• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Hub Devices failed

Hi,
    I've installed Harmony hub plugin.
    Rescan devices was successfully, I can control my Harmony hub with HomeSeer
    events.
    But after clicking "Create HS Hub device(s)" on the Harmony Hub devices page
    nothing happens and no HS Hub devices are created.

Where is the issue ?

Ragards,
    Fischi

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
    Hi,
    I've installed Harmony hub plugin.
    Rescan devices was successfully, I can control my Harmony hub with HomeSeer
    events.
    But after clicking "Create HS Hub device(s)" on the Harmony Hub devices page
    nothing happens and no HS Hub devices are created.

Where is the issue ?

Ragards,
    Fischi
    Please sent me the plugin specific logging with debug on?
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
      Please sent me the plugin specific logging with debug on?
      Hi Rien,
      I've enabled debug mode.
      After clicking "create HS hub device(s) nothing comes in the log about this.
      I'll wait the next hub poll time (5 minutes)

Regards,
      Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
        Hi Rien,
        I've enabled debug mode.
        After clicking "create HS hub device(s) nothing comes in the log about this.
        I'll wait the next hub poll time (5 minutes)

Regards,
        Fischi
        Strange. Have you saved the debug settings ?
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
          Strange. Have you saved the debug settings ?
          Yes,
          other Harmony hub debug messages such as Plugin: Harmony Hub Execute Command VolumeDown for hub: Hub1 device: 44262520-Bose Heimkino
          are shown in the log.

Fischi

Comment

Just an observation, if I have a device called "Tivo Mini" in two rooms, the plugin only seems to created one device. Not sure if it is looking at the device name to see if a device exists but it should match on floor, room and device name. Not sure if this is the issue and/or if I am seeing things correctly. But this was happening when I called all my hubs "Harmony Hub." When I changed to "Bedroom Hub," "Basement Hub," etc. then the plugin created the HS devices but wouldn't create them when all were named the same.

This is kind of a PITA as when you add devices to My Harmony they get the generic name of the device "Samsung TV," "Tivo Mini," "Sony AV Receiver," and so on. If you have multiple devices of the same manufacturer the workaround would be to individually give each a unique name.

Am I correct in this observation? If so, would it be possible to have the plugin at least match on Room AND Device Name (preferably AND floor would be nice).

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
              Just an observation, if I have a device called "Tivo Mini" in two rooms, the plugin only seems to created one device. Not sure if it is looking at the device name to see if a device exists but it should match on floor, room and device name. Not sure if this is the issue and/or if I am seeing things correctly. But this was happening when I called all my hubs "Harmony Hub." When I changed to "Bedroom Hub," "Basement Hub," etc. then the plugin created the HS devices but wouldn't create them when all were named the same.

This is kind of a PITA as when you add devices to My Harmony they get the generic name of the device "Samsung TV," "Tivo Mini," "Sony AV Receiver," and so on. If you have multiple devices of the same manufacturer the workaround would be to individually give each a unique name.

Am I correct in this observation? If so, would it be possible to have the plugin at least match on Room AND Device Name (preferably AND floor would be nice).

Thank you
              You're correct. Please use a different name for the device.
              I will try to have this solved in a future release.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
              X