This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Type 0220

I bought two KeyPadLincs, one of them gets recognized just fine, the other one just appears as a generic insteon switch with the following data:

Device Type: Device Type 0220
    Firmware Version: A8

The buttons seem to work (toggle the LED behind the button) and I can hear the relay click when pressing the ON or OFF buttons.

Did I get a defective device?

Originally posted by William9 View Post
    I bought two KeyPadLincs, one of them gets recognized just fine, the other one just appears as a generic insteon switch with the following data:

The buttons seem to work (toggle the LED behind the button) and I can hear the relay click when pressing the ON or OFF buttons.

seems like you got a new devicetype that i have not seem before. was the other kpl the same devicetype?

i will confirm with SH
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

turns out it's a KPL that i don't have in the list. I'll add it tonight and post a fix for you. I assume you are running the licensed plugin
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

please give this a try,

shutdown hs and copy the new dll into your homeseer folder (overwriting the existing; make a backup of of the existing dll first)

then delete the kpl with devicetype 0220
        then register the new kpl with this new ver
        Attached Files
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Both KeyPadLincs are the same SmartHome model number.

KeypadLinc Relay - INSTEON 6-Button Scene Control Keypad with On/Off Switch (Non-Dimming), White
          model: 2486SWH6
          version 5.4 (1036)
          purchased on 12-23-2010 from SmartHome.com
          Insteon address = XX.XX.09
          DeviceType=0220
          FirmwareVer=A8

KeypadLinc Relay - INSTEON 6-Button Scene Control Keypad with On/Off Switch (Non-Dimming), White
          model: 2486SWH6
          version 5.4 (1036)
          purchased on 1-13-2011 from SmartHome.com
          Insteon address = XX.XX.0A
          DeviceType=020F
          FirmwareVer=36

Notice that I bought them on different days, yet the Insteon address is only off by 1. The more recent one with the higher Insteon address works fine, the older one is the one that's giving me problems.

I'm running the licensed plugin.

I tried the Insteon plugin version: 1.5.3.1
          then I deleted the device, then I re-added it.
          It made no difference, still showing up as "Device Type: Device Type 0220"

Are there any files that I can send you that would help? Log file?

Comment

try this one
            Attached Files
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Works great! Thank you so much for your super fast fix!!!

Comment

Works great! Thank you so much for your super fast fix!!!
                you're welcome. i always love when SH sneaks in a new devicetype on me
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X