This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in quits comm to PLM 2413U

After a few hours to a few days, the plug-in quits communicating to the PLM.

Error Report:
    ***:Error in PLM_DataReceived: Access to the port is denied. -- Details System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port is denied.

I have been rebooting the server to fix the problem but it is now only working hours. I just realized that unplugging the PLM does not reset the com port because it must be being powered from the USB side. If I unplug the USB cable out of the PLM, wait 30seconds and reattach, it does reset and fix the problem temporarily. So at least now I can stop rebooting.

I was running version 1.5.0.0 but have now installed 1.5.3.0.

I am running Windows Server 2008 (32bit). Was installed as service, but due to this problem I just use the app. Problem occurs either way.

Need help solving this problem.
    Attached Files

Are you using the serial based PLM or the USB PLM?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Usb plm

Comment

Do you have power management disabled for your USB port(s)? If not, you should uncheck that option in your device manager for each root hub.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147751
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by tgaff View Post
          After a few hours to a few days, the plug-in quits communicating to the PLM.

Error Report:
          ***:Error in PLM_DataReceived: Access to the port is denied. -- Details System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port is denied.

I have been rebooting the server to fix the problem but it is now only working hours. I just realized that unplugging the PLM does not reset the com port because it must be being powered from the USB side. If I unplug the USB cable out of the PLM, wait 30seconds and reattach, it does reset and fix the problem temporarily. So at least now I can stop rebooting.

I was running version 1.5.0.0 but have now installed 1.5.3.0.

I am running Windows Server 2008 (32bit). Was installed as service, but due to this problem I just use the app. Problem occurs either way.

Need help solving this problem.

with 1.5.3, the plugin should try to restart the com port. are you seeing this in the log?

what ver of the ftdi chipset drivers are you running? please update if you are running something older than 2.08.8.

2.08.12 was just released on 2/28.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

1) Power management is and was disabled on all USB ports.
            2) Just installed 1.5.3.0 today so only have a couple hours on it. Will watch for restart.
            3) Ftdi chipset driver was version 2.8.2.0 (7/12/2010). Just installed 2.08.12 tonight.

So now I would say let's wait and see.

Since everyone is keying on the USB port I do have another option. I am currently plugged in to the motherboard USB which is v1.0. I recently installed a PCI-X USB 2.0 card I could move to if the problem is not solved.

Comment

1) Power management is and was disabled on all USB ports.
              2) Just installed 1.5.3.0 today so only have a couple hours on it. Will watch for restart.
              3) Ftdi chipset driver was version 2.8.2.0 (7/12/2010). Just installed 2.08.12 tonight.

So now I would say let's wait and see.

Since everyone is keying on the USB port I do have another option. I am currently plugged in to the motherboard USB which is v1.0. I recently installed a PCI-X USB 2.0 card I could move to if the problem is not solved.
              yes, this is definitely a usb port issue. lets see how this new setup works.

basically what is happening is noise on the powerline is causing a problem for the usb connection. search the forum for 'usb disconnect' to see what other have done to resolve this.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update:
                Lost comm this morning after approximately 12 hours.
                Switched to USB 2.0 expansion card this evening.

Comment

Update:
                  Lost comm this morning after approximately 12 hours.
                  Switched to USB 2.0 expansion card this evening.
                  any indication in the log that the com port was closed or an attempt to reopen? if so, can you post that log snippet
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X