Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro motion sensor gen 5 generate motion when no motion

Hi, I'm very new to Z-wave.
    My Setup is 10 Fibaro motion sensors gen 5 (FGMS-001) and Z-stick Gen 5 Z-wave (AEOEZW090-C)

The first registered sensor seems to work as it should I think but the rest are triggering motion/nomotion every x seconds even if no motion in the area.

PHP Code:
    Mar-05 15:44:14         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to On/Open/Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:14         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventMotion Detected Unknown Location        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:13         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to Off/Closed/No Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:13         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventNo Event       
    Mar
    -05 15:44:10         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 18 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to On/Open/Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:10         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 18 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventMotion Detected Unknown Location        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:09         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 18 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to Off/Closed/No Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:44:09         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 18 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventNo Event       
    Mar
    -05 15:43:57         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to On/Open/Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:57         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventMotion Detected Unknown Location        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:56         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to Off/Closed/No Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:56         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventNo Event        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:40         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to On/Open/Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:40         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventMotion Detected Unknown Location        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:39         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to Off/Closed/No Motion        
    Mar
    -05 15:43:39         Z-Wave    DeviceNode 16 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home SecurityEventNo 
    I have put a camera in the room to stream if the motion sensor was blinking and the result is exacly every 30 seconds. This time is equal to same time settings as "Motion timeout (seconds):"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonlof; March 5, 2016, 10:26 AM.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Have you tried playing with the sensitivity value?

I am sure each setup will be different, but I find a value of 30-40 works well. I am running 7 sensors with no false alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by greyt View Post
      Have you tried playing with the sensitivity value?

I am sure each setup will be different, but I find a value of 30-40 works well. I am running 7 sensors with no false alarms.
      Hi, the first sensor is set to 8 and working perfect, the other is untouched on 15 I think. If I unregister the device from network it never blink without motion, when I add them back it starts blink every x seconds. If I set Motion timeout to 5 seconds the led blinks every 5 seconds.
      I will test to increase the sensitive area and see if the problem stops
      Thanks
      --
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Increasing the sensitivity value help to unvoid self triggering every 30 timeout secs.
        Unfourtley they are much less sensitive for motion so it does not work well for keep tracking if a person is still in a room with small movement, just for walking arround.

What I find a bit disturbing is that the first added sensor can have sensitivity 8 while the others have up to nearly 30.

If I unpack up a whole new sensor without registering the device on network, the slightest movement is detected as I want, but as soon it is registered with the HS, it starts to auto detect motion exactly every 30 seconds.

The default sensitivity is 10 (untouched) which working great, when register the device to hs it change sensitivity to 15 which cause self detection every 30 secs.
        So I guess when HS add the sensor to the system it must change some other parameters as well?
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Exact same issue, I think this is a new 2016 Sensor

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

I have 2 older Fibaro Motion Sensors all bought during 2015 that appear identical but are not. I believe that this is a new model listed on Amazon.co.uk with the same code but a new '1st available date' and also listed as ZW+ and Gen5.

You can see very clearly from the earlier posts that the number of devices that get added to HS3 are significantly more than the older models.
          My older models only have 5 or 6 devices added where as this new model is detected as a 'Fibaro notification sensor' and has 11-12 devices added and fails to add the 12th, whatever that is.

This leads me to believe that HS3 does not properly support this new model.

In addition it was extremely difficult to 'include' the sensor in to the HS3 network in that it kept failing the security checks(?) and I had to re-scan several times and then had to add it insecurely.

Perhaps someone could shed some light on this issue?

Comment

Its definitely a newer model

Just to confirm this is definitely a newer version of the 2015 Fibaro Motion Sensor.

Unlike the older units (which appear identical btw) it is Gen 5 and ZWave+. Some places are already out of stock of the older model.

Anyway, I've upped the sensitivity Parameter (1) to '20' and it stops the continual triggering but the sensitivity drops down to about 7 feet which is useless. The old models work fine with no parameter changes and mine work at 20 feet distance no problem.

As 'Tonlof' says the false triggering seems to be caused by HS3. If the unit is not included in a network, then it triggers normally with all parameters at default values, but clearly this is just a test case. Just including the sensor in to the HS3 network however, causes triggering every 30 seconds even when the motion detector is fully covered. HS3 must be affecting the devices behaviour somehow.

Comment

Devices

Below shows the difference in the devices that are created between the old and new sensors.

Node 57 is the 2014\15 Fibrao Motion Sensor

Node 58 is the Gen 5 model with all of the sensitivity and continual triggering issues. Hopefully the HS3 team can update HS3 accordingly as these sensors are really great value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sensors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1184507

Comment

Any Updates?

I am interested in getting one of these devices and was hoping that there might be an update for the issues mentioned above.

Thanks

Comment

Interesting to see that when I added the sensor even more devices where created.... I have 3 luminance devices , one of which does not seem to get updated at all and one that randomly changes.

Does anybody know the answer to the following questions:

1. Why do we have multiple devices for one function? (eg. 3x luminance)
                  2. What's the difference between "Home Security" and "Sensor Binary Reserved"? Both seem to respond to the motion detector but sometimes the "Sensor Binary Reserved" is not updated
                  3. Why do the Acceleration and Seismic Sensors not have an icon? It seems like a HS3 install does not have "/images/HomeSeer/status/angle-position.png"

Comment

Hi, have not find the time to test more so my sensors are still unused.
                    Has it been fixed by zwave plugin or is there any new firmware available? My sensors report Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 3.2
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                      Interesting to see that when I added the sensor even more devices where created.... I have 3 luminance devices , one of which does not seem to get updated at all and one that randomly changes.

Does anybody know the answer to the following questions:

1. Why do we have multiple devices for one function? (eg. 3x luminance)
                      2. What's the difference between "Home Security" and "Sensor Binary Reserved"? Both seem to respond to the motion detector but sometimes the "Sensor Binary Reserved" is not updated
                      3. Why do the Acceleration and Seismic Sensors not have an icon? It seems like a HS3 install does not have "/images/HomeSeer/status/angle-position.png"
                      Can anyone at Homeseer answer the question above? I find it very disturbing that i see a ton of posts like these where NO ONE has an answer for the poster

I have the same question!! What is the difference between Home Security and Sensor Binary and also HOW can i trigger MOTION as opposed to MOTION BY UNKNOWN LOCATION?

Comment

The extra questions probably got lost in the thread. A person opening the thread for the first time would see a question about false motion detections and might not notice the extra questions.

That being said, I'll TRY to answer those questions. (I have one of the older and one of the newer fibaro sensors.)

1. When I saw that, I deleted the child devices (except for the root, of course), manually woke up the sensor (rapid pressing of the button inside) and performed a "rescan." This recreated the child devices required. If an extra child popped up (such as an extra luminance), I'd do something to force that child to change (shine a flashlight into the sensor, for example), and delete the duplicate child that didn't react.

2. I don't remember if I had it before and it got nuked when I performed the steps in #1 or not, but I currently do not have a "binary sensor reserved."

3. There are icons floating around on the forum that people can use. Personally, before I did the rescan (mentioned in step one), I changed z-wave parameter 24 (I think) to 0 - and those other sensors didn't get created. (Changes to use vibration as "tamper only.)

Based on my understanding of how HS works, in many cases you really can't blame HS for various child devices. It's only creating child devices for the different command classes that the device advertises. If you don't want to see the info, you can hide the child specific devices, but I think most people would agree that it's better for HS to expose everything that the device exposes, instead of taking bad guesses as to what the user might want.

I'd try following the steps in #1 for fixing up the child devices. Make sure that the motion sensor is near the z-wave interface so there's no mixup in communication when it's doing the rescan.

Comment

New Fibaro Motion Sensors unreliable motion and luminance

Hi All,

I also recently bought three new fibaro motion sensors and a new Aeotec Zwave stick as I wanted to make good use of the Zwave Plus features. I'm still not sure if I have any Zwave Plus Feature that I benefit from but I do have lot's of issues with the new Motion sensors. I would like to switch the lights on based on motion + luminance being under a minimum threshold.

I have an identical setup with the older version of the fibaro sensors and those work fine but I cannot get the new onese to work properly.

Adding them seems to take multiple attempts (after which 11 of 12 devices are generated). If I rescan the root device I end up with an extra luminance device and in all cases the device either does not register motion or stays stuck on motion, rendering the devices useless.

I have set parameter 40 to 5 (to force the device to report a luminance change of 5 lux) and that seems to work well. Just the motion detection is unreliable.

I have tested with parameter 3 set to 0 and 1 and that does not seem to make a difference.

I have also deleted the child devices (as suggested in this thread) and rescanned the devices to re-create them but that does not seem to do the trick either.

I am using 3.0.1.87 of the z-wave plugin as I found the beta version to be somewhat unreliable.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Revert Firmware?

I have a few of the older sensors as well as the new version. Having the same issues as you all. Is there any benefit in reverting back to an older firmware version? Is that even possible?

My older Fibaro motion detectors give me no issues. I'd love to run that firmware in the newer sensors.

Comment

I had the same problems with an additional symptom where motion triggers may fire seconds after the LED flashes, and sometimes it would not process the trigger at all.
                              Probably will be fixed in a newer version of the zwave plugin, but you can have a workaround of only setting the association group 4 for the device - forces it back to the older protocol spec, but at least it works properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X