Device Variables in Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Variables in Speak

This may be a general question rather than a specific ecobee question but I am running the Homeseer trial along with this Ecobee plugin as a trial. Just playing around, testing the waters, I created an Event that basically does this:

If Ecobee Humidity is Between 30-50 Then
    Sonos Speak "Your humidity level is high"
    End If

I want the string to include the humidity level as well. ie; "Your humidity level is above 30%"

How do I include variables for the device in the string? I see that you can use $$time, $$date, etc. but how do I know what the variable would be for the specific device property?

Thanks

I believe you can use $$DVRref): or $$DSRref): to get the value or the string of the humidity device. (ref) being the reference number of the humidity device

see http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm

Comment

Thank you. I tried the variables and the TTS just reads it out literally. Also, where do I find the reference number of a device?

Comment

Originally posted by aWanderer View Post
        where do I find the reference number of a device?
        Tools->Setup, select Custom tab
        Check "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)"
        Now on the device management (main) page, the 2nd column is added showing the ref number.

Comment

Originally posted by aWanderer View Post
          Thank you. I tried the variables and the TTS just reads it out literally.
          Do not forget the colon before and after the reference number
          e.g. $$DVR:1234:

Comment

Perfect. Thank you all. Works now.

Comment

Working...
            X