X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.3.17 Release

LINUX IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!

Fixes/Changes:
    - HSEvent errors on startup...I'm having trouble reproducing the error; so this is just a shot in the dark related to AppStarting. (3.0.3.13)
    - X10Settings error when controlling an x10 device (3.0.3.13)
    - x10 devices have the on/off btns backwards; (3.0.3.14) - you might need to delete and recreate the device to get the on/off btns in the right order
    - fixed X10Settings error
    - The Insteon tab (for x10 config) on the device config page is removed if the device is an Insteon device. (3.0.3.14)
    - Triggers for KPL Btns and Interface (3.0.3.16) Please resave Interface triggers to update internal values.
    - X10Event string to integer conversion exception (3.0.3.17)
    - LastContact dates saved in ini (3.0.3.17)

Enhancements
    - Added Enable X10 option to config page. X10 users must enable this. Its disabled by default. Only enable if you are using the PLM for X10. If you are using another X10 plugin, please disable this option. (3.0.3.17)

Known issues:
    - Other issues related to GenPage or Object is Nothing are related to the plugin crashing or disconnecting from HS3.

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs in the zip to the homeseer folder
    4. Restart HS

For Migration from HS2
    Copy your config\insteon.ini to the hs3 config folder

I recommend running HS 3.0.0.54

X10 User Instructions:

You must create the hs devices on the hs device management page using the Add Device button. Enter the Code (eg A1) only, don't bother with the Address field or the Device Type field, that will be populated as "Insteon X10".

You will see an extra tab labeled Insteon.

There are three options on the Insteon tab:
    1. Supports Dimming (as opposed to just on & off). this will add a slider to the hs device for dimming control.
    2. Support Preset Dimming (typically Smarthome x10 devices)
    3. Supports Status Requests (typically 2-way devices)

select the appropriate ones per the physical x10 device.

Click the "Save as Insteon X10" button to save the device as an X10 device that will be controlled by the Insteon Plugin.

you may edit these values later and use the Done button on Insteon tab

If for some reason, you already created a bunch of x10 devices, you may use the "Update X10 Devices" on the plugin config page to assign any hs device that have a valid x10 code to the plugin. Then use the device management page to configure the device.

Starting with 3.0.3.17, you must Enable X10 on the plugin config page otherwise X10 msgs are ignored.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; February 22, 2014, 10:00 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

No luck for me. The plugin is hanging in the startup process where the .exe would normally crash, preventing HS3 from starting up all together.

I am going to do a complete os rebuild and ditch Server 2008 and put on windows 8.1 to see if that helps at all (will just backup hs3 folders).
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

I don't think this is an os issue.

I have a thread that needs to wait for hs3 to finish starting before the thread will complete. this shouldn't affect the rest of the plugin but HST changed hs.appstarting and i don't think i have it correct
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
        No luck for me. The plugin is hanging in the startup process where the .exe would normally crash, preventing HS3 from starting up all together.

I am going to do a complete os rebuild and ditch Server 2008 and put on windows 8.1 to see if that helps at all (will just backup hs3 folders).
        can you post your startup log
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark - will this plug-in work with the Linux install on HS3? I am trying to get this set up on my mac and have been struggling to enable the plug-in. The log show it trying to connect ton 127.0.0.1 which fails. I also can not select the com port in the config page. It states fatal error.

Thanks,
          -Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by purdyr View Post
            Mark - will this plug-in work with the Linux install on HS3? I am trying to get this set up on my mac and have been struggling to enable the plug-in. The log show it trying to connect ton 127.0.0.1 which fails. I also can not select the com port in the config page. It states fatal error.

Thanks,
            -Ryan
            No, its not linux compatible or tested
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I believe there is a bug when setting a device value via script. The device value changes but the device does not respond.

For example, I am setting a device value with this command:

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(30, 55, True)

Checking the device shows that the value did change to 55, however the device (light) did not actually dim to level 55.

It appears there is a recent HS Bugzilla reported similar to this, but so far HomeSeer is suggesting that since the device is controlled by a plugin, that the plugin should be handling the change. I don't know if that is the way is should be or not. Here is a link to the Bugzilla report:

http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1387

Comment

Originally posted by galoobus View Post
                I believe there is a bug when setting a device value via script. The device value changes but the device does not respond.

For example, I am setting a device value with this command:

Checking the device shows that the value did change to 55, however the device (light) did not actually dim to level 55.

It appears there is a recent HS Bugzilla reported similar to this, but so far HomeSeer is suggesting that since the device is controlled by a plugin, that the plugin should be handling the change. I don't know if that is the way is should be or not. Here is a link to the Bugzilla report:

http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1387
                can you post a detailed log snippet of this transaction
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

There isn't much going on in the logs. I'm not sure how to increase the logging level if you need more detail.

With the device value at 100, I manually trigger a script to set the value to 55. Here is what shows in the log:

------------------
                  Dec-29 10:55:03 AM Event Running script in background: P:/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testscript.vb
                  Dec-29 10:55:03 AM Event Event Trigger "Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test"
                  Dec-29 10:55:03 AM Event Event Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

------------------

After the script runs, the value and device show everything is at a 55 dim level except the light did not do anything. If I adjust the dim level from the webpage it responds as expected.
                  <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot ;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_bu ffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;S tart playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;des ktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&qu ot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&q uot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_br owser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&qu ot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot ;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;: &quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;; &quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_int erferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&q uot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_star t_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized& quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot ;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr &quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot; sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{& quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification& quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&q uot;loop&quot;:false,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoP lay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayO nBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:4 2,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot; :&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotifica tion&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;sav eBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&qu ot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Comment

visit the plugin config page to increase the logging level to Detailed . the other option is to run your scenario and then use the 'generate error report' from the config page.

the results will be in the config\insteon error report.log
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok I got it:

Dec-29 1:43:39 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:43:39 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:43:24 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:43:24 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:43:09 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:43:09 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:42:54 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:42:54 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Running script in background: P:/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testscript.vb
                      Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Event Trigger "Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test"
                      Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Event Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                      Dec-29 1:42:39 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:42:39 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:42:24 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:42:24 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:42:09 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      Dec-29 1:42:09 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                      Dec-29 1:41:54 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                      -------------

Here is the full script:

Sub Main(parms As Object)
                      End Sub
                      Last edited by mnsandler; December 29, 2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

two things:

1. this doesn't reveal any more detail. can you try the 'generate error report' function i mentioned previously

2. there is a bunch of hidden html junk at the end of your posts that start with an mytubeelement tag. do you know what this?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok I got it:

Dec-29 1:43:39 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:43:39 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:43:24 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:43:24 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:43:09 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:43:09 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:42:54 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:42:54 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Running script in background: P:/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/testscript.vb
                          Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Event Trigger "Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test"
                          Dec-29 1:42:46 PM Event Event Manually Triggered Studio Dim Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                          Dec-29 1:42:39 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:42:39 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:42:24 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:42:24 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:42:09 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          Dec-29 1:42:09 PM Insteon Starting Scheduled Polling...
                          Dec-29 1:41:54 PM Insteon ..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                          -------------

Here is the full script:

Sub Main(parms As Object)
                          End Sub
                          its not working for me either. the plugin SetIOMulti method isn't getting called. please pursue this as a bug with HST
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Generating an error report did not reveal any further information. (I'm not sure what hidden HTML junk you are seeing as I don't see it myself.)

The Bugzilla report I linked to previously now has a status of "In Progress" so hopefully they are working on this.
                            <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot ;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_bu ffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;S tart playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;des ktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&qu ot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&q uot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_br owser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&qu ot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot ;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;: &quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;; &quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_int erferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&q uot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_star t_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized& quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot ;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr &quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot; sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{& quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification& quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&q uot;loop&quot;:false,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoP lay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayO nBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:4 2,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot; :&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotifica tion&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;sav eBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&qu ot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Comment

Thanks Mark.

I'm not sure what hidden HTML junk you are seeing as I don't see it myself.
                              click Edit on your most recent post and see the hidden code
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X