This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,
    On your examples you just posted, do you have links between the different kpl btns? if so, they should take care of turning on/off the other kpl btns.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      First of all, thank you very much for adding this feature to the plugin, it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure it is the new feature that is not working, but when I select the Kitchen light from HS both Button B (Garage Door) and C go on on the same time. The garage door is also not working via the HS, it will not open or close the garage. (Not sure I have set it properly via HS) I remember trying to change the KPL from 6 to 8 and back, may this have affected the KPL? Perphas this is a different topic, but when I try to program the Kitchen Island Light 14.D6.78, it will not be able to program it, I get an error "This device needs to have its exsisting links read before programming. The link table cound not be read.

Again, your help is very much appreciated.
      Aldo
      Aldo,

lots of issues here...

regarding device 14.D6.78: shutdown hs, change the protocol=1 for this device in the ini and restart hs and see if you can read the links.

i would suggest not using the new 'sync linked devices' until you get everything working first.

i'll need more info about your garage door, but lets start a new thread on this issue and the others and leave this thread to the new 'sync' issue
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes, in the first case i entered the cross links following this pattern:

KPL1 -> light
        KPL2 -> light
        KPL1 -> KPL2

with cross link enabled. just to be sure, i deleted them all and redid them with the same result

the second one, a 4-way, i did the same thing but for all combinations.

the strangest thing is that i'd swear when i did this for the very first time, it worked correctly. after entering syncs for other buttons on the KPLs, it stopped.

here is the log segment after re-entering the 3-way above and manually activating one of the KPLs

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Received ^68 (Kitchen Button 2A - Kitchen Flour) Go ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 38 15.07.CB is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 1) sending cmd 11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^68. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Checking for keypadlinc button sync on device 15.07.CB src index 1, SrcIsSyncTarget=True...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>ProcessGroupBroadcast: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:08.84.AC link record # 4 target channel 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Setting status and value for device ^49. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/10/2010 9:32:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 15 07 CB 13 AC A9 41 11 01 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[15.07.CB] Dst[13.AC.A9] {Grp Cln} Cmd1: Go ON Cmd2: 01</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

>>regarding device 14.D6.78: shutdown hs, change the protocol=1 for >>this device in the ini and restart hs and see if you can read the links.
          Fantastic, it fixed the issue with this device. Thank you. I will create another Thread for the garage door.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
            yes, in the first case i entered the cross links following this pattern:

KPL1 -> light
            KPL2 -> light
            KPL1 -> KPL2

with cross link enabled. just to be sure, i deleted them all and redid them with the same result

the second one, a 4-way, i did the same thing but for all combinations.

the strangest thing is that i'd swear when i did this for the very first time, it worked correctly. after entering syncs for other buttons on the KPLs, it stopped.
            Steve, hs aside, are your 3-way and 4-way linked devices working as you expected? it sounds like they aren't.

maybe you should try linking them manually
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

some good news. i reprogrammed the 3way from scratch again, using the cross link options. all is working correctly right now both manually and HS !

don't honestly know why or what i did differently, but this is working.

i'll check out some other 3ways and then try the 4way again

thanks once again for your help

sjw

Comment

one footnote. i realized the reason that my 3way using an InLinelinc doesn't work may be that there is no sync link device option for that device

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
                  one footnote. i realized the reason that my 3way using an InLinelinc doesn't work may be that there is no sync link device option for that device
                  What is the devicetype for the InLinelinc you mentioned? i'll check the config.

devices must be able to control other devices (and respond) for the 'sync' option to show up. so in this case if you turn On the inlinelinc directly from hs, there are no links from the inlinelinc to the other devices for the plugin to follow.

we may have to define a special case to handle this situation
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

it's the wired-in version of the applicance module. 2475S2.

the plug-in shows it as:

Device Type: In-LineLinc Relay
                    Firmware Version: 2C

i think it's a switchlinc relay (which you do have as supporting sync linked devices) without the wall switch package. probably is ok for the syncing option

however, this may be a red herring. i realize now that the first 3way i did, which is working correctly still, is the same device type, but there is no sync linked devices option for either of them. linking works without the option for the first one but not the second one. i can't be sure they are actually the same module. would have to open up some boxes

Comment

may have found something interesting. remember i said some things worked and then they didn't after additional programming? all the links that i programmed appeared to be in the HS list. to double check, i asked HS to retrieve all the links. a good number of the links had disappeared including most of the ones we're talking about.

i will try to re-enter them and see if they stick

Comment

checked another KPL. it too has a link table internally very different from the one in HS before retrieving them.

most of the links that i thought i put in were not actually there.

conclusion so far is that the links that are actually in the devices work correctly

i'll keep you posted

Comment

the good news is that after re-entering the links and verifying that they were all there by re-loading them in HS, even my 4way works correctly

Comment

If I understand correctly, you basically took away the need to use a group to control multiple devices from HS. As long as the device you are turning on from HS is a controller, then the other responder lights will be in sync. So I should be able to setup a 3-way crosslinc (KPL controlls two switches an each switch controls each other and the KPL button). Then if I turn any of these on in HS, all go on.

Am I understanding correctly?

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            Guys, give this build a try.

what i added...for any device that has linked devices (ie the current device is a controller), the plugin will turn on these linked devices (the responders)

you will need to visit each registered device on the plugin device page that you want the plugin to 'sync linked devices' and check the option box.

please provide detailed feedback if it is not working as you expected.

this build only syncs insteon devices not insteon groups.

please be sure to disable any syncing events you may have created before testing.

i tested this on a 3-way between to switchlincs and 1 switchlinc and a kpl bnt and it seemed to work as I expected.

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                              If I understand correctly, you basically took away the need to use a group to control multiple devices from HS. As long as the device you are turning on from HS is a controller, then the other responder lights will be in sync. So I should be able to setup a 3-way crosslinc (KPL controlls two switches an each switch controls each other and the KPL button). Then if I turn any of these on in HS, all go on.

Am I understanding correctly?
                              i think that is about right, but there may be some side effects that we are not aware of yet.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK, gave this a try. Notice one little bug right off the bat. I have a KPL button, a load switch and a virtual 3 way switch all crosslinc'd. If I turn on/off or set to any dim other than 0, all works fine. If the light is on and I set to 0% dim, the other switch turns off but the KPL button is still on.

Comment

Working...
                                X