Starting HS events from Harmony buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting HS events from Harmony buttons

This may be the wrong place for this, and if it is I apologize. I am demoing the plugin and I do not think it will do what I want. I am looking to be able to hit a button on my remote and have it trigger an event within Homeseer. For example, hit pause and it pauses the show and dims the lights to 25%. Hit play, it starts the show and turns them back off.

I used to do this via USB-UIRT, but I hate programming the IR codes into that thing, so I thought I would check here before I start torturing myself with that process again.

Again, if this is the wrong place feel free to move this to a general forum.

Originally posted by chewie View Post
    This may be the wrong place for this, and if it is I apologize. I am demoing the plugin and I do not think it will do what I want. I am looking to be able to hit a button on my remote and have it trigger an event within Homeseer. For example, hit pause and it pauses the show and dims the lights to 25%. Hit play, it starts the show and turns them back off.

I used to do this via USB-UIRT, but I hate programming the IR codes into that thing, so I thought I would check here before I start torturing myself with that process again.

Again, if this is the wrong place feel free to move this to a general forum.
    This plug-in will report activities (watch TV, listen to music, etc.) but it does not report device controls.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think it is possible to setup a dummy device on your Harmony, relabel/reduce the commands to just the few you need, then teach those commands to whatever IR device you have hooked up to HomeSeer. You can then trigger events based on those received IR commands. I DON'T have this working now, but I did this in 2009 on HS2 with great success.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I am trying to achieve exactly the same, that when I pause any movie the lights dim 25% and when I play it switch off the light. Can someone please help?

Comment

Working...
        X