X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building a new interface[iphone hst interface gfx]

Hello every one,

After getting my iphone client working it is time to build a interface,
    after i got it finished i will share my gfx where possible as vector and .png so it can be used at other resolutions.

Now its is kind of hard to make a interface that is working for everyone so what i will deliver are building blocks like buttons, backgrounds and other items wich can be combined to your own interface.

If you like my interface and would like to have some special device pages you would like to see, or got some suguestions... be welcome in this topic.

Yes, it is a kind of dull interface, but it is still in progress ... and states like on/off and pushed are deliverd in orange like the seperate button.. but i am still in the experimenting stadium. So all options are still open for sugestion to build a better interface for all.

pages i am working on are :

-home page
    -rooms
    -stereo
    -tv
    -mediaplayer
    -hvac
    -status
    -playstation3 ( bd player )
    -video
    -security
    -channel icons
    -squeezebox

These are my doodles so far:
    Last edited by Robin_f; May 15, 2013, 11:12 PM.

looks great!

Comment

Looks fantastic! Looking forward to the download.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Okay, here is the home page...

it was a long day and there might be some errors, as i did not had the time to rebuild the page in hst designer, wich i will do later on.

But if i am right this can be made from what is inside the zipfile.

Al buttons are in 2 or 3 states on/off/click or neutral and click.
        got 2 different back grounds, neutral and one with some gfx.

Also added a .pdf but there might be some bitmapped material in it ( at 300dpi so it is hr and re-usable in other designs )

to be continued,

PS : tell me if there is any need for special icons, they are in vector in the .pdf

Comment

You are talented!

Please post more of the scenes. They are awesome!
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

If i only was talented with actionscript 3

I got many ideas but on the programming side, but am not gifted with any talent.

It shouldn't be that hard to make some interface objects like a webcam intercom on those hst devices that have webcams, Coverflow like or even better interfaces to have channel icons, weather and yes even multitouch is possible as flash cs5 is coming soon.

Could be in the form of a native application;

as should/could be used on a iphone/pod in combination with the hstclient.
            ( run the flash app in the background of hst client and embed an empty page in yout hst interface, thru the possibility of the jump to a hst page trigger in homeseer server we can jump back to the right page)

Sure flash sucks in many ways but for our purpose it could be a very good addition to what we all ready can do.

- Pro things :

vector gfx ( so no rescaling on buttons )
            multi-platform
            nice user friendly touch interface possible

And to be honnest i dont know a reason why we dont use it... ?

I can make some things in flash like making a carousel with channel icons, wich triggers homeseer... wich saves a lot of usefull design space

No i am not preaching to skip hstouch, but flash could do more for us than i have seen untill now. Sure i some tests and it did run quite well on my pc interface.

Sorry to get carried away, but i have been thinking alot and got many ideas but dont make to much progress on this. Mainly on getting all the variables in and out thru a xml-rpc server wich is running in homeseer as plugin.

So yes, i am not that tallented, but am looking for a good actionscripter to kick me in the right directions.

Back on topic

Oh and of course i will keep on posting, at least the pages i mentioned, wich could change on request or on personal expierience. If the home page is finished ( still need to do some mouse/vinger overs and pushed statuses ) i will progress to the next.

Comment

updated home screen looks great!

any plan on making a larger screen template....

like 800x600 or 1024*768

Comment

Adidas 4275,

i will try to post these resolutions eventualy:

320 x 240
                320 x 480
                800 x 480
                800 x 600
                1024 x 768
                1024 x 600
                1920 x 1080

I guess its clever to stick to one or two resolutions if people start from scratch as all these different resolutions involve a lot of work

Comment

Wow! I like it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin_f View Post
                    Okay, here is the home page...

it was a long day and there might be some errors, as i did not had the time to rebuild the page in hst designer, wich i will do later on.

But if i am right this can be made from what is inside the zipfile.

Al buttons are in 2 or 3 states on/off/click or neutral and click.
                    got 2 different back grounds, neutral and one with some gfx.

Also added a .pdf but there might be some bitmapped material in it ( at 300dpi so it is hr and re-usable in other designs )

to be continued,

PS : tell me if there is any need for special icons, they are in vector in the .pdf
                    This looks stunning. Please post more screenshots to show how you are using the various buttons in action etc.

Nicolai
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Update with some remote control items.

I was thinking, it could be handy to have a slider that sends out a ir number. like channel 123, or 853..

cable system/satelite have these 999 channels and it might be handy to give it a throw to a nearby number.

Or something like you can drag thru the music library could be nice to.....
                      i guess we need some scripting for that, anyone ? There must be a better way than making 999 events.

How about a slider with 8 steps and tiny channel icons just to have 8 preset channels on the front remote page ?
                      LoL, i am getting to enthousiastic........

Also made a small functional update on the frontpage, like enlarging the tabs when pushed, and the buttons in the middle have a finger pressed state now

Comment

Robin,

You are doing a good job here.

I know scripting, but it is only VB, connected to HS, not flash.
                        For interacion with the HS server I can try to help you?
                        Still I will think on your suggestions if I have some spare time! Wich is not enough lately ;-)

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hmmmz, i guess it was to late...

I remember that i have updated the artwork in the remote package, as all the buttons offsets of the over states where not correct. I must have pushed a wrong button.

Will update that tonight and hope to make some more examples of how to use.

@ Wim thats great, as a good interface relies not only on gfx. But i guess you only realize by making one I will work out some more detailed plans and send you a pm when i got some time.

Oh and thanks for all compliments to all )

Comment

Thanks Robin for a great theme and for sharing. A great tribute to you.
                            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                            --
                            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Great pleasure to share, makes life more fun any way.......

Now if we only could find an OOP programmer that would like to do some as3 on the xml-rpc part we could proceed to the next level of interfacing and even let the competition far behind.

If only......
                              Oh and dont get me wrong, i have been subscribing to lynda.com... searching all over but i just dont gasp it.

Wich reminds me to get your channel icons ready for the weekend....
                              I guess most of you would not like to have dutch channel icons, so i will be making a bunch or throw in a mini tutorial how to make your own with a 30 day trial or free of charge program.

Comment

Working...
                              X