ultra1wire died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultra1wire died?

Been using it for a few months and all has been good. Was using it with global cache and a temp08 but this morning at 3:31 am things got sick with this error in the log:

System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.TEMP08.SendMessageToEthernet(String Message)

Not able to figure what is meant by this error message I tried a spare temp 08 on com 1 and now get this error:

Unable to connect to TEMP08 device 'COM1' because 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM1' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.TEMP08.ConnectToDevice()'.

Just before this error (above) there were these log entries and I thought I would be golden:

May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
    May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Getting TEMP08 version ...
    May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Disabling TEMP08 update interval ...
    May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Setting TEMP08 temperature format ...
    May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Enabling TEMP08 Serial Number ID display ...
    May-21 8:39:54 PM Informational Setting TEMP08 Clock ...

So I wonder if there are suggestions what's going wrong and how to fix it?.
    -Rick

I kept looking and disconnected the sensor network from the temp08 and magically it came alive. Turned out to be a one wire bus error and I have narrowed it down to two runs. I guess after 15 years of reliable operation I should not be surprised to have this problem.
    -Rick

Comment

Working...
    X