embedding video clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embedding video clip?

Is there a way to embed a video clip on a screen. I am not talking about a camera feed but like i have a short video clip i want to play anytime i navigate to a screen. Thanks

A while back here wrote a tiny python script that did a time lapse video of one camera for use with my weather station. Thinking it was about 10 minutes of video or so.

It is a camera feed but you can convert any type video to any format you want these days.

The script did downsize the HD IP pixel resolution and convert a bunch of JPG images to video.

I did embed the video on my HSTouch screens was running VLC externally from a button push doing an overlay of the video to the HSTouch client.

I did put a link on the Homeseer 3 GUI to view the time lapse videos and that worked well for me. Next steps here were relating to running the video via an HTML link on HSTouch. Never did it though.

Here is the html stuff for the links for the HS3 GUI.

<p></p>

<video id="video" width="320" height="159" controls>
    <source src="cam1.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
    </video>

<video id="video" width="320" height="159" controls>
    <source src="cam2.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
    </video>

<p></p>

The base html sat on the /HomeSeer/html directory. You could try maybe to insert the link on your HSTouch client and see if it plays back.

I have been trying to convert a gif video for use with HSTouch as embedding this video today breaks HSTouch designer.

USLoop
    Last edited by Pete; July 20, 2018, 10:23 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, I tried the link you posted, and it is working. The only change I made to the image box was set it to stretch.

Comment

Undecided if it makes a good background.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

These are the highest resolution images I have ever seen.

So then the NOAA GIF doesn't lock up HS Designer?

Here the HS3 logs show connectivity errors sometimes in the middle of the morning (like 3 AM) for the GIF which I have configured as one of the map variables. It just will not load up in Designer.

Right now just using the JPG which works for my weather screens.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

No, I'm not having any issues.
            I don't know what this means really, but it looks like a lot (I have 16G RAM). Maybe your pegging the Ram or something.
            Where are you getting these?

Sorry AJ, it appears we hijacked your post.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Thomas. Yes thinking that is the issue.

Here keep one Windows server "lite" on the rack which runs all sorts of programs like HSDesigner, Alarm panel software, UPB stuff and I use RDP to access it from the home laptops and desktops. Making the new desktops and laptops do Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10. This keeps all of my configurations on one box and I can access the box via RDP from Windows or from Ubuntu on the LAN or WAN (via VPN). CPU and memory on RDP server is lite so upgrading the server to something with more memory and cpu. I can see the GIF file fine with the browser. It is only HSDesigner that locks up when loading the GIF. Going to rebuild it (old now) using more memory / cpu.

Here is what my RDP session / memory looks like. I am at 26 pages of HSTouch screens (sort of overdoing it) to using some 15 HSTouch tabletop touchscreens (keep one on my home office desk to watch changes). The touchscreens have no issues displaying the new weather gif files using a browser.

[ATTACH]70066[/ATTACH]

Testing HSTouch GIF file stuff and editing the xml HSTouch file via vnc on the client to see if this works first.

<ImageFile>hxxp://ipofhs3server/images/weatherXML/maps/downloadMap_2_1.gif</ImageFile>

The gif file displays in IE and Firefox on the Windows embedded touchscreen just fine.
              Last edited by Pete; July 21, 2018, 09:45 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Well I didn't know how much power Blue Iris needed, so I ended up with an Asus G751 I7 Riot Shield posing as a laptop (Tim Allen Gorilla Impression). I think I've seen the CPU peg at 12 percent lol, but the RAM is what BI needs a lot of apparently.

Comment

Yeah here mostly been running Linux and BSD.

Zoneminder is the CCTV box and it runs on Ubuntu 16.04 and currently connected to only IP HD cameras and is very flexible to tweak and tap in to.ra

Still have one Axis server on line plus doing analog to IP using Grandstream boxes which take the video to an OmniPro CCTV touchscreen panel which is a sub panel of the main OmniPro panel. (a bit much just to take video over to the Omni Touchscreens.)

Been running ZM now for over 10 years. Runs best with fast CPU / 16 Gb of RAM.

MythTV / Squeezebox server is on another Ubuntu 16.04 box connected to HD HomeRun boxes plus uses an old Nexus Satellite card.

PFSense and NAS #3 (8 drive) is running on BSD boxes.

Slowly shifting Windows servers here to VB's or VM's. There are still hardware boxes running Windows server.

@Thomas...your posts have me tinkering again with a 15" wide screen multitouch monitor (open frame) connected to a Windows 10 / Ubuntu 16.04 mini PC velcroed to the back for wall mounting. Well it will be DIN mounted with a wooden frame around it. It is only about 1/2" thick. This will also incorporate a Kinect (on the wall above the touchscreen).

It'll run Skype, HSTouch, speaker, Cortana and Kodi (for live TV stuff).
                  Last edited by Pete; July 21, 2018, 11:54 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Got the gif file to work manually editing the HS3 touchscreen xml file.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Glad you got it working. Editing the xml file is not even in my ballpark. ;-) where are you getting these gifs?

Comment

The html is only a few lines long.

cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/GIFS/

These are just JPGs

cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/FD/

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/dat...y_geocolor.mp4
                        Last edited by Pete; July 22, 2018, 02:00 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X