Reminders and Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminders and Schedules

How do I set up a reminder to replace HVAC filters every 3 months? And maybe a Recycling reminder every other week?

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    How do I set up a reminder to replace HVAC filters every 3 months? And maybe a Recycling reminder every other week?
    How do you want to be reminded? Announcement, eMail, Pushover, etc.

You can use Wadenut's Daily Reminders script.

You can set up a time trigger to check dates for replacing filters. Trigger at the time you want the reminder(s) and use multiple dates for the condition. I.E. 1/1/Y, 4/1/Y, 7/1/Y, 10/1/Y. Then use action(s) to issue the reminder(a).

For recycle days you could use two events and a counter. The first event would increment the counter at 12:01AM each day. The second event would trigger at the time when you want the reminder with a condition that the counter equals 14, then use actions to reset the counter and issue the reminder(s) . Manually reset the counter on the first recycling day to get it synchronized.
    Last edited by randy; July 21, 2017, 11:36 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I know how to have homeseer send me a text, so it would be text. I'd rather not hardcode dates in for the filter replacement. Can I set up a counter to send a text every 90 days? Same with the recycling, just send a text every 14 days.

Comment

I think I figured it out. I'm using a timer, and if the day is sunday at 9am and if the timer is greater than 13 days shoot off an email saying it's recycling week, and then restart the timer. basically did the same thing for the HVAC only if it's greater than 90 days. What's a counter used for?

Comment

Reminders and Schedules

I use a family Google calendar for our recycling. Ours is first and third Wednesdays so I have two repeating calendar items setup for 6am for those days. Each has 2 alerts for 9 & 11 hours earlier. This way we are reminded twice the night before on each of our phones. Didn't see the need for HomeSeer integration for this, personally.
          cheeryfool

Comment

How do I know if a timer is running? How do I activate the timer? Shouldnt these timers be counting up?
            Attached Files

Comment

How do I know if a timer is running? How do I activate the timer? Shouldnt these timers be counting up?
              Timers can be started stopped, set and resumed through Event actions.

Look at this thread:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173379

Comment

I think I figured it out. I'm using a timer, and if the day is sunday at 9am and if the timer is greater than 13 days shoot off an email saying it's recycling week, and then restart the timer. basically did the same thing for the HVAC only if it's greater than 90 days. What's a counter used for?
                Just like a timer, a counter can be incremented, decremented, set or reset. See this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173384

The values of a counter or timer can be used as Triggers and Conditions.

Comment

Timers are also controllable from the web interface
                  TOOLS\GLOBAL Variable Timers and Counters -> Timers Tab

I turn on a timer when my HVAC is on and off when off to count the actual running time of the unit. Then I use an Event to trigger a reminder to change the filter when the timer value is over a certain amount of time. Works great!!
                  Once I change the filter, I reset the timer and I'm off to another project.

Comment

Working...
                  X