Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stipus, it's 4 trial days left for me. Can I purchase it or get a longer trial?
    Last edited by tonlof; April 30, 2014, 03:08 PM.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

PLCBUS Connector multi-controller in HS3

Dear Stipus ,

Now i am testing multi-controller in HS3. I am testing on v0.9
      My set up is. I have two 1141NDR . One install in my office ,one install in my home. Server is installed in my office.
      Office 's 1141NDR IP is local internal ip , say 172.16.0.30
      Home 's 1141NDR IP is dynamic IP , say kevinlo.dyndns.org

Problem 1 : I try to create two instance in Plug-in page. But I cannot setup different IP for different instance correctly.

Problem 2 : Once I create two instance in Plug-in page. For the 2nd instance , I can label it , say Instance 1 is for my office. Instance 2 is for my home , so I can label it as "My Home PLCBUS". But can it be also label Instance 1 ? That is because once I create two instance. When I create a device , there will have two PLCBUS tab , I think one is for Instance 1 , one is for instance 2, but i don't know which tab is 1 , which tab is 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
        Dear Stipus ,

Now i am testing multi-controller in HS3. I am testing on v0.9
        My set up is. I have two 1141NDR . One install in my office ,one install in my home. Server is installed in my office.
        Office 's 1141NDR IP is local internal ip , say 172.16.0.30
        Home 's 1141NDR IP is dynamic IP , say kevinlo.dyndns.org

Problem 1 : I try to create two instance in Plug-in page. But I cannot setup different IP for different instance correctly.

Problem 2 : Once I create two instance in Plug-in page. For the 2nd instance , I can label it , say Instance 1 is for my office. Instance 2 is for my home , so I can label it as "My Home PLCBUS". But can it be also label Instance 1 ? That is because once I create two instance. When I create a device , there will have two PLCBUS tab , I think one is for Instance 1 , one is for instance 2, but i don't know which tab is 1 , which tab is 2.
        For Problem 1 , I think I know what is the problem.

When I click , "PLUG-INS" --> "Manage" , when you see there have two instance. But all the hyperlink of "PLCBUS" , all are point to Instance 1. Normally , I think that Instance 1's hyperlink is for config Instance 1 , Instance 2's hyperlink is for config Instance 2. ....

So I need to enter the config page by select "PLUG-INS" ---> "PLCBUS" --> select different instance's config page.

Problem 3.
        When I create a device , in the last PLCBUS tab(I assume last tab should be Instance 2) , select PLCBUS Appliance and press "Done". Browser will show this error.
        ["CTime","5/3/2014 12:03:51 AM","PAGE_stoptimer","","PAGE_stoptimer",""]
        So I cannot create a device for Instance 2.

Comment

Dear Kevin,

This is a bug in HS3. I cannot do anything to fix it myself. I have filled an official bug report to the Homeseer bugzilla...

To create a device in multi-instance mode, you have to shut down other plugin instances first.

I hope HST will find some time to work on this problem...

Best regards,

Stipus
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
            Hi Stipus, it's 4 trial days left for me. Can I purchase it or get a longer trial?
            I will send the plugin to the HS updated ASAP. Max beginning of next week.

In the meantime, you can ask HST for a renewed trial,
            --
            stipus

Comment

Dear Kevin,

I just tested with the latest HomeSeer 3 beta version 3.0.0.84, and the bugs are still present.

I bumped the HomeSeer bug
              http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1673

To configure multiple interfaces:

- Don't use the config link in the manage plugin page, because this calls the wrong plugin instance.
              - Use the menu PLUG-INS / PLCBUS/ instance name Configuration

To create new HomeSeer devices for a specific plugin instance:

- Shutdown other plugin instances first so that you only have one PLCBUS tab in the create new device HomeSeer dialog box.

I hope these problems will be solved...
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                Dear Kevin,

I just tested with the latest HomeSeer 3 beta version 3.0.0.84, and the bugs are still present.

I bumped the HomeSeer bug
                http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1673

To configure multiple interfaces:

- Don't use the config link in the manage plugin page, because this calls the wrong plugin instance.
                - Use the menu PLUG-INS / PLCBUS/ instance name Configuration

To create new HomeSeer devices for a specific plugin instance:

- Shutdown other plugin instances first so that you only have one PLCBUS tab in the create new device HomeSeer dialog box.

I hope these problems will be solved...
                Dear Stipus ,

Now my setting :
                Instance 1 , User Code 67
                Instance 2 , User Code 209

I can create all the device for User Code 67 without any problem.
                As your mention , if I need to create device for user code 209. I need to disable instance 1 first in Plug-in Manage page.
                So I disable instance 1 and create device for User Code 209.
                I only create one device , say User Code 209 , D3.
                I can create it successfully. And then I enable again Instance 1.

So , now i my database, i have many device for user code 67 and one device for 209. I can control it correctly.

But once I click into User Code : 209 D3 device , try to change PLCBUS appliance to PLCBUS appliance status and then press Done. (I still don't know what is the usage for PLCBUS appliance status ...... )

The User Code 209 will change into User Code 67 .

Is that also cause by the HS3 bugs ?

Thanks

Comment

Yes I think HomeSeer calls the wrong plugin instance when you click the DONE button.

I hope this will be solved soon, or they give me a workaround so that it works correctly.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                    Yes I think HomeSeer calls the wrong plugin instance when you click the DONE button.

I hope this will be solved soon, or they give me a workaround so that it works correctly.
                    OK. Understood.

By the way , I find that , for instance 2's Help Page and Tools Page not work (Instance 2's Configuration Page work.).
                    For instance 1 , all three page work.

By the way , for the future , will it be release API support for the plug-in , so that I can use it in my script ?

Thanks
                    Kevin Lo

Comment

You should already be able to use the plugin from scripts:

You can use Capi-Control to get all possible controls for each device.

See an example here:
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166941

If you need an other API, I can add it to the plugin.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

For your information, the plugin has been sent to the updater.
                        It should be available soon.

Best regards,

stipus
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

What is meaning for Blink command ?

Dear Stipus ,

View -> Device Status -> Click one of device's Icon , then it will pop up.

What is meaning for "Blink" command ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Kevin,

I don't know what is the PlcBus BLINK command. This command is in the PlcBus protocol like ON/OFF or DIM, and I implemented all the protocol.

Maybe it was a command to make lights blink (quick on/off) in case of emergency or to catch attention, but when I send the Blink command to current PlcBus modules, the modules just ack the blink command has been received, but do nothing special.

In the future, some PlcBus modules might respond to this command... and the PlcBus plugin is ready for this.

If you don't want the Blink command, you can remove it. Just click the device, go to the Status/Graphic tab, and remove the line 200 - Blink or set the line to status Only.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Tyler from the HST team told me the PLCBUS plugin should be available today from the updater and store.

Best regards,

stipus
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

This is to let you know the plugin is now available from the HomeSeer updater and HomeSeer store.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X