are selected. The current behavior with non-dimmable devices provides a temporary work around until Homseer posts a fix.

Comment

Yes, I have noticed this as well. It has not really gotten in my way yet, but I'm glad someone brought it up.

Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by chamoun
                    ...I identified another bug that might has been there for a while: The command drop down menu in the events action section provides only three options (ON, OFF, DIM) when switchlinc dimmers only are included in the list...
                    I, too, have noticed this and hope it can be rectified in a future release. The same behavior happens when only LampLinc dimmers are in the list.

- Chris

Comment

insteon and 8 button keypadlinc

Did anyone ever solved the problem with 8 button keypadlinc panels showing up in HS as 6 button panels? I am running .16 of the plug in and I am still having the problem.

I did notice one thing that may help. If I cofigure my first keypadlinc as an 6 button pannel, HS configues it correctly every time. I then add a second keypadlinc as an 8 button panel and HS will configure it correctly. If I look in the insteon.ini file I will see that the first keypadlinc has

GroupLinkAddress 1= 1
                      GroupLinkAddress 2= 2
                      GroupLinkAddress 3= 3
                      GroupLinkAddress 4= 4
                      GroupLinkAddress 5= 5
                      GroupLinkAddress 6= 6

and the second has

GroupLinkAddress 1= 7
                      GroupLinkAddress 2= 8
                      GroupLinkAddress 3= 9
                      GroupLinkAddress 4= 10
                      GroupLinkAddress 5= 11
                      GroupLinkAddress 6= 12
                      GroupLinkAddress 7= 13
                      GroupLinkAddress 8= 14

But if I reconfigure the first keypadlinc to be 8 buttons and tell HS to reload the links and settings (or even if I delete the device from HS and re-add it), it stays with grouplinkaddress 1-6. It is as if 7 has been taken by the second keypadlinc, and it doesn't know to go up to 15 to assign a new one.

So it seems like the order that the keypadlincs are added and if they are 8 button when they are initially configured makes a difference.

Don't know if this is any help...

Comment

If you change a Keypadlinc faceplate you must delete the device completely and re-add it after you change the faceplate. Don't forget to factory reset the KPL and then follow the proper steps to tell it what faceplate it has installed.

The GroupLincAddress settings are a shared resource between all the devices. If you delete a device or group they go back into the pool. They get reassigned as needed.

Jon

Originally posted by bruce4609
                        Did anyone ever solved the problem with 8 button keypadlinc panels showing up in HS as 6 button panels? I am running .16 of the plug in and I am still having the problem.

I did notice one thing that may help. If I cofigure my first keypadlinc as an 6 button pannel, HS configues it correctly every time. I then add a second keypadlinc as an 8 button panel and HS will configure it correctly. If I look in the insteon.ini file I will see that the first keypadlinc has

GroupLinkAddress 1= 1
                        GroupLinkAddress 2= 2
                        GroupLinkAddress 3= 3
                        GroupLinkAddress 4= 4
                        GroupLinkAddress 5= 5
                        GroupLinkAddress 6= 6

and the second has

GroupLinkAddress 1= 7
                        GroupLinkAddress 2= 8
                        GroupLinkAddress 3= 9
                        GroupLinkAddress 4= 10
                        GroupLinkAddress 5= 11
                        GroupLinkAddress 6= 12
                        GroupLinkAddress 7= 13
                        GroupLinkAddress 8= 14

But if I reconfigure the first keypadlinc to be 8 buttons and tell HS to reload the links and settings (or even if I delete the device from HS and re-add it), it stays with grouplinkaddress 1-6. It is as if 7 has been taken by the second keypadlinc, and it doesn't know to go up to 15 to assign a new one.

So it seems like the order that the keypadlincs are added and if they are 8 button when they are initially configured makes a difference.

Don't know if this is any help...
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Problem with new PlugIn?

Ok, I really screwed the pooch this time. I managed to screw up the wiring on two ICON Wall switches in the Living Room and they burned out, literally burned on the inside of the case. Darn, three way circuits are confusing! Strangely enough, everything worked and I was able to program them and HS accepted it and everything worked perfectly. Then this morning, I found a tripped breaker and burned out switches.

Anyways, called an electrician to rewire that box, but in the meantime, I am having trouble communicating with the non-affected Insteon Units. One is in the garage which I tried reprogramming which appeared to work fine, but did not solve the problem. I then deleted and tried to reinstall the unit, but HS is not recognizing the Unit. See log below of when I did this.

Could this be a prblem with the Plug-In or perhaps other Insteion units were fried? Hard to believe since this one is 50' away from the burned out units...

--------------------
                          <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:35 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Did not get any device type broadcast for Insteon device 07.9F.8C</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:35 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/29/2006 7:48:21 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

The error is simply saying that you are trying to remove a delayed event for a device that no longer exists. Likely you have an event executing a remove delayed event command. It has nothing to do with the burned out switches other than the fact that their device addresses no longer exist.

Jon

Originally posted by RacerChris
                            Ok, I really screwed the pooch this time. I managed to screw up the wiring on two ICON Wall switches in the Living Room and they burned out, literally burned on the inside of the case. Darn, three way circuits are confusing! Strangely enough, everything worked and I was able to program them and HS accepted it and everything worked perfectly. Then this morning, I found a tripped breaker and burned out switches.

Anyways, called an electrician to rewire that box, but in the meantime, I am having trouble communicating with the non-affected Insteon Units. One is in the garage which I tried reprogramming which appeared to work fine, but did not solve the problem. I then deleted and tried to reinstall the unit, but HS is not recognizing the Unit. See log below of when I did this.

Could this be a prblem with the Plug-In or perhaps other Insteion units were fried? Hard to believe since this one is 50' away from the burned out units...

--------------------
                            <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:23 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:15 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:49:09 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:59 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:49 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:42 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:35 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Did not get any device type broadcast for Insteon device 07.9F.8C</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:35 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 5</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:33 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 4</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 3</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 2</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Error </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Device not found in device (remove delayed) action</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">11/29/2006 7:48:21 AM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Insteon </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'</td></tr></tbody></table>
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Opps... Here's more from earlier: Curiously, the Insteon Error Log is blank?

11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...
                              11/29/2006 7:48:31 AM Insteon Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 4
                              11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...
                              11/29/2006 7:48:28 AM Insteon Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 3
                              11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...
                              11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM Insteon Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 2
                              11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:48:25 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:48:21 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...
                              11/29/2006 7:48:21 AM Insteon Did not get response from PING to 07.9F.8C on try # 1
                              11/29/2006 7:48:18 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 07 9F 8C 05 10 00'...
                              11/29/2006 7:48:18 AM Insteon PingAndWaitForInsteonIDBroadcast for '07.9F.8C'
                              11/29/2006 7:48:17 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:48:17 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:48:17 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:48:17 AM Insteon Confirm Add Device Selected
                              11/29/2006 7:48:10 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:48:09 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:48:09 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:47:57 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:47:57 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:47:57 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:47:50 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:47:50 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:47:50 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:47:46 AM Insteon Manual Add Selected
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Error Device not found in device (remove delayed) action
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Info Event Trigger "Outside - Garage"
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM X10 Received D10 (Motion Outside RF Outside - Garage) D On
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Insteon Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Insteon ***:Error In TransmitMessage: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.TransmitMessage(TransmitMsgType Msg)
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Insteon Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Insteon ***:Error In TransmitMessage: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.TransmitMessage(TransmitMsgType Msg)
                              11/29/2006 7:47:41 AM Insteon ***:Error In TransmitMessage: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.TransmitMessage(TransmitMsgType

Comment

1 year and no progress with all the latest stuff.

I tried to install the SDM and the Beta insteon 2.16 plugin manually (without the updater) and HS failed to communicate with the PLC. I went back to a previous HSPI_Insteon.dll and it worked. Then I used the updater install for 2.16 and then HS could see the PLC. I followed all instructions for the manual install carefully, but it read the wrong PLC version ID in that case. I tried resetting the PLC etc. but to no avail until I used the updater. Not sure what happened.

Now I also failed to control my switches. I started with no ini file, so it was a clean config. I tap-linked 3 devices and it added them, reading the address info without any problem. Then I went to read link information and got:
                                Reading remote link database record for device ID 01.14.D1 record # 1, attempt # 2...
                                and finally failed. Here is my log file info:
                                12/6/2006 11:46:21 PM Updater Starting installation of updates
                                12/6/2006 11:46:21 PM Updater Applying update: BETA Insteon Plug-in
                                12/6/2006 11:46:30 PM Updater Deleting file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\Insteon Beta 3 notes.pdf
                                12/6/2006 11:46:30 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\Insteon RC2 notes.pdf
                                12/6/2006 11:46:35 PM Updater Package Install Message: Release notes for this plug-in have been copied to the HomeSeer DOCS directory (Insteon RC2 notes.pdf).
                                12/6/2006 11:46:52 PM Updater Package Install Message: The SmartHome Device Manager (SDM) is required to be installed. The setup program has been copied to the \BIN\Insteon directory of your system and the updater will run it now.
                                12/6/2006 11:46:53 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\BIN\Insteon\SetupSmarthomeDeviceManager3-278.exe
                                12/6/2006 11:46:53 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HSPI_INSTEON.dll
                                12/6/2006 11:46:53 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Interop.SDM3Server.dll
                                12/6/2006 11:46:53 PM Updater Executing installer and waiting for it to finish: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\updates2\BETA Insteon Plug-in0.0.2.16\SetupSmarthomeDeviceManager3-278.exe
                                12/6/2006 11:47:52 PM Updater Installation of updates completed
                                2/6/2006 11:47:54 PM Startup Checking for available plug-ins
                                12/6/2006 11:47:55 PM Info Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.1.0
                                12/6/2006 11:47:57 PM Info Found plug-in: HAI RC Thermostat, version: 1.0.16.0
                                12/6/2006 11:47:57 PM Info Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 0.0.2.16
                                12/6/2006 11:47:59 PM Info Found plug-in: MLHSPlugin, version: 1.1.0.90
                                12/6/2006 11:47:59 PM Info Found plug-in: Napco Gemini, version: 2.0.0.23
                                12/6/2006 11:48:00 PM Info Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7
                                12/6/2006 11:48:00 PM Info Found plug-in: SmartLinc Templinc, version: 2.0.0.1
                                12/6/2006 11:48:00 PM Info Found plug-in: Touchpad, version: 2.0.0.21
                                12/6/2006 11:48:04 PM Startup Restoring device status
                                12/6/2006 11:48:05 PM Startup Initializing Plug-Ins
                                12/6/2006 11:48:05 PM Info Initializing X10 Plug-in: Insteon On COM Port 1
                                12/6/2006 11:48:05 PM Info Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
                                12/6/2006 11:48:06 PM Insteon Connecting to SmartHome Device Manager (SDM) component...
                                12/6/2006 11:48:15 PM Insteon Insteon interface found containing firmware version 2.13 (Version 2 Revision 13)
                                12/6/2006 11:48:15 PM Info Finished initializing X10 interface Insteon
                                12/6/2006 11:48:16 PM Info Finished initializing infrared interface
                                12/6/2006 11:48:16 PM Info Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
                                12/6/2006 11:48:16 PM Info Finished initializing plug-in Insteon

For good measure I restarted HS again and could not read the devices. I also turned on detailed debug:

12/7/2006 12:32:15 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:18 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:21 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:24 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 01.15.9A after 5 tries, can't update the device status.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:28 AM Insteon Edit Device Selected
                                12/7/2006 12:32:28 AM Insteon Edit Insteon Device # 3 Addr: 01.15.9A, Name:Hall, Location:Attic
                                12/7/2006 12:32:31 AM Insteon Read Device Links and Settings Selected
                                12/7/2006 12:32:31 AM Insteon Launching new BackgroundUpdate Thread with job type 2...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:31 AM Insteon In BackgroundUpdate Thread...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:31 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory 01.15.9A:0032
                                12/7/2006 12:32:31 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory reset MSB for 01.15.9A: 00
                                12/7/2006 12:32:34 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #1 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:37 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #2 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:39 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:39 AM Insteon Timed poll for Insteon device ID 01.14.D1 Unit code 1, Last contact 12/7/2006 12:31:38 AM. Polling interval of 1 min. reached, polling...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:39 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:40 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #3 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:42 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:43 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:43 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #4 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:44 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:45 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:46 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:47 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #5 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:48 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #6 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon Could not get data from remote device, no ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon Could not retrieve remote special value DefaultOnLevel from Insteon device 01.15.9A location 0x32
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 01.15.9A record # 1...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory 01.15.9A:0FF8
                                12/7/2006 12:32:50 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory reset MSB for 01.15.9A: 0F
                                12/7/2006 12:32:51 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:52 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:53 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #1 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:55 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:55 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 01.14.D1 after 5 tries, can't update the device status.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:55 AM Insteon Timed poll for Insteon device ID 01.14.C6 Unit code 2, Last contact 12/7/2006 12:31:53 AM. Polling interval of 1 min. reached, polling...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:55 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:56 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #2 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:32:56 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:58 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:32:59 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:32:59 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #3 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:01 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:02 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #4 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:04 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:05 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:05 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #5 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:07 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:08 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #6 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon Could not get data from remote device, no ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon Failed to get remote link database record for Insteon device 01.15.9A record # 1.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 01.15.9A record # 1, attempt # 2...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory 01.15.9A:0FF8
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory reset MSB for 01.15.9A: 0F
                                12/7/2006 12:33:09 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:10 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 01.14.C6 after 5 tries, can't update the device status.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:10 AM Insteon Timed poll for Insteon device ID 01.15.9A Unit code 3, Last contact 12/7/2006 12:32:09 AM. Polling interval of 1 min. reached, polling...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:10 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:12 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #1 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:12 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:13 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:15 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #2 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:17 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:17 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:18 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #3 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:19 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:20 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:21 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #4 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:23 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 15 9A 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:24 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #5 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:26 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 01.15.9A after 5 tries, can't update the device status.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #6 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon Could not get data from remote device, no ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon Failed to get remote link database record for Insteon device 01.15.9A record # 1.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 01.15.9A record # 1, attempt # 3...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory 01.15.9A:0FF8
                                12/7/2006 12:33:27 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory reset MSB for 01.15.9A: 0F
                                12/7/2006 12:33:30 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #1 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:34 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #2 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:37 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #3 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:40 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #4 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:41 AM Insteon Timed poll for Insteon device ID 01.14.D1 Unit code 1, Last contact 12/7/2006 12:32:39 AM. Polling interval of 1 min. reached, polling...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:41 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:43 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #5 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:44 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #6 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon Could not get data from remote device, no ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon Failed to get remote link database record for Insteon device 01.15.9A record # 1.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 01.15.9A record # 1, attempt # 4...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory 01.15.9A:0FF8
                                12/7/2006 12:33:46 AM Insteon Optimized Peek Remote Memory reset MSB for 01.15.9A: 0F
                                12/7/2006 12:33:47 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:49 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #1 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:50 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:52 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #2 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:54 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 D1 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:56 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #3 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:33:57 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 192, 15, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Opened.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:57 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 01.14.D1 after 5 tries, can't update the device status.
                                12/7/2006 12:33:57 AM Insteon Timed poll for Insteon device ID 01.14.C6 Unit code 2, Last contact 12/7/2006 12:32:55 AM. Polling interval of 1 min. reached, polling...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:57 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:33:59 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #4 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:34:00 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:34:02 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #5 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:34:02 AM Napco Gemini Status event received: 194, 0, 5 (Attic Motion): Zone Closed.
                                12/7/2006 12:34:03 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:34:05 AM Insteon No ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A (Try #6 FAILED)
                                12/7/2006 12:34:05 AM Insteon Could not get data from remote device, no ACK for set MSB on remote peek to 01.15.9A
                                12/7/2006 12:34:05 AM Insteon Failed to get remote link database record for Insteon device 01.15.9A record # 1.
                                12/7/2006 12:34:05 AM Insteon The database record for Insteon device 01.15.9A record # 1 could not be read after several tries, aborting.
                                12/7/2006 12:34:05 AM Insteon BackgroundUpdate Thread Complete...
                                12/7/2006 12:34:06 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...
                                12/7/2006 12:34:09 AM Insteon Calling DM: 'SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 01 14 C6 00 19 00'...

So how can it read the device address and nothing else? Could this have something to do with the signallink RF install? I tried moving the signal links and reconnecting them, but that made no change. To be clear, the tap-link works and works really fast. I just can't control any devices or retrieve link tables.
                                Last edited by ; December 7, 2006, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X