Z-Wave Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat

I am looking at purchasing several Z-Wave thermostats but before I do I wanted to get some feedback from people that have already gone down the path.

One of the features I am looking for is to know when the AC/Heater has turned on and off. Does this status get reported back through z-wave?

Which thermostat would you recommend?

Any pro's and cons with these types of thermostats?

I am using the Wayne Dalton, and the Trane units and the Trane unit is a nicer unit, IMHO. I am using these with the Blade plugin and the Trane unit does let HS know when the unit is heating or cooling, but the unit needs to polled to get this information, it doesn't update the status instantly.

Hope this helps

Comment

I have 2 of the WDs and they work well. Just make sure you have a C-Wire or have an external power supply. These must be polled as well to update the status.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Do you know of any thermostats that do not have to poll in order to get a status update? Sounds like this is pretty common.

Comment

I think Mark (macromark) posted a while back that every ZWave thermostat HS sells requires polling. Dont quote me on that, though. You might send him an email or call the main number to be sure.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
          X