2 device values - compare thermostats to run fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 device values - compare thermostats to run fan

I have attached a pic of 2 events to try to get fan to go to Circulation mode when a temperature difference equals or exceeds 2 degrees and an event to revert back to auto fan mode if less than 1 degree difference.

I couldn't find a write up of the logic. Does it matter which device goes first? Is the +/- number the difference or what gets added to second number to make equation true?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
    I couldn't find a write up of the logic. Does it matter which device goes first?
    no it doesn't matter which device goes first

the trigger fire if all the following conditions are true:
    (a) the equation was previously false
    (b) one of the two devices being compared has its value changed
    (c) the equation is now true

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
    Is the +/- number the difference or what gets added to second number to make equation true?
    It is what's get added to the second device value
    Code:
    Device A >= (Device B + 2)
    which is equivalent to:
    Code:
    (Device A - Device B) >= 2

Comment

Thanks Spud. I see I needed 2 swap my thermostats for 2nd event to make work. Appreciate the clarification.

Comment

came upon this thread and trying to understand it and how to mimic it with my setup. I have three CT100 thermostats. Ever since installing them the upstairs thermostat always has to have the fan in on mode in order for heat and AC to actually work. how can I use this plugin to have the fan run only when heat/ac is needed due to floor temp not yet achieved and then turn off when all three thermostats have their target thermostat and then turn on again when a floor thermostat is below or above target temp depending on if using heat or ac

Thanks in advance
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X