Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.6.1.0 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave keypads are really lame compared to the KPL from Insteon.

Comment

z-wave keypads

Yep, Z-wave keypads are very expensive for decent control ($170+) and you can't control the LEDs etc

Comment

FanLinc! Awesome!

Thank you for continuously enhancing your plug in.

It was well worth the money for the quality of this plug in.

Comment

Group controller name disappears after replacing keypadlinc

Mark.

I recently used the replace device functionality with keypad lincs. Functionally it works very well and saved a lot of time.

There is one little thing, not urgent, just and FYI. The manage groups page doesn't present the new controller in its list. The groups are there in the controller, and the plugin does modify them correctly.

The controller field is blank, it doesn't show the new controller. On the edit group page, It says Unknown for the controller.

Again, the group is still active and changes can be made. Again this is an FYI and not an urgent thing to fix.

Paul

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="center">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">
          </td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="center">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">
          </td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">
          </td><td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">
          </td></tr></tbody></table>
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
            Mark.

I recently used the replace device functionality with keypad lincs. Functionally it works very well and saved a lot of time.

There is one little thing, not urgent, just and FYI. The manage groups page doesn't present the new controller in its list. The groups are there in the controller, and the plugin does modify them correctly.

The controller field is blank, it doesn't show the new controller. On the edit group page, It says Unknown for the controller.

Again, the group is still active and changes can be made. Again this is an FYI and not an urgent thing to fix.

Paul

thanks. i've made the fix for the next version.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you
              Paul

Comment

The Hop count data is not computed incorrectly if you have 3 or less max hops selected on the plugin config page for the "Insteon Hops Allowed"

please select "4 Maximum Hops" for now to get the correct hop data.

Also note: Retransmissions also account for hops. This can occur at the PLM or between devices.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                  Mark.

Paul
                  if its not too late, you can shutdown hs & modify the insteon.ini and change the controller id manually to fix the plugin display issue

look for the "Controller=" key in the related group section and just mod the insteon id
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Doh!
                    Next time
                    Paul

Comment

Problem getting plugin going

Hi,
                      I just purchased your plug-in. I have a 2413U Powerlinc Modem I just bought. When I plug it in Windows 7 loads up all the drivers just fine.

However when I enable either of the 2 interfaces and restart HS I get an Error Intializing in the status. And when I try to configure I get not connected error.

I installed this using the updater so I did not do anything else.

Do I need to change the Com Port? It shows 0, and I tired 1.

This is my first use of Insteon - prior to that I was using the old X-10 interface.

One last question - assumming I get it working, do I need both the old X-10 and the new device or will the new device run my X-10 through your software?

I did try to just have the Other enabled and the X10 disabled - still getting the error:

2/9/2012 1:11:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~The Interface does not support X10, please disable the X10 interface.
                      2/9/2012 1:11:05 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing X10 interface Insteon: The Interface does not support X10
                      2/9/2012 1:11:05 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing X10 interface Insteon

Does this mean I HAVE to have both running for your to work at all? Please advise.

Thanks!
                      Last edited by bsw11; February 9, 2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsw11 View Post
                        Hi,
                        I just purchased your plug-in. I have a 2413U Powerlinc Modem I just bought. When I plug it in Windows 7 loads up all the drivers just fine.

However when I enable either of the 2 interfaces and restart HS I get an Error Intializing in the status. And when I try to configure I get not connected error.

I installed this using the updater so I did not do anything else.

Do I need to change the Com Port? It shows 0, and I tired 1.

This is my first use of Insteon - prior to that I was using the old X-10 interface.

One last question - assumming I get it working, do I need both the old X-10 and the new device or will the new device run my X-10 through your software?

Thanks!
                        Welcome, you need to set the Com port on the hs setup/interface page correctly. Check the windows device manager under the Ports section to see the new virtual com port created for the plm. Otherwise try 2,3,4,5 one after another.

the plm and plugin will handle x10 and insteon. you don't need your old x10 controller. That said, i still have my x10 powerlinc connected and running. I might suggest just trying to get the insteon interface working first and then cut over the x10 stuff to the plm later.

you will also want to upgrade to the latest version 1.6.1 which is post in the forum.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

The magic number was port 6. So I am past that issue.

Now I just need to know what to do now :-).

I only have a couple of insteon devices in my house at this point:
                          FanLinc
                          A 6 and an 8 button inwall controller.

How does your program "see" these - do I have to push something? Do I need to push the button on the linc controller first?
                          I did not see a manual on any of this - if there is one can you provide me a link?
                          Is there an automated way for your program to just go out and find active devices?
                          Just need a bit of help to get going.

How can I tell if a device is I2 and where do I find the code?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

The magic number was port 6. So I am past that issue.

Now I just need to know what to do now :-).

I only have a couple of insteon devices in my house at this point:
                            FanLinc
                            A 6 and an 8 button inwall controller.

How does your program "see" these - do I have to push something? Do I need to push the button on the linc controller first?
                            I did not see a manual on any of this - if there is one can you provide me a link?
                            Is there an automated way for your program to just go out and find active devices?
                            Just need a bit of help to get going.

How can I tell if a device is I2 and where do I find the code?
                            you will definitely need to upgrade to 1.6.1 to register/use the fanlinc

Start on the Manage Devices page within the plugin.

Use the Add a New Device button to get started; the plugin will take care of the rest.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Well I did all that, I got the 8 button controller to respond just fine. No so fine with the 6 button controller - just won't register.

I take it I have to do the same with the fan linc - press the buttons etc.

I have a couple wireless remote controllers - should those also register with your software (cause they don't seem to register either)?

Comment

Well I did all that, I got the 8 button controller to respond just fine. No so fine with the 6 button controller - just won't register.

I take it I have to do the same with the fan linc - press the buttons etc.
                                wired devices do not require you to press any buttons to register; try plugging the 6 brn controller into a outlet closer to the PLM. Wireless RF devices must be put into linking mode before registering.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X