X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Hi Mark,
    I summarized all the issues here, you can see more details in this previous thread.

1) The plugin seems to be working for a while but then I get this error when I try to re-read the devices. "The link tables and device settings could not be retrieved for your device." This is happening for all devices.

2) I'm getting lot of "?" on the device status page for almost all devices.
    How can I monitor the plugin to make sure that is not stop working?

3) Error in the log file when I try to re-read this device. 5/3/2011 10:35:33 AM Insteon Record #6 is past the high water mark, ending link table query for ID 0E.3D.FE
    5/3/2011 10:35:30 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 6...
    5/3/2011 10:35:30 AM Insteon Record #5 is empty, skipping to next record
    5/3/2011 10:35:30 AM Insteon **Transmit Failed for CMD: 00 00 00 0E 3D FE 1A 2F 00 00 00 0F DF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    5/3/2011 10:35:24 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 5...
    5/3/2011 10:35:24 AM Insteon Record #4 is empty, skipping to next record
    5/3/2011 10:35:23 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 4...
    5/3/2011 10:35:20 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 3...
    5/3/2011 10:35:16 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 2...
    5/3/2011 10:35:12 AM Insteon Reading remote link database record for device ID 0E.3D.FE record # 1...
    5/3/2011 10:35:12 AM Insteon Got Op Flags response from Insteon ID 0E.3D.FE, Op Flags 00=20
    5/3/2011 10:34:56 AM Insteon Edit Insteon Device # 12 Addr: 0E.3D.FE,

Thanks,
    Aldo
    the error is the log above is not fatal, just an indication that the plm didn't response. otherwise everything there looks good/normal. I will check the code to make sure that an interim error like this isn't causes the general ""The link tables and device settings could not be retrieved for your device." msgs that you see.

regarding the ? status, does this happen when you use the Poll Device btn on the status page, or when the plugin is doing the periodic polling. Please disable 'polling' from the plugin config page for a while.

there is a new trigger "interface crashes" that will fire if the plm stops responding. but based on my experience with serial PLMs, the 2413s you have shouldn't ever stop working.

I see you are running 1.5.5 now, were you using 1.5.5 on the old computer, or did you upgrade during the move?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
      Thanks for looking into it. I mentioned in previous postings that I tried few times to upgrade to the latest version but it was causing these kind of issues. Unfortunately I did not have enough evidence to prove it. I can go back to the previous plugin and see if this is happening but I would like to see if we can both figure it out if there is something that is causing this problem. I will go with any suggestions you recommend.

In regard of this issue below, is when the plugin is polling. Should I still disable or you would like to do some debugging?
      >>regarding the ? status, does this happen when you use the Poll Device btn on the status >>page, or when the plugin is doing the periodic polling. Please disable 'polling' from the >>plugin config page for a while.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

Hi Mark,
        Thanks for looking into it. I mentioned in previous postings that I tried few times to upgrade to the latest version but it was causing these kind of issues. Unfortunately I did not have enough evidence to prove it. I can go back to the previous plugin and see if this is happening but I would like to see if we can both figure it out if there is something that is causing this problem. I will go with any suggestions you recommend.

In regard of this issue below, is when the plugin is polling. Should I still disable or you would like to do some debugging?
        >>regarding the ? status, does this happen when you use the Poll Device btn on the status >>page, or when the plugin is doing the periodic polling. Please disable 'polling' from the >>plugin config page for a while.

Thanks,
        Aldo
        i see you have a lot of devices set to poll every 2 minutes. this might be flooding the insteon network which would cause the kinds of problems you are having. this was an issue for another user recently. please disable polling as suggested and lets see.

you can use the 'poll device' btn on the hs status page to refresh and see if you get a lot of ? status values

if that doesn't help, i need you to rollback to 1.5.3 and see if the ? polling issue & reading links issue continues. I can then look at the code changes i made between 1.5.3 and 1.5.5 to find the problem.

fwiw, i'm running 1.5.5 and am not seeing these issues (? status or unable to read links and settings) and i poll most of my dev every 5 minutes and only a few devices every 2-3 minutes.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks I will follow your instructions and update you. Last question if I disable the polling how do I found out that these devices are working properly without looking at the status page all the times? By using the polling I can tell right now if a device is failing or not.

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

Hi Mark,
            By polling them from the status page, I get several ? on several devices, should I roll back for now?
            Attached Files

Comment

yes, please roll back to 1.5.3 and retest
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Much better, no errors with 1.5.3.

Thanks,
                Aldo
                Attached Files

Comment

ok, good.

can you tried the attached version and report back
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    Same as the one below, no issues.

Thanks,
                    Aldo

Comment

Hi Mark,
                      Same as the one below, no issues.

Thanks,
                      Aldo
                      that's good (no issues), but surprising.

how about this version, please try and post results.

also, do you have any external registered devices that use a script?
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

We are still good with this. No external device that use scripts.

Comment

We are still good with this. No external device that use scripts.
                          Aldo,
                          I'm at a loss. all the changes after 1.5.4 until 1.5.5 was released were related to adding support for the Sage tstat plugin. no real logic changes.

Let v1.5.4 run with polling enabled, and lets see how it goes.

if that works for a day or two, then upgrade again to 1.5.5 and report back.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                            With this plugin everything seem to be working great, I have almost 100% now. Hybrid Plug-In v1.5.3.0 In PLM Mode. My first screen was showing lot of failures.

Although I noticed one device that it was at 100% but now only around 40%, something with lot of noise on that line?

Thanks,
                            Aldo
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,
                              With this plugin everything seem to be working great, I have almost 100% now. Hybrid Plug-In v1.5.3.0 In PLM Mode. My first screen was showing lot of failures.

Although I noticed one device that it was at 100% but now only around 40%, something with lot of noise on that line?

Thanks,
                              Aldo
                              yah, noise can definitely cause this type of issolated issue. I have this problem with about 2 or 3 of the devices. check for power adapters and other device close to the switch on the same circuit.

btw. i may have found a problem in the plugin that was related to the ? status value. would you be willing to try my latest build?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                                Of course, at anytime.

Thanks,
                                Aldo

Comment

Working...
                                X