Charting on Device Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting on Device Strings

I am using HS3 and have a trial version of BL Chart.

Within BL Chart I have setup a number of Devices as Type = Device String. However, it seems I am only capable of generating charts that track On/Off status.

From within the PI I'd like to be able to generate Bar/Line/Pie charts for parameters like Temperature/humidity/Energy Usage vs time. The data will come from RXCom devices and Insteon iMeter devices.

I am not sure if this is possible (although I'm not sure what other use a Device String type would have).

I simply may not be using the PI correctly. Although, some of the PI descriptions lead me to believe the charts only track On/Off status.

Advice or samples would be welcome.

Thank you

I mentioned in your other thread Blade is pretty quick about responding, but then I saw this:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=1
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
      Within BL Chart I have setup a number of Devices as Type = Device String. However, it seems I am only capable of generating charts that track On/Off status.
      I'm not familiar with BLChart, but I assume you can use device value. Is there a reason you prefer to use the string?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Charting on Device Strings...

Fuddy,

I didn't see that. Thanks.

This isn't urgent, I can wait for Blade's return

Comment

Device Strings ...

Uncle Michael,

Thanks for the input. As well, I am not very familiar with BLChart (and have not been successful using it the way I imagine it should work).

However, it seems the PI is designed to support two Device Types (On-OFF and Device String). From what I have read, the PI extracts the data value from the HTML device string. No Device Value option is presented. Indeed, the PI DOES seem to correctly identify the device data in that it shows the device's present value when a mouse hovers above that device listing in the PI status page.

I am a novice to this PI, so I may have incorrectly set it up, or I may have a misunderstanding of it's functionality.

Thanks again for jumping in with the suggestion.

John

Comment

Working...
          X