Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Request - Lights off after no motion

Ok all,
    This would be a nice how to as I know I have set this up before with help of others but now and then i forget how to do it. Building a new machine and going to start over so I will be trying to figure this one out again..

example is I open my garage door... (concord 4 door sensor)
    door opens - event turns lights on and trips motion (didnt before but if you dont walk in room light stays on so trip it)
    You walk around and the lights never turn off
    when you leave they turn off.

i remember it has to do with one manual event that is deleted then ran in x minutes... keeps checking and the sort..

anyway possibly a how to for this?
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Ok all,
    This would be a nice how to as I know I have set this up before with help of others but now and then i forget how to do it. Building a new machine and going to start over so I will be trying to figure this one out again..

example is I open my garage door... (concord 4 door sensor)
    door opens - event turns lights on and trips motion (didnt before but if you dont walk in room light stays on so trip it)
    You walk around and the lights never turn off
    when you leave they turn off.

i remember it has to do with one manual event that is deleted then ran in x minutes... keeps checking and the sort..

anyway possibly a how to for this?
    It is usually handled by a delayed device action. The ON event:

is triggered by the motion detector showing motion and the OFF event is triggered when the motion detector sends No Motion

The OFF event creates a delayed device action to turn the light OFF after five minutes. If the ON event is triggered any delayed device actions are removed until another OFF event is triggered. This way the light will stay on as long as you are moving in the area, then go OFF after all motion ceases. A delayed device action is another event that is automatically created with a specific time as a trigger.

There is a thread exploring many of the possibilities here.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X