No announcement yet.

Intermatic PE653RC MultiWave Z-wave Pool/Spa/Home Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see this moving forward in HS3. I've been on the fence between the HomeSeer and Vera. Compatibility with my existing PE653 is the deciding factor.

Comment

still reporting in C... any fix in sight ??
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Is everything with the integration functional as long as you don't mind Celsius?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
          That is pretty much it. The air temperature is not even accessible - that temperature is used just for the anti-freeze measures that can be turned on. You do get the water temperature, and there are two thermostats (to some degree). I cannot understand with the ability to specify that a spa and/or a pool is installed, and there are two separate temperature setpoints for those, how the system can run with only one water temperature sensor!

The way the sensors connect at the top where the Z-Wave module, which is stored in the cap is located, is very strange too - I could not put the cap on to enable Z-Wave without using their cut-out holes for the sensor wires, so I tried to be very nice in cutting a slit just big enough for the wires to come out of.

Rick
          I think I can provide some clarity on the pool / spa mode and 2 set points. When in spa mode if you have the actuators installed all of the water flow is through the spa and the heater is set to the spa temp set point. The thermostat only "sees" spa water.

In pool mode the valves are set back to pool ( circulate pool and spa) the set point goes to the pool set point and the heater reacts accordingly.

Clear as mud?

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Karmabiker View Post
            Is everything with the integration functional as long as you don't mind Celsius?
            no.. have been unable to set params.. sitting on my desk

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
              no.. have been unable to set params.. sitting on my desk
              Bummer. Looking for a system that will allow me to automate rental houses without having to put thousands into Jandy or one of the big players for each property. Waiting to see if Vera or Homeseer gets there first.

Comment

System will work fine.. mine could be op error.. I can get the control to work with pkgd remote, just cannot get it to set up with HS. If I enter a parameter so set heater, it returns some bogus code.. ( see above )

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  System will work fine.. mine could be op error.. I can get the control to work with pkgd remote, just cannot get it to set up with HS. If I enter a parameter so set heater, it returns some bogus code.. ( see above )
                  I've got one of the PE653rc and am thrilled with it ... the problem is remote access and configuring what renters can and cant do from hundreds or thousands of miles away.

If they don't pay for use of the spa ...

Comment

Was there ever any resolution to this? How is it working? I'm getting a hot tub and would very much like to tie it in to HS3.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

had it working on my bench, installing this week-end

Comment

Please keep us posted!

Comment

Any news? I'm getting a hot tub and firing it up next weekend.

Comment

OK.. I went overboard.. pulled pc board and installed 30 amp contactors, with 120 vac coils.. so I only run 120 vac from spa to controller ( approx 5 feet away on column )

Not finished yet, but for the most part have controller working on floor.. the only differences I see is that I lost the spa set point device and gained an energy set point that I haven't figured out.. I had to tell the unit it was on a pool not spa and works

I also haven't gotten the remote to work w/ HS,, One or the other.. but sure it is my problem and don't really care as HS will be primary
                            Attached Files

Comment

Please keep me posted. my mind is finding it hard to think about anything aside from my coming hot tub and I, naturally, want to tie it in with HS.

Have you contacted HST about the issues you're having with the controller?

BTW, do you have any information on how to install this thing? I have no idea if it will even work with my hot tub.

Comment

Any more news? Sounds like you've been operating a little outside of the box with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X