www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Help

HomeSeer Help Help, How-to's and Documentation

Old July 13th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Seer

Web interface

Hello,

All of a sudden I can't access my HS3 program using the web interface. Nothing changed on my network or computer. I am running Windows XP Pro. Is there any way I can change that IP?
I have no access on other network computers and browsers to anything to do with HomeSeer HS3. Please help!
Thank you.
Old July 13th, 2017, 05:47 PM
OverSeer

Have you verified that HS is actually still running? On the system that HS is running on, did you perhaps setup another web server? I suggest you try to log directly into your system HS is running on and verify that it's indeed still running. If so, shut it down and in the settings.ini file change the port from 80 to something else, like 81. Then when you try to log on to the web interface just append the URL with :81. So something like 192.168.1.123:81

Oh. And also rule out any firewall possibilities by turning it off (on the HS machine) momentarily and trying to access the web UI while it's down.
Old July 13th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Seer

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it did not help. I copied the HomeSeer folder to back it up before I went into Windows Install and selected the program and chose repair. Same results. Do you think that it could be something to do with my network? I have been having problems connecting to my other computers. I have no problem accessing the internet. I have a Verizon FiOS Gigabit router that has all of the computers connected to the router directly. I have contacted Verizon support at the highest level and they couldn't find any problems. They told me to go into the router settings and change the IP on the computer running HS3 to static. That didn't help. I didn't think it would. I can't imagine why all of a sudden did this. I would appreciate any other suggestions. Thank you again.
Old July 13th, 2017, 10:50 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan8ias View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it did not help. I copied the HomeSeer folder to back it up before I went into Windows Install and selected the program and chose repair. Same results. Do you think that it could be something to do with my network? I have been having problems connecting to my other computers. I have no problem accessing the internet. I have a Verizon FiOS Gigabit router that has all of the computers connected to the router directly. I have contacted Verizon support at the highest level and they couldn't find any problems. They told me to go into the router settings and change the IP on the computer running HS3 to static. That didn't help. I didn't think it would. I can't imagine why all of a sudden did this. I would appreciate any other suggestions. Thank you again.
If you login to your HS3 sever and start HS3 up are any errors being reported or shown?
Old July 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Super Seer

Can you ping you Homeseer system from another pc on your network?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:11 PM
OverSeer

Also try find.homeseer.com from a PC on the same network.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via HAI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler