This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SECU16 Video Switcher

Can a SECU16 be used for video switching applications? Noise at the terminals of the SECU16 might be a problem but I was wondering if anyone had tried this out before.

- Scott

The relay outputs are isolated from the digital noise. I did it, and it worked fine for me.
    In my case, I used RG-59 to route the signals. I tied all the shields together just outside the box, and only switched the signal line.

All my input sources were on a common breaker. If your input sources are on different breakers, you might have ground loop problems that could introduce 60 Hz noise (a hum in the audio). If this is the case, you might also need to switch the shields.

Make sure your code drops the previous relay before engaging the new relay.

Dan Boone, ADI

Comment

I decided to buy a quad video multiplexer and will use the SECU16 to drive the alarm inputs to switch cameras. Neater, more features and not much more cost.

Cheers... Scott

Comment

Scott,
        That is a nice approach. Post a link to your switcher. I'll offer that solution next time the question pops up.
        Thanks,
        Dan Boone, ADI

Comment

Hi Dan:

I have to get it first! I actually have two on order from eBay. One will be in my detached garage along with an SECU16. It'll have 3 cameras feeding it. I'll use a 2.4GHz RF video sender/receiver to transmit the signal from this multiplexer to another one in my house which will have additional camera inputs. This second multiplexer will be switched by another SECU16 so I should be able to bring up any single camera or one of two groups of four. I've also bought a time lapse recorder that I can have controlled by the Ocelot as well (waiting on this as well). I'm presently looking for cameras and I'm trying to decide on the best choice of features.

Color, B/W, infrared, combo!!!! Oh my aching head!

eBay again for those for sure!

This will take a while but I'll be sure to post my results. I'm still very new and I have a huge job ahead of me. I think though by being very careful about my choice of hardware I'll end up with a system that will serve me well.

On that note one of the first things I bought was an Ocelot, 3 SECU16I's and 2 SECU16's. Very wise choice

- Scott

Comment

Working...
          X