No announcement yet.

X10 Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the procedure I used and the results on my development machine (running the plugin normally, not from within Visual Studio).

Procedure:
    1. Start HS3
    2. Disable X10 & CM15A plugins
    3. Create a new device
    4. Cancel new device (if new dev page opened)
    5. Log result
    6. Repeat steps 3-5 above 9 more times
    7. Enable X10 plugin
    8. Repeat steps 3-5 above 9 more times
    9. Disable X10 plugin
    10. Repeat steps 3-5 above 9 more times
    11. Enable CM15A Plugin
    12. Repeat steps 3-5 above 9 more times

Results...

Machine 1: Core-i7, 2.7GHz, 4GB DRAM / Win10 Pro / HS3.0.0.297
    Plugin: X10 v3.0.0.40
    Plugin Disabled:
    10 Success
    0 Fail
    0 'Bad' New Devices
    Plugin Enabled:
    8 Success
    2 Fail
    2 'Bad' New Devices (first 2 attempts failed, after that everything worked fine. Could not get it to fail again after 30+ attempts.)

Plugin: CM15A 3.0.0.10
    Plugin Disabled:
    10 Success
    0 Fail
    0 'Bad' New Devices
    Plugin Enabled:
    10 Success
    0 Fail
    0 'Bad' New Devices
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
      What is very interesting however, is that the two devices created when the x10 plugin was disabled appeared with the extra SMS-GATEWAY tab!!!!
      What do you mean by this? Are you referring to another plugin you have installed? Does it normally show up as another tab when you create a new device? Can you provide some screen shots?

If you would, please disable all plugins that display additional tabs on the New Device page and try the test again.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

Thank you all for trying this quick test! Based on your tests it looks like this is not an issue with the X10 plugin specifically, as you are all seeing the problem when the plugin is disabled. I am curious if the issue persists when ALL plugins are disabled. Anyone want to try again with no plugins running?

We will need to come up with a procedure that replicates the problem on most machines before we ask Rich to take a look at this, so the more folks we can get to do some testing, with and without plugins enabled, the better.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
          Can you provide some screen shots?
          Please see attachment screenshot with both x10 and SMS plugin enabled...
          Attached Files
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

interesting.. now that I have NOT seen!!!!

i can tell you though that I have a great success at creating the x10 devices...

I am unable to do the 10 new test at this time as I am very busy tonight/tomorrow but will try wed and report back..

I did this a while ago.. playing around with doing a youtube channel..
            start @ 6:20 here
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdA4xVermkM
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
            X