Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to change the voice on Kindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to change the voice on Kindle?

I am using the speak command in homeseer and this is working great with my kindles mounted in the wall. I am not using the Tasker command, just the regular speak command.

The question is - can I change the voice on the kindle or am I stuck with the mechanical sounding woman? Thanks.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I am using the speak command in homeseer and this is working great with my kindles mounted in the wall. I am not using the Tasker command, just the regular speak command.

The question is - can I change the voice on the kindle or am I stuck with the mechanical sounding woman? Thanks.
    The voices you hear come from the Windows Server. Start here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ech-feature-in

Then read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175392

I have the IVONA voices and they sound natural.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am able to change the speech fonts on my windows touchscreens with no issue. I am trying to change the speech font on my Kindles that I am using around the house as mounted touchscreens.

On my Windows PCs I am using the Ivona Brian voice and it sounds great. On the Kindle's, it seems to default to a woman's voice but I don't know where this is coming from.

I use the tasker plugin. Somehow this is allowing the homeseer speak command to work and the kindle's are processing the TTS commands. It gives little other control - it doesn't show up as a speaker device in homeseer, etc. But it does work.

I have found some posts elsewhere on the internet about doing this using something a polish programmer did so I am going to have a go and will post back if I find anything working.

Comment

Working...
      X